• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things in the Pokémon world which just don't make sense (by pokémon standards)

Honeyichigo

The manliest
How does Roselia/Roserade eats? their hands are flowers!
I mean, budew can still eat by putting its mouth on the food...

Presumably they put their mouth to the food like Budew. Either that, or there're fingers hidden in their hand-roses.

Coey890

Optimistic Geek
Zangoose can't learn cut, but guess what?

Diglett, yes, the little brown lump thing, can learn cut. Maybe it just has a drill or something underneath it?

But still, even Tentacool and Driftloon can learn cut, which is even more weird. Though Tentacool could melt it with acid, and Driftloon could wrap it's strings around the tree and rip it out of the ground.

But if that's true, then how come Grimer and Pidgeot can't learn cut?

I'm going to stop arguing with myself, because I'll probably go forever if I keep going. :p

Lucariolover22

Aura Master
Nurse Joy wants to see you again when you stop by to heal your pokes? Ever since I saw a picture about it, I never took it the same way again.

Coey890

Optimistic Geek
Nurse Joy wants to see you again when you stop by to heal your pokes? Ever since I saw a picture about it, I never took it the same way again.

See probably doesn't mean she enjoys seeing hurt Pokemon, she actually truly wants to see you again. Think of it, a 10 year old could easily get killed in the wild. She wants you to stay alive and not get killed, and seeing somebody is usually a sure way of making sure they okay. :)

But she refers to herself as "We", is she some sort of monster composed of multiple beings? But it's obvious she's actually referring to "We" as in the Pokemon Center workers, and she usually has a Chansey\Audino right there.

And here's something else for everyone, I just remembered about it and thought it would fit in this thread. I'm sorry if it's been posted before. :\

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Also: Those men that always stop you. Like Appricorn-Guy in HG/SS
Random people. complete strangers. Stop you and give you Items.

How about those who stop you from getting where you need to go, just standing there and pushing you back when you want to move on the next town. Yeah because in real life if a complete stranger did that, he wouldn't be a bloody pulp lying on the ground (Not saying I would do it, but someone would. If it were me I would just walk by and tell them to grow up. No I don't care if there are footprints you want to preserve or whatever, I can easily sidestep it without destroying it unlike your clunky big feet. No drunk old man, I don't give a crap if your daughter next to you is too stupid to get you inside (I think that's what happens with the old man in Viridian City of R/B/Y). Dude I don't care if you think I can't handle Pokemon in the next route or want to see my gym badge, I can easily trade an lv100 Pokemon over and completely annihilate you in seconds, and I am talking terms of Kyogre, Articuno, Mewtwo etc way. No Saffron guards I really don't give a flying crap if you are thirsty, stop being an jerk and let me through, or my Mewtwo, Zapdos, Moltres etc can obliterate Saffron City in a mere few minutes. No Team Magma/Aqua, you think I am scared of you because you are sitting around? I am the Champion of Kanto, Johto and on my way to Hoenn, you think I can't easily get my old Pokemon and destroy you?

That brings up something else, if you can't get pass because the Saffron guards are thirsty or there's some stupid blackout, or some fossil how the hell does anyone get pass them? Your rivals seem to manage fine before you, and so does anyone else.

DarthMoogle

Forum-Moogle
Hrmmmm...how about the fact that, even under attack from Team Rocket, people still leave their doors unlocked?

Qmaz246

Disney Trainer
I would think that getting up a ledge would be easy, if they were to big to climb up, why would you jump down them in the first place?

Scaldaver

Limitless
Team aqua are obviously hardened pirates....... Then again, take out their pokemon and they, grown men, run from u, a ten year old...

In RSE, The world is leterally ending, there is rain and drought that threatens to kill everyone, but people still utter their mindless phrases

Schade

Metallic Wonder
You can breathe forever while Diving.
And throw your pokemon out of its pokeball in a battle, when it is that pokemon you are surfing on

Morty05

Ghost-type trainer
when you fly while you are surfing you leave that pokemon behind.. yet when you arrive it is still in the party.

Diglett can use Scratch 'o_O

Stay Gold

BattleSubway Trainer
Why do so many people swim in Tentacruel infested water? Honestly, the thought of the ominous shadow of a tentacruel approaching from the deep... *shudders*

ConfusedEevee

Time Gear Thief
I'm pretty sure someone posted this before, but how can a gastly be blown away in the wind?

ToedAndTrue

Frog Trainer(Ribbit)
Team aqua are obviously hardened pirates....... Then again, take out their pokemon and they, grown men, run from u, a ten year old...

In RSE, The world is leterally ending, there is rain and drought that threatens to kill everyone, but people still utter their mindless phrases

Think: After you defeat their form of defense, here's why they surrender: After you defeat their Carvannahs or however it's spelled, who do you think your Sceptile's next target is?

Zach74

Haunters gonna haunt
Think: After you defeat their form of defense, here's why they surrender: After you defeat their Carvannahs or however it's spelled, who do you think your Sceptile's next target is?

That's why if you tie with them, you lose anyway. With nothing to protect you from the large-armed baddie men, life is not ok.

coolminun

Banned
The surfing and flying thing in rse worried me as a kid. I thought I left my wailmer behind the first time it happened. I was so relieved to check my party and see it there. *phew lol

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
Zangoose can't learn Cut.

You walk into someone's house uninvited and they do nothing.