• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things in the Pokémon world which just don't make sense (by pokémon standards)

PsiOmega

An old soul
Zangoose can't Cut. 'Nuff said.

FrozenConstellation

There for grace I go
I can never understand why Lugia can learn Hydro pump, it isnt even a water type!
and isnt Ho-oh and Ligia supposed to be polar opposites?

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
I can never understand why Lugia can learn Hydro pump, it isnt even a water type!
and isnt Ho-oh and Ligia supposed to be polar opposites?

Lugia and Hydro Pump makes perfect sense. Lugia lives at the bottom of the sea. It's called the Diving Pokemon. It's associated with sea storms and the ocean. It is Ho-oh's opposite; they used the "Golden Sky vs. Silver Sea" theme a number of times. By all rights, Lugia should be Water/Flying anyway. I'll never understand why they made it Psychic/Flying.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Lugia and Hydro Pump makes perfect sense. Lugia lives at the bottom of the sea. It's called the Diving Pokemon. It's associated with sea storms and the ocean. It is Ho-oh's opposite; they used the "Golden Sky vs. Silver Sea" theme a number of times. By all rights, Lugia should be Water/Flying anyway. I'll never understand why they made it Psychic/Flying.

Because the Psychic type is cool!

Also Water/Flying boasts a double weakness to Electric (maybe they wanted it to not suck) and then it'd have a far more distinct advantage over Ho-Oh (I can see why they would REALLY not want to do that.)

FrozenConstellation

There for grace I go

yeah, ot should be water/flying
maybe they didnt want a legend that can take 4x damage or they just dont want another gyarados.... lol

@ Shadowy Arceini
LOL what?

wolf king

Resistance is futile
Yanmega can't learn fly,but it's a Bug-Flying type.
seriously can you see that thing carrying you to the other end of sinnoh, just not gonna happen (here's where Sherlock brings up pidgey learning fly -_-).

How can a Squirtle swim around the sea with a huge human on it's shell?

how can a starly fly with a human on it's back.

Last edited:

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
seriously can you see that thing carrying you to the other end of sinnoh, just not gonna happen (here's where Sherlock brings up pidgey learning fly -_-).

Um, yes? Yanmega is freakin' huge, a good six feet long. (Its HG entry states that it's capable of carrying an adult in flight, too.)

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers

Also Water/Flying boasts a double weakness to Electric (maybe they wanted it to not suck) and then it'd have a far more distinct advantage over Ho-Oh (I can see why they would REALLY not want to do that.)

I don't think they care about advantage. They did it with Kyogre and Groudon. So what if it has a double weakness? Ho-oh already has a double weakness to Rock. And changing a Pokemon's logical type just so it won't have a weakness to something is silly. Starmie wouldn't be weak to Electric if it was part Ground-type, but they doesn't mean they should just randomly change it to Water/Ground.

xDWarrior

Shoulda been Dragon/Water

Wooper can learn Ice Punch, Shroomish can learn Focus Punch and Cryogonal and Volcarona can use Poison Jab.
Also, DUGTRIO CAN LEARN ****ING AERIAL ACE WTF

randomspot555

In the anime, Aerial Ace is little more than a REALLY fast Tackle where the user charges head first at the opponent, if that helps you picture it any better. Mostly used by Flying types, but there's been a handful of times non bird-like/flying Pokemon have used it in the anime.

xDWarrior

In the anime, Aerial Ace is little more than a REALLY fast Tackle where the user charges head first at the opponent, if that helps you picture it any better. Mostly used by Flying types, but there's been a handful of times non bird-like/flying Pokemon have used it in the anime.

But anime =/= games. I'm sure the game programmers didn't intend Aerial Ace to be a fast tackle. The name suggests the Pokemon would lash up into the air and charge the opponent all in a fast time interval.