• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things in the Pokémon world which just don't make sense (by pokémon standards)

Chidori__O

What's crazy is the fact that a tiny pokemon like squrtile can use Hydro Pump like 5000 times and still have water left in its body.

pacack825

A meowing duck.
Okay, then. The Magical Space Llama known as Arceus created the universe, as in, existence, Dialga created the flow of time, Palkia created the other three dimentions, Girantina created Super-Physics-Screw-Land, the lake sprites created spirit, Groudon and Kyogre were living on some random floating space rock, and Kyogre created the sea while Groudon fought for occasional bits of land and Rayquaza kept them in check, Regigigas moved this land around to form the continents with the help of the other golems, and Manaphy ruled Kyogres domain and gave birth to a bunch of Phione, Shaymin planted flowers everywhere, the legendary birds created seasons, Mew evolved into everything, Celebi time traveled and was generally a bad*ss, the legendary dogs/cats/gerbils got caught in a fire and had to be saved by Lugia and Ho-oh, Tornadus and thunderous pissed people off with crappy weather, Landourous helped out farmers, Jirachi granted some people wishes, the Lunar Duo made people have dreams, Kyurem split into new Kyurem, Zekrom, and Reshiram after founding Unova, Heatran did... something, I guess, Victini demonstrated its incredible luck by getting locked in a tower, the muscateers... also did something, Meloetta danced around and stuff, the Latis presumably helped Heatran and the muscateers in their stuff-doing, Mewtwo and Genesect got scienced into existance, and Deoxys showed up from space. That, my friends, is the history of the Pokemon world. The end.

This is one of the most brilliant things I have ever read. :p

Treecko's Awesomeness

Treecko is claimed!
This is one of the most brilliant things I have ever read. :p

If you'll notice, it uses every legendary out there. Also Phione. Regardless, I plan to keep a link to this post and give it to anyone who asks about the history of the legends.

Cutty

Forever now
If you'll notice, it uses every legendary out there. Also Phione. Regardless, I plan to keep a link to this post and give it to anyone who asks about the history of the legends.
It really is an awesome theory. :)
What's crazy is the fact that a tiny pokemon like squrtile can use Hydro Pump like 5000 times and still have water left in its body.

Its pp only like 5 and not always accurate.

Ver-mont

I don't know. Not all legendaries must have done something significant to the world to be deemed legendaries, some of them are treated as such simply because they're astonishingly powerful and mysterious or have unique powers or whatever, nor they need to create things (the birds didn't create anything, the lunar duo didn't create dreams, they just have the ability to manipulate them). And they certainly don't have to be all related. Hell, some legends don't even need to be true.

I think Gen V was a nice return to the basic with a set of mascots that aren't full-fledged creator deities, or titans, or something like that.

On a side note, what the Musketeers did was waging war against abusive humans by themselves in order to protect wild Pokémon and their natural habitat.

Last edited:

Treecko's Awesomeness

Treecko is claimed!
I don't know. Not all legendaries must have done something significant to the world to be deemed legendaries, some of them are treated as such simply because they're astonishingly powerful and mysterious or have unique powers or whatever, nor they need to create things (the birds didn't create anything, the lunar duo didn't create dreams, they just have the ability to manipulate them). And they certainly don't have to be all related. Hell, some legends don't even need to be true.

I think Gen V was a nice return to the basic with a set of mascots that aren't full-fledged creator deities, or titans, or something like that.

On a side note, what the Musketeers did was waging war against abusive humans by themselves in order to protect wild Pokémon and their natural habitat.

It's stated several times that the birds influence the seasons, although they may not have created them. I knew that about the lunar duo, I just didn't phrase it well. They caused specific dreams in people, even if these people had dreams already. And sorry, I forgot about the musketeers' war.

Luthor

It's stated several times that the birds influence the seasons, although they may not have created them. I knew that about the lunar duo, I just didn't phrase it well. They caused specific dreams in people, even if these people had dreams already. And sorry, I forgot about the musketeers' war.

overall it was a good summary a few extras just for reference heatran went to live in volcano craters,landorus helps crops.

