• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things in the Pokémon world which just don't make sense (by pokémon standards)

pacack825

A meowing duck.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
That IS an interesting theory, but one would raise a question to it. If Trubbish is in Gen 5, how could it come by in Gens 1-4 and eat all the

trash if it didn't even exist?

Trubbish existed back then (in-universe), it just hadn't yet been revealed to us (out-of-universe). Or in more technical terms; Retroactive Continuity.

Poliwhirl'sMittens

Lorelei's Apprentice
The fact that Ditto can't breed with Ditto so you can't breed for right natures. Oh wait, the answer to that is: Gamefreak logic which doesn't normally have proper answers.

Here's a suggestion:

Ditto strongly resembles an amoeba, a single-celled organism with no definite shape. This may emphasize its ability to alter its cellular composition. This could also explain why Ditto is unavailable through breeding, since single-celled organisms reproduce differently from multi-cellular plants and animals. It also could partially be based on an undifferentiated cell, a cell in the body that can change into any other cell by sampling it.

That's a different idea...but two magnemite alone can't breed. Only with ditto ?.?

It is kind of weird that two genderless pokemon like Magnemite can't breed yet what do we essentially get when we pair a Magnemite with a Ditto? Magnemite+Magnemite...I guess Ditto just has special properties..He's such a pimp.

Trubbish existed back then (in-universe), it just hadn't yet been revealed to us (out-of-universe). Or in more technical terms; Retroactive Continuity.
Speaking of which, I wonder how many/which pokemon from later generations were already thought of from the start (gen 1) For example, Ho-oh being in the very first episode of the anime.

Last edited:

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Speaking of which, I wonder how many/which pokemon from later generations were already thought of from the start (gen 1) For example, Ho-oh being in the very first episode of the anime.

Well, I do know that there were originally going to be ~190 Pokemon (the remaining 39 eventually became Gen 2 Pokemon), so quite a few of them were. Also Gastrodon was designed in Gen 3 but was postponed until the Gen 4 games.

Estellise

peachy
Today I watched an episode of the Advanced Generation (The 3rd gen anime, if you didn't know.) and Munchlax, Weavile, and Lucario appeared in the intro. I'm not sure how that's possible...

How are there multiple Legendary Pokemon? Like Darkrai.
Since the Chanderlure evolution line destroys souls, why haven't they done it to their trainers? (I understand that they may like their trainer, but still :/)

Ver-mont

How are there multiple Legendary Pokemon? Like Darkrai.
Well, well, we don't know exactly whether there are multiple or not, and in case yes, exactly which Legendaries are unique and which are not. It's a sensitive matter, discussed a lot.

But take this into consideration: many of our real-world mythical creatures aren't meant to be unique. For example, the phoenix is a legendary creature, but it isn't unique.

Since the Chanderlure evolution line destroys souls, why haven't they done it to their trainers? (I understand that they may like their trainer, but still :/)

Everytime the Pokédex says "it is said to", "rumor has it", "it's believed", you'd better ignore it. Especially when it comes to Ghost-types.

lovepika

Pika The Espeon
After getting the first badge, I went back to route 22 to challenge my rival which I missed out earlier, and he only had a level 9 Squirtle and level 9 Pidgey, even though at Brock's GYM, the board had him listed that he beat Brock. I mean, with two level 9 Pokémon, one of which had a type disadvantage, and with a bad strategy? -I used Charmander against his Squirtle. And he didn't even try to use a Water-type attack, so either his strategy is really bad or his Pokémon don't know any moves that would have advantage against Brock's Pokémon, meaning he would have absolutely no chance to win.

☭Secret_Shocker☭

Regigigas tied the continents using ropes.

>Has half of its attack and speed in the first five turns in battle

Archstaraptor

Team Builder / RMT
Today I watched an episode of the Advanced Generation (The 3rd gen anime, if you didn't know.) and Munchlax, Weavile, and Lucario appeared in the intro. I'm not sure how that's possible...

There was a bunch of 4th generation pokemon released prior to the 4th Generation:I remember Gary having an Electrivire and him bragging about how amazing Sinnoh was-so Ash decided to go to Sinnoh.

Apparently Ash takes Brock's Onix on with his Pikachu and somehow defeats it with an electric move...
scratch that,somehow defeats an Onix with a pikachu.

Last edited:

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
You can use Dive When underwater! You can use Dig When on water/underwater! You can use the weather moves underwater, in a BOAT, INSIDE (I'm reffering to the Stranded Ship in RSE)

DarthGalm

You can enter when you want in a stranger's house, and he'll be so happy to see you, he will give you a gift!

You never talk, are you mute in EVERY game??

When you defeat the Champion, you are supposed to become the new champion, why doesn't that happen?

lovepika

Pika The Espeon
You never talk, are you mute in EVERY game??
I think you actually DO talk in Red.. And on other games too, except the game programmers let you assume what your character said, but you can see by their responses that your character must have said something (such as when Copycat says "What? Quit mimicking? But it's my favourite hobby!", for example.)
And whenever Nurse Joy asks you if you want to heal your Pokémon.. And whenever you buy/sell something.. You also talk. How else would they know what you want?

And in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon games, you are actually given options as to what to say. And you have pre-defined talks, too (or rather said, thoughts, such as, at the beginning of PMD Red/Blue: "Where am I? ..I feel a pleasant breeze." for example).

Why doesn't Pikachu learn Tackle?