• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things in the Pokémon world which just don't make sense (by pokémon standards)

Mefista

I hate fujoshi
How can pokemon have new discovered PREvolutions...especially pokemon who are not rare and their birth is oftenly observed by people...

Nessea

Johto trainer
How is it that hydreigon has these weak looking wings but can still fly?
Also how is that ash points to a pokemon that he doesnt catch and still get info but we have to catch it in order to record the data?

Bulletproof

Self explanatory.
How is it that hydreigon has these weak looking wings but can still fly?
Also how is that ash points to a pokemon that he doesnt catch and still get info but we have to catch it in order to record the data?

Hydreigon's ability is levitate isn't it?
For the second part, i guess its just to move along the anime. For that , latter, if ash only has to see the Pokemon to acquire data, doesn't that mean the Pokedex already has all the information needed & Oak is just sending us on a wild goose chase.

Nessea

Johto trainer
Hydreigon's ability is levitate isn't it?
For the second part, i guess its just to move along the anime. For that , latter, if ash only has to see the Pokemon to acquire data, doesn't that mean the Pokedex already has all the information needed & Oak is just sending us on a wild goose chase.

Yes, it does have the ability.

3D992

The Living Hologram
The whole "Mewtwo is the most powerful pokemon" craze. Then comes out Arceus, and the other creation trio... Mewtwo obviously isnt the most powerful. Sure, Arceus nearly died in the movie. Then again, so did Mewtwo.

Plus, Professor Oak says he's been to Unova a long time ago, however in seaon one Ash is told there are only 100 something pokemon...

Ash Ketchum!

Pokemon Trainer
Plus, Professor Oak says he's been to Unova a long time ago, however in seaon one Ash is told there are only 100 something pokemon...

Because at the time there was only 151 Pokemon. Nowadays you are supposed to assume there are more and that Oak did visit the Unova region.

The whole "Mewtwo is the most powerful pokemon" craze. Then comes out Arceus, and the other creation trio... Mewtwo obviously isnt the most powerful. Sure, Arceus nearly died in the movie. Then again, so did Mewtwo.

In Gen 1, Psychic Pokemon were overpowered, so technically Mewtwo was pretty strong. The newer stuff usually contradicts the older stuff. This is similar to Arceus being the first Pokemon, while Mew is the Ancestor of all Pokemon.

Last edited:

LunarEchoes

The Game

Oak must really be forgetful; after all this is the guy who forgets his own grandson's name in the games :p "Unova region? Oh yes, I've been there before! Come to think of it, there were a LOT of different Pokemon..."

LunarEchoes

The Game
Random people giving you items.

Especially random people giving you items after you bust into their homes, and then when some of these items happen to be really valuable (HM's)

Same goes for random people giving you Pokemon (Shuckle, the egg that always ends up being a Togepi)

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Also: Those men that always stop you. Like Appricorn-Guy in HG/SS
Random people. complete strangers. Stop you and give you Items.

Honeyichigo

The manliest

That's because the Pokedex is used as an excuse to encourage the player to catch 'em all in the games. No such excuse is needed in the anime, so they just changed the Pokedex from a device that records info to a device that stores it. And at any rate the anime focuses a lot more on the Pokemon as living beings, so to have Ash capture a bunch of them just to stick them in storage just for the 'dex would seem rather cruel.

The bigger fridge logic here is why Oak has apparently been studying Pokemon for years but the 'dexes are still blank. But again, excuse plot.

Stay Gold

BattleSubway Trainer
One thing that I find funny is the inescapable people who run up and battle you the moment you cross their apparently paralyzing line of sight. How are they able to stop you from walking and freeze you in your place? Honestly, if someone ran up to me like that, I'd use my pokemon to attack them rather than their pokemon.

LunarEchoes

The Game
Kind of dumb but I never quite got why you only get the guards in FR/LG to open the roads by giving them the Tea, and I always only realize this AFTER I stock up on Soda Pop/Lemonade/Fresh Water, forgetting about the Tea

Jonah the Slaking

Couch-bound Warrior
I don't understand why two martial artists stand right across from each other and tell you after they teach you their move to "leave before the [other guy] sees you." He's RIGHT THERE. He sees you.

LunarEchoes

The Game
I don't understand why two martial artists stand right across from each other and tell you after they teach you their move to "leave before the [other guy] sees you." He's RIGHT THERE. He sees you.

He's too into his martial arts practicing to notice :p Idk. lol.

Why can you not use VS Seeker indoors/in dungeons? And why, really, does it require recharging the battery?

How can a Pokemon flee when it's frozen??? I'm chasing Zapdos in Platinum, low health, frozen, and it flees.

Certain Pokemon's types - only gonna go with the two I'm thinking of; why Jirachi is part steel and why Lugia is part psychic. I mean Flying/Water or Flying/Dragon would make MUCH more sense, IMO, given that Lugia is guardian of the seas and technically a pseudo-dragon. The only logical aspect of the Psychic type is his telepathy in the movie, but considering how like half of all legendaries speak anyway (including ones that aren't Psychic, like the fake Entei and non-legendaries like Zorua)...

Last edited:

Kacho

You are next.
How does Roselia/Roserade eats? their hands are flowers!
I mean, budew can still eat by putting its mouth on the food...