• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things in the Pokémon world which just don't make sense (by pokémon standards)

One of the biggest ones : people in the pokemon world playing gameboys(as seen in gold version)

And later on you can see kids playing DS' and gameboy advances. One even mentions saving his game. What's your point?

Jinvaani

The gym guide being in ALL 8 gyms at the same time; you can fly back and forth between them and he's always there (assuming its the same guy).

PsiOmega

An old soul
Chansey feeds it's eggs to people to heal them. Where does it get said eggs (They're all ♀), and why would you feed your unborn children to people?

Pokemonpal7

Jungle Ninja

Ememew

Emerald Mew
Why can't your character just normally talk to people.?

Because the character is you, so you're supposed to imagine the character's end of the dialogue.

Anyway:

You cannot swim. You can only Surf on a Pokemon. Yet, while surfing you encounter "swimmer" class trainers. This wouldn't be quite so bad except for the fact that some of the swimmers will ask why you're being lazy and riding a Pokemon rather than swimming yourself.

Atratus

Antimatter Trainer
Something like Diglet battling out at sea and even underwater, fish pokemon battling out of the water. It makes no sense.

wormintheworks

If the games made sense it wouldn't be any fun would it?

The reason a lot of pokémon can't learn certain moves is because their large movepool would break competitive gaming.

The reason small bird pokémon can fly you places is so that the player doesn't have to keep a high level flying type if they don't want to. Same as any other HM.

And as mentioned by someone earlier, certain moves that sound like pokémon shouldn't have them (I think someone used sucker punch as an example?) are affected by NOA's silly translations. For example I hate how they translated "Hop" to "Splash" and then gave splash to non-water types.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
How can they say Cresselia wards off Darkrai's nightmares and is its foil? Cresselia can't even scratch Darkrai with its main attacks, and doesn't have a move or ability to help. I honestly think the poor Pokemon should've gotten an ability to counter that weakness and the move Miracle Eye.

Why is it you can capture the equivelant of GODS, and how is it no-one bats an eye(besides game mechanics).

A Bug/Flying Pokemon can't learn Fly, yet a tiny Pidgey can. How is that fair?! I could buy that it can't maintain your weight, if the same applies for small bird Pokemon

Ememew

Emerald Mew
Why is it you can capture the equivalent of GODS, and how is it no-one bats an eye(besides game mechanics).

Because they aren't really gods. Cynthia states that Dialga/Palkia were so powerful that the people of ancient Sinnoh mistook them for gods, not that they are literal gods. This likely applies to the likes of other regions' legendaries as well.

DarkCharizard2

Vae Victis
I know doduo is a flying type, but why dosen't earthquake effect it? It is standing on the ground! That makes me angry....

Gelatino95

Not a tool
How the heck does Dugtrio use Aerial Ace?

The move itself is based on a fencing technique, so it doesn't really have anything to do with flying. Lots of pokemon can use Aerial Ace that can't fly. It probably uses its talons.

I know doduo is a flying type, but why dosen't earthquake effect it? It is standing on the ground! That makes me angry....

Doduo likely has strong legs that allow it to jump up in the air for the duration of an earthquake.

Jazz14456_Plebeian

Expect Epic: CB
The professors give you their life works, yet don't your or their grandsons names