• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things in the Pokémon world which just don't make sense (by pokémon standards)

The_UnAmerican_Idol

This... Is my Buddy.
Team Rocket doesnt use rocketships

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Team Rocket doesnt use rocketships

And Team Plasma doesn't use lightning bolts.

Nor does Team Galactic hurl galaxies at people like the Anti-Spirals (though that would only make me love them more).

The most bizarre thing here is how every pokémon can be fed berries, whether raw or processed into pokéblocks or poffins. Be they creatures without mouths, robots, biohazards personified, exoskeletons that lack internal organs, or possessed toys which can't open their mouths without dying, you can give whatever monster you like a snack of fruit-based delight which will enhance their contest performance.

I just remembered that, so many Pokemon don't have any visible mouths, and Gamefreak expects us to feed them? I'll spend about 30 minutes trying to find a Starmie's mouth. :)

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
The most bizarre thing here is how every pokémon can be fed berries, whether raw or processed into pokéblocks or poffins. Be they creatures without mouths, robots, biohazards personified, exoskeletons that lack internal organs, or possessed toys which can't open their mouths without dying, you can give whatever monster you like a snack of fruit-based delight which will enhance their contest performance.

Hmm... Perhaps those Pokemon lacking mouths can crush Pokeblocks/Poffins and absorb the nutrients into their skin? That wouldn't explain the robotic Pokemon though...

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Shaymin still knows Air Slash in land forme.

SHAYMIN IS AN AIRBENDER

It's probably just using aerokinesis. I don't think that'd be too difficult a Legendary to pull off.

lovepika

Pika The Espeon
Doduo and Dodrio can Fly.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
How there are level 7 Pidgeotto in Viridian Forest. It can be assumed that Pokémon naturally evolve when they reach a natural threshold that's dependent on the species itself (and not individual members of its species), so what makes those Viridian Forest Pidgeotto's thresholds so low?

Poliwhirl'sMittens

Lorelei's Apprentice
How there are level 7 Pidgeotto in Viridian Forest. It can be assumed that Pokémon naturally evolve when they reach a natural threshold that's dependent on the species itself (and not individual members of its species), so what makes those Viridian Forest Pidgeotto's thresholds so low?

Well, in the manga, people born in the Viridian Forest have special powers, for example the power to heal and empathize with pokemon. Although what I said has nothing to do with levels evolution, it's safe to say that the forest has mystical properties (at least in the manga).

The true answer however is that they just wanted to mimic the events of the anime and a lvl 18 pokemon would be too early on.

Last edited:

Ver-mont

I don't think we can assume to know for sure how level evolution works. Not only we have underleveled Pokémon in the wild (have you seen Volcarona, Braviary and Mandibuzz in B2W2?), many Trainers use evolved Pokémon in theoretically impossible levels. It's not as simple as we think, it seems.

randomspot555

Shaymin still knows Air Slash in land forme.

There are a couple others that know Air Slash too that aren't flying types. Levanny and Samurott (not counting Scizor since it at least evolves from a Bug/Flying). Air Slash is basically some type of slashing of arms or whatever,and that's all it takes. Just like how tons of non-Flying types can use Aerial Ace.

Cutty

Forever now

In pokemon dungeon they eat apples?
And it seems like in the anime they can eat what humans eat.
Oh they eat other pokemon too.

Claus351

Shiny hunter :)
this one eternally confused me:
Zekrom and Reshiram "created this world" right? or was it just Unova? because if I remember correctly Kyogre and Groudon ALSO "created this world" in Hoenn. or was K/G's fight more widespread and did it go everywhere, or did Zekrom and Reshiram create the world then burnt/destroyed it likke in the story WTIH k/g? Idk it seemed confusing to me. all the "this pokemon created the world" storylines never cohere.

Ver-mont

Zekrom and Reshiram "created this world" right? or was it just Unova? because if I remember correctly Kyogre and Groudon ALSO "created this world" in Hoenn. or was K/G's fight more widespread and did it go everywhere, or did Zekrom and Reshiram create the world then burnt/destroyed it likke in the story WTIH k/g? Idk it seemed confusing to me. all the "this pokemon created the world" storylines never cohere.

Reshiram and Zekrom didn't create anything. They were just the partner Pokémon of the brothers who founded Unova and then started arguing about their views on life.

Claus351

Reshiram and Zekrom didn't create anything. They were just the partner Pokémon of the brothers who founded Unova and then started arguing about their views on life.

ok..
then does that mean Kyogre and Groudon created the whole world? assuming Palkia and Dialga created time and space and this lump of rock was floating along.

Silverfang11

AoT Obsessed

And then there`s Arceus.

Ver-mont

ok..
then does that mean Kyogre and Groudon created the whole world? assuming Palkia and Dialga created time and space and this lump of rock was floating along.

If the Hoenn myths are to be believed. It's kinda like real world mythology, each civilization had their own tales about how the world came to be.

But I don't quite remember if Groudon and Kyogre were said to have "created" land and sea, or if they were just some kind of titans expanding their own territories.

Claus351

If the Hoenn myths are to be believed. It's kinda like real world mythology, each civilization had their own tales about how the world came to be.

yeah but then it turns out that the things who created it exist in each case :p I guess it makes sense it just confused me when I was a kid. *not just with zekrom reshiram since thats more recent*

Treecko's Awesomeness

Treecko is claimed!

Okay, then. The Magical Space Llama known as Arceus created the universe, as in, existence, Dialga created the flow of time, Palkia created the other three dimentions, Girantina created Super-Physics-Screw-Land, the lake sprites created spirit, Groudon and Kyogre were living on some random floating space rock, and Kyogre created the sea while Groudon fought for occasional bits of land and Rayquaza kept them in check, Regigigas moved this land around to form the continents with the help of the other golems, and Manaphy ruled Kyogres domain and gave birth to a bunch of Phione, Shaymin planted flowers everywhere, the legendary birds created seasons, Mew evolved into everything, Celebi time traveled and was generally a bad*ss, the legendary dogs/cats/gerbils got caught in a fire and had to be saved by Lugia and Ho-oh, Tornadus and thunderous pissed people off with crappy weather, Landourous helped out farmers, Jirachi granted some people wishes, the Lunar Duo made people have dreams, Kyurem split into new Kyurem, Zekrom, and Reshiram after founding Unova, Heatran did... something, I guess, Victini demonstrated its incredible luck by getting locked in a tower, the muscateers... also did something, Meloetta danced around and stuff, the Latis presumably helped Heatran and the muscateers in their stuff-doing, Mewtwo and Genesect got scienced into existance, and Deoxys showed up from space. That, my friends, is the history of the Pokemon world. The end.

Last edited: