• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things in the Pokémon world which just don't make sense (by pokémon standards)

Poetry

Dancing Mad
Our world isn't centered around anything; it just looks that way because we're the dominant species. In the Pokemon world, people coexist with Pokemon and have integrated them into society, so they are equally as prevalent.

It's funny that you should bring this up, there was a recent interview with Junichi Masuda which barely very much relates to this.

Masuda: We actually don’t think of the world of Pokémon as Earth. If we were to do that, we would kind of be limited by what we could do. By thinking about how physical objects work on Earth and how various elements work on Earth, we would kind of be limited to that if we though of it as Earth. We think of it as a place that is really similar to Earth, but is a different planet of its own with people in it who may be similar to people on Earth, but they have different values so they care about different things.

It’s the type of place, the Pokémon world, where problems we face on Earth just wouldn’t happen. There wouldn’t be global warming, water shortages, or anything like that. It’s a world where the people in it really want to work together with each other. Their value system is such where they would prefer to work together and eliminate these problems rather than feud.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
It's funny that you should bring this up, there was a recent interview with Junichi Masuda which barely very much relates to this.

Masuda: We actually don’t think of the world of Pