• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things in the Pokémon world which just don't make sense (by pokémon standards)

Wolf Prince

Lycan Seraph
i want to point out thanks to the post above, how can Golurk fly in the anime and not in the game?
Also it seems leftovers really last forever, and why is it that pokemon don't get fat? i mean they eat alot of leftovers, milk, berries, etc. And they stay fit for their spieces of pokemon.

J-star

Dynamic Entry!
^ Yeah it can learn fly.

how do the pokemon hear what the trainers tell them while it's still in the pokeball
ex: in pokemon black the movie that lady with the golurk said ''Golurk stop Zekrom!'' AFTER she said that she let Golurk out of the pokeball,Golurk then flew after Zekrom.

This something I've always wondered too. Especially when they congratulate the pokemon when they are inside the pokeball after a battle.

foxx

why wouldnt they hear it? its incomparable to any technology we have to say it doesnt make sense. the whole pokeball makes no sense.

Scaldaver

Limitless
Why are unconcious Pokemon uncatchable?

Trainer: FInally, after hours of attacking this Groudon, Its finally weak enough to catch. Use Tackle _____!

_____ Used Tackle!

Groudon faints, and dissolves into a pool of nothingness.

Trainer: o_O

foxx

Trainer: FInally, after hours of attacking this Groudon, Its finally weak enough to catch. Use Tackle _____!

_____ Used Tackle!

Yeah outside of game mechanics reasoning its kind of stupid

Claus351

Shiny hunter :)
Here, let me cram your skelital sysem into a puny ball one tenth the size of your body, then put the ball in a computer (?!?!) until i need you next.

HOW DO YOU PUT SO MANY POKEBALLS IN A COMPUTER?XD

Zekromaster826

Casual Shiny Hunter
Here, let me cram your skelital sysem into a puny ball one tenth the size of your body, then put the ball in a computer (?!?!) until i need you next.

Exactly I agree with that.

PsiOmega

An old soul

The same way a tiny disk can teach a Pokemon a move without any way of getting the information off of the disk into the Pokemon's brain, and then disintegrates into nothingness. And how those mechanics only applied to TMs until Gen 5. And how Pokemon can only learn 4 moves.

pikapop

Pika hugger ❤
If they forget bite? How are they gonna eat?

[ACE] Zero

Just Sayin..

The Pokemon is transformed into an energy upon entry in the Ball, that's what the Red Flash you see when a capture is iniciated.

magikrap

Typhlosion Trainer
How come when you hatch a Kangaskhan, it automatically has another baby Kangaskhan in its pouch (which never ever grows up)... where does it even come from? That's like a Kangaskhan inside a Kangaskhan inside a Kangaskhan.

PsiOmega

An old soul
How come when you hatch a Kangaskhan, it automatically has another baby Kangaskhan in its pouch (which never ever grows up)... where does it even come from? That's like a Kangaskhan inside a Kangaskhan inside a Kangaskhan.

Maybe.. no, wait, that defies physics. OH! I GOT IT!! It's Nintendo Logic.

Moonlight_Tails

Nocturnal Trainer
I'm sure this has been asked before but why are there 2 odd keystones in Diamond Pearl and Platinum? A guy by the berry master's house gives you one and there's a hidden one in the trees by the water in twinleaf town (dowsing machine)

Last edited:
You can get multiple Odd Keystones in the underground as well. And, iirc, there is another Odd Keystone somewhere down by the Pal Park, although I may be mistaken.

Moonlight_Tails

Nocturnal Trainer
If Pokemon were real, I could never keep all the pokemon I caught cooped up in their balls on a computer. I'd have to have some where they could be outside like Ash's pokemon @ Professor Oak's. I'd Prolly keep my lead one out of it's ball too, like in HG/SS.

_____ Used Tackle!

If it were possible to catch Pokemon after knocking them out in the games, literally all you would have to do it knock it out, and the. Throw pokeballs at your leisure until one caught it, assuming the first didn't, as a wild Pokemon would have no way of healing itself. By making it unable to be caught once it's knocked out, it makes it much harder to obtain a pokemon, since you have to keep it from fainting.

Flame Mistress

How come Alakazam, a Pokémon with an IQ of 5000, enough to match that of a super computer, can only learn four moves at a time?