Alli

Okay, then. The Magical Space Llama known as Arceus created the universe, as in, existence, Dialga created the flow of time, Palkia created the other three dimentions, Girantina created Super-Physics-Screw-Land, the lake sprites created spirit, Groudon and Kyogre were living on some random floating space rock, and Kyogre created the sea while Groudon fought for occasional bits of land and Rayquaza kept them in check, Regigigas moved this land around to form the continents with the help of the other golems, and Manaphy ruled Kyogres domain and gave birth to a bunch of Phione, Shaymin planted flowers everywhere, the legendary birds created seasons, Mew evolved into everything, Celebi time traveled and was generally a bad*ss, the legendary dogs/cats/gerbils got caught in a fire and had to be saved by Lugia and Ho-oh, Tornadus and thunderous pissed people off with crappy weather, Landourous helped out farmers, Jirachi granted some people wishes, the Lunar Duo made people have dreams, Kyurem split into new Kyurem, Zekrom, and Reshiram after founding Unova, Heatran did... something, I guess, Victini demonstrated its incredible luck by getting locked in a tower, the muscateers... also did something, Meloetta danced around and stuff, the Latis presumably helped Heatran and the muscateers in their stuff-doing, Mewtwo and Genesect got scienced into existance, and Deoxys showed up from space. That, my friends, is the history of the Pokemon world. The end.

You win! This post is brilliant!

Electrolled

Escaviler can fly around at high speeds...
It has 20 speed. And can't learn Fly.

Claus351

Shiny hunter :)

THIS.
If this weren't too big I'd sig that. you are epic.

EDIT: oh also I think you missed Darkrai.

Claus351

Shiny hunter :)
No, I didn't. Darkrai is part of the Lunar Duo.

Oh my bad :p

Here's a new one: Why is it the same two trucks always going at the same speed and pace and everything on skyarrow bridge? if I made teh game I would have put in traffic hours or more than one truck at a time or something. something that bothered me while mming

pacack825

A meowing duck.
Oh my bad :p

Here's a new one: Why is it the same two trucks always going at the same speed and pace and everything on skyarrow bridge? if I made teh game I would have put in traffic hours or more than one truck at a time or something. something that bothered me while mming

Very accurate speed limits.

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~

LOL at the Heatran part. I wish we could favorite posts because this would be one that I would favorite. :)

Silverfang11

AoT Obsessed
okay, then. The magical space llama known as arceus created the universe, as in, existence, dialga created the flow of time, palkia created the other three dimentions, girantina created super-physics-screw-land, the lake sprites created spirit, groudon and kyogre were living on some random floating space rock, and kyogre created the sea while groudon fought for occasional bits of land and rayquaza kept them in check, regigigas moved this land around to form the continents with the help of the other golems, and manaphy ruled kyogres domain and gave birth to a bunch of phione, shaymin planted flowers everywhere, the legendary birds created seasons, mew evolved into everything, celebi time traveled and was generally a bad*ss, the legendary dogs/cats/gerbils got caught in a fire and had to be saved by lugia and ho-oh, tornadus and thunderous pissed people off with crappy weather, landourous helped out farmers, jirachi granted some people wishes, the lunar duo made people have dreams, kyurem split into new kyurem, zekrom, and reshiram after founding unova, heatran did... Something, i guess, victini demonstrated its incredible luck by getting locked in a tower, the muscateers... Also did something, meloetta danced around and stuff, the latis presumably helped heatran and the muscateers in their stuff-doing, mewtwo and genesect got scienced into existance, and deoxys showed up from space. That, my friends, is the history of the pokemon world. The end.

... Lolololol!

octoboy

I Crush Everything

In pokemon dungeon they eat apples?
And it seems like in the anime they can eat what humans eat.
Oh they eat other pokemon too.
Now that you bring up Mysterious Dungeon, I must question where they get all those gummies from. Is there a gummi factory out there somewhere? Do pokémon work the factory? This isn't even bringing into question how all these creatures' hunger can be perfectly satisfied by gelatin-based candy snacks with some fruit mixed in. Wait, what would the pokémon be getting the gelatin from to make gummies from? Are spoinks being butchered in those factories or something?

Maybe the Dungeon world isn't something which should be subject to much questioning period. Though this probably could be said about the entire pokémon world in general.