• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things in the Pokémon world which just don't make sense (by pokémon standards)

xst33vox

Merchant Of Death

TheDarkDragons

Mega Blastoise
1-We need to use an hm to cut trees when we simply cannot just hop over them.

2-Earthquake doesn't hit the trainers.

3-Why we need a pokemon to surf when the trainer can do it him or herself?(Possibly can't swim?)

4-To learn a tm; trainers must inject a "disk" into a pokemon somewhere.Where could that somewhere be?

5-Pidgey and Zubat can learn fly, however Scyther, Gyrados, and Emolga cannot.

(and many more)

1.You hop over trees as big as you 0_o? Also, I was just saying how Slash, basicly Cut with higher power, and Flamethrower, a blatant fire attack, can't get rid of a tree.
2.Makes me wonder, a) Can a Pokemon control the radius of EQ, and b) won't a trainer get water splashed on them from surf?
3.Cuz It's REAAAAAALLLYY TIRING. I'd like to see you swim across a cold sea. Pokemon, on the other hand, have higher stamina and are better adapted.
4.It is put on a Pokemon's forehead. Play FRLG sometime, you'll see.
5.I suppose it is because Gyarados has no wings, Emolga merely glides, and Scyther...There's really not a good explanation.
EDIT:Maybe it's wings are to small?

TheDarkDragons

Mega Blastoise
Why the grass comes back in Red/Blue. My friend would always ask that question.

ShinyLord

Shiny Hunter
1. Dig can be used whilst surfing and dive can be used on land.

2. Playable character in RSE and BW can survive indefinitely underwater without the apparent need to breath :eek:

TheDarkDragons

Mega Blastoise
1. The Pokemon can make water/ dirt? Besides, the only time location matters is with Nature Power.

2. Portable oxygen tanks?

Gelatino95

Not a tool
Apparently Exploud can breathe continuously because its respiratory system is connected to several parts of its body; its mouth, the pipes on its head, and the pipes on its tail. However, humans can breathe because of the force caused by their diaphragm expanding and contracting the lungs, forcing air through a single opening. If Exploud uses multiple openings to breathe at once, inhaling on one end and exhaling on the other, where does the force come from?

-Gummi~Llamas-

Odorokubeki!
If you are battling N or Gethsis(Sorry for not spelling it correctly!) or another boss of that kind, if you lose to them, all they do is stay in place until you beat them. Like they won't go ahead and put there plan in action. Why wouldn't they move after beating you?

Hidden Power

If you are battling N or Gethsis(Sorry for not spelling it correctly!) or another boss of that kind, if you lose to them, all they do is stay in place until you beat them. Like they won't go ahead and put there plan in action. Why wouldn't they move after beating you?

Erm, this applies to pretty much EVERY game out there. You get a game over of some sort, come back to where you last saved and try again. There's isn't going to be any serious consequences just because you can't beat Sephiroth or save Princess Peach, yea?

Last edited:

TuGaWaR 545

The Orderly Destroye
Diglet... What is it's body?

Attachments

• aa7dafdd774ca196dee0298f538866d7.jpg
    aa7dafdd774ca196dee0298f538866d7.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
When Gen 5 came out, the two main things that I didn't get was the fact that Shedinja can learn Final Gambit, and Rotom-S has levitate. People also say Limber Stunfisk is redundant, but if Stunfisk was using one of its other abilities, it could still get paralyzed by stun spore.

DucksGoMooful

Evergreen tail?
no, I'll say Archen and its evolution is much more closer related to Aerodactly then Zubat ( considering they both are fossil pokemon and has same typing.) what do Zubat and Areodactyl have beside same HALF-typing? NOTHING!!!

That's not even close to logical at all. That's like saying that Nincada, Ninjask, and Shedinja aren't related due to half-typing, but Nincada and Sandy Cloak Wormadam are related due to the same typing. It just doesn't make sense.

That's a Doduo.

Hidden Power

That's not even close to logical at all. That's like saying that Nincada, Ninjask, and Shedinja aren't related due to half-typing, but Nincada and Sandy Cloak Wormadam are related due to the same typing. It just doesn't make sense.

That's a Doduo.

Here's one for Dodrio.
http://www.player-two.com/2011/02/dodrio-fly/

Though I'd prefer that it doesn't fly actually. You tell me what kind of leap can bring you from one city to another?

legoslayer10

Legendary Master
Okay, maybe Doduo's 2 heads satart to spin like propellers and it just glides like a helicopter, and Dodrio grows out the feathers on the outer two heads and flaps like crazy.

ashsinnoh

Diglet... What is it's body?

It's a Dick! I mean stick. And yeah it doesn't make sense but it is based on whack-a-mole. What I don't get is how Pokemon such as Aggron, Diglet and similar Pokes be send out to battle in sea? I mean Aggron weights like...a lot. And Diglet... I don't even...

Soperman

The One and Only
Why can you fly from one side of Kanto to the other, but in HG when you want to fly from Viridian to New Bark Town (less than half of the distance) you have to go to the E4 or Victory Road first .__.

PsiOmega

An old soul
Why is it that Scyther can't learn Fly, but Pikachu can? And don't say balloons.
Btw, before anyone asks, Pikachu can use Surf because when it uses Substitute, the copy of itself repels water. By shaping the substitute into the shape of a surfboard, the Pikachu can use surf, as seen in the Pokemon Special manga.