1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Things in the Pokémon world which just don't make sense (by pokémon standards)

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Doomsdaytreecko, Jan 30, 2012.

1. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

Looker's police detective agency exists in a world with apparently no government

RedBlastoise likes this.
  2. Bguy7

Bguy7 Team Rocket Member, Speaking Officially

Who says there's no government? Just because we don't see them, doesn't mean they don't exist. Nothing in Pokémon, whether it be games, anime, or otherwise, has ever implied that there's no government in the Pokémon World.

NeedsAName and wolf jani like this.
  3. wolf jani

wolf jani The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts

And there is confirmed to be a government since there's a government building in Hau'oli city. It'd called the Hau'oli city hall.

TwilightBlade and NeedsAName like this.
  4. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

While that doesn't necessarily bother me since I'm sure there's a government system in the Pokemon World that we just don't see in the games, I've always found it frustrating that Handsome (Looker) doesn't really do that much to stop villains himself. He pretty much relies on us to get his assignments done: he's almost as inessential as Junsa (Jenny) from the Pokemon anime.

5. Bguy7

It's not really a matter of Looker relying on anyone to do his job for him, so much as it the player just getting it done first. Really, the only reason the player character is so important to the plot of Pokémon games is that they're at the right place at the right time. If the player wasn't there to stumble in the way of the villains' plans, then Looker, and other police, would likely be doing much more.

NeedsAName and wolf jani like this.
  6. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

The police are extraordinarily incompetent if every time some no name kid has to stop the evil team because "muh protagonist status"

NeedsAName and Leonhart like this.
  7. Bguy7

Not necessarily. Aside from Team Skull and Team Yell, who don't really have any evil schemes to stop anyways, the evil teams are above the scope that ordinary police are trained to handle. It takes more than ordinary police to take down a powerful, wide-spread, cult-like organization with both plans and the means to destroy/takeover/change the world. Not being able to stop them doesn't make the police incompetent.

8. Luthor

Luthor Well-Known Member

I keep burning fire types in Pokemon masters using will o wisp.....somehow.

TwilightBlade and NeedsAName like this.