• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things in the Pokémon world which just don't make sense (by pokémon standards)

Akashin

The evolution line of Caterpie > Metapod > butterfree vs venonant > venomoth

the last of each evolution line should be swapped

...Why?

I'm not sure why this even remotely makes sense, to say nothing of why you think the existing evolution lines don't...

Prakhar

Normal: The abnormal
...Why?

I'm not sure why this even remotely makes sense, to say nothing of why you think the existing evolution lines don't...

He means the theory that venomoth was supposed to be the evolution of metapod and butterfree the evolution of venonat.
A false theory, in my opinion, since such a drastic change of colour is wierd.

Akashin

He means the theory that venomoth was supposed to be the evolution of metapod and butterfree the evolution of venonat.

Can't say I've ever heard that one. Huh, the more you know, I guess.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
You can send out Pokemon out in the outer space fight against Deoxys that clearly need to breath, like Swampert. This wouldn't be so bad if it weren't established in-game you needed a space suit. Also, if you were holding onto Rayquaza, wouldn't you risk floating into the abyss/falling to Earth by sending Rayquaza out/back in a Pokeball?

obviously this is proof all pokemon are aliens

... In all seriousness, it's not that much a logical fallacy as Pokémon breathing underwater, when its established the Player Character needs that mouth-piece thing by Devon/The Ranger Union.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader

Both Butterfree and Venomoth are purple, so evolving from Caterpie and Metapod would be a drastic color change either way. I'm not saying I believe the theory, but Venonat and Butterfree do look suspiciously similar.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
You can send out Pokemon out in the outer space fight against Deoxys that clearly need to breath, like Swampert. This wouldn't be so bad if it weren't established in-game you needed a space suit. Also, if you were holding onto Rayquaza, wouldn't you risk floating into the abyss/falling to Earth by sending Rayquaza out/back in a Pokeball?

In my admittedly small experience of anime, and anime-like media, humans still require spacesuits, but whatever mystical creatures exist in said world don't. Don't ask me why, it's just the way things work.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
The same way some Pokémon can breathe underwater when they shouldn't be able to. It's just a mechanic they want us to accept for cool storytelling.

That's not satisfying, especially when they actually gave mechanics that implemented the storyline(aka why Rayquaza has Delta Stream). Protesting because it goes against its own logic

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
obviously this is proof all pokemon are aliens

... In all seriousness, it's not that much a logical fallacy as Pokémon breathing underwater, when its established the Player Character needs that mouth-piece thing by Devon/The Ranger Union.

Meh, don't think so. I think Pokémon are sort of immortal and don't look like aliens, except for Vaporeon, Mewtwo and Deoxys.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Meh, don't think so. I think Pokémon are sort of immortal and don't look like aliens, except for Vaporeon, Mewtwo and Deoxys.

It was a joke.

And the Cleffa line, Elgyem line, Deoxys, Lunatone, and Solrock are confirmed to at least exist in space.
Whether this means they came from space to Earth or Earth to space is unknown though.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Let's go onto something new but I don't really get why the Oddish evolutionary line can learn Dazzling Gleam. Probably has a connection with night and the moon, right?

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Let's go onto something new but I don't really get why the Oddish evolutionary line can learn Dazzling Gleam. Probably has a connection with night and the moon, right?

They're explocitly stated to be Nocturnal and have lunar connections.

HM02gon

Waiting...
Set of troll keys.
Sword.
Pile of trash.
Pile of slime.
Metallic magma thing.
Floating cloud spirits.
Cell.
Possessed Balloon.
Sarcophagus.
Rock.
Bigger rock.
All have genders.

Starfish.
Girly singing creature.
Diamond princess.
Sword deer.
Cute floating emotion pixies.
Elemental birds.
Elemental dogs.
Genderless.

^Most of the legendaries are genderless.

With the exceptions of:
The Eon duo
Heatran
Thundurus/Tornadus/Landorus
Cresselia

Last edited:

Ascended Dialga

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
^I think most legendaries, with the exceptions of the Eon duo and Heatran(?), are genderless.

You forgot Tornadus, Thundurus and Landorus which are all male. Also Cresselia is a female.

What doesn't make sense: Genesect is a Bug/Steel and it can use Flame Charge when it is very weak to fire types.

You forgot Tornadus, Thundurus and Landorus which are all male. Also Cresselia is a female.

What doesn't make sense: Genesect is a Bug/Steel and it can use Flame Charge when it is very weak to fire types.

Ah yes, so I did.
Last post was edited with these ones. :)

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.

Yes and Rhyperior can use Surf and Hoopa can use Shadow Ball and Probopass can use Earth Power.

Not sure why Pokémon doubly weak to a Type should be unable to use a Move of that Type.

Even with Flame Charge. Coating yourself in your own flames probably lets Genesect's skin/armor resist flames for a short period of time or something

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
Set of troll keys.
Sword.
Pile of trash.
Pile of slime.
Metallic magma thing.
Floating cloud spirits.
Cell.
Possessed Balloon.
Sarcophagus.
Rock.
Bigger rock.
All have genders.

Starfish.
Girly singing creature.
Diamond princess.
Sword deer.
Cute floating emotion pixies.
Elemental birds.
Elemental dogs.
Genderless.

I'm not sure I follow what doesn't make sense.