• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things in the Pokémon world which just don't make sense (by pokémon standards)

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Excadrill's Pokedex entries contricring each other, one mentions it being helpful in tunnel construction while other states its tunnelling can be destructive to subway tunnels. It could be referencing the difference between trained and wild Excadrill however.

Also Skorupi frequently being mentioned as living in arid areas, but the only two arid areas it can be found in are the Wasteland area of Johto's Safari Zone and Reversal Mountain.

Sparky Mc-S

Let the sparks fly~
Talking about that, how in the world can you summon Lati@s from your PC? It's been converted to digital data and has been stored in some matrix somewhere.

You think summoning Lati@s from the PC is confusing? Before I restarted my AS, I traded Latias to OR and was still able to summon her in Sapphire :)

Vern

Why not both?
And then there is the fact that when you become the champion after defeating the current one in the game, you never actually take their place.

Prakhar

Normal: The abnormal
And then there is the fact that when you become the champion after defeating the current one in the game, you never actually take their place.

You chose to travel and see the world instead of being stuck in a place with very little challenegers

Vern

Why not both?
You chose to travel and see the world instead of being stuck in a place with very little challengers

I think you missed my point. My point is that you are the champion now, but every time you go through the league, you need to battle the elite four again. I mean, I'm the champion already! what the heck! And there's not even the option to go and be the champion. (that would take a lot of programming though.)

Prakhar

Normal: The abnormal
I think you missed my point. My point is that you are the champion now, but every time you go through the league, you need to battle the elite four again. I mean, I'm the champion already! what the heck! And there's not even the option to go and be the champion. (that would take a lot of programming though.)

As i once saw in the anime, cynthia was challenged by aaron, lucius and etc. for the position of the chamption, so the E4 may challenge you to be the champ. themselves.

Sunset Star

The DS Gamer

JohnMango95

Loyal magma grunt
why can't eelektross not use any water type attacks?

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
If Red is implied not to speak in both HGSS and BW2, how can he command his pokemon to use attacks?

Just because he doesn't speak to your character doesn't mean he can't speak at all.

why can't eelektross not use any water type attacks?

Besides what Akashin mentioned, why would it be able to? It's not a Water type, so it shouldn't be expected to know any.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
One thing thats always confused me is Palkia's water typing. It just seems such a random typing.

While I agree they could have made it more obvious in design and in lore, the reasoning behind the SpaceTime trio's typings is solid-liquid-gas, or Steel-Water-Ghost respectively. Not 100% sure if that's been confirmed but it makes a lot of sense and I've heard it a lot.

If Red is implied not to speak in both HGSS and BW2, how can he command his pokemon to use attacks?
There are more ways to communicate than simply speaking aloud - he could have used sign language or motioned to them in some other way, or his pokemon could have instinctively known what he'd have wanted them to do after battling and training with them for so long.

Silmiss

Dream Trainer
The pokemon without mouths. It is shown in the anime that pokemon need to eat as well as the humans do, then how do pokemon without mouths live?

The pokemon without mouths. It is shown in the anime that pokemon need to eat as well as the humans do, then how do pokemon without mouths live?

That's true, how do they speak, eat, and breath?

JohnMango95

Loyal magma grunt
It has Rain Dance and Aqua Tail, at the very least.

ehh... i don't know if that would count. i mean, none of those moves are learned naturally. at the very least, surf should be second nature, considering the fact that eleektross's habitat is the water.
even the pokedex references the fact that eelektross lives underwater. and while i know that the pokedex is usually incorrect, i think the basic data is somewhat logical

"They crawl out of the ocean using their arms. They will attack prey on shore and immediately drag it into the ocean" (pokedex entry, pokemon black version)

Akashin

ehh... i don't know if that would count. i mean, none of those moves are learned naturally. at the very least, surf should be second nature, considering the fact that eleektross's habitat is the water.
even the pokedex references the fact that eelektross lives underwater. and while i know that the pokedex is usually incorrect, i think the basic data is somewhat logical

"They crawl out of the ocean using their arms. They will attack prey on shore and immediately drag it into the ocean" (pokedex entry, pokemon black version)

Oh, I know. I was just pointing out that it does have Water moves. It is unusual that it doesn't have any by level up or at least TM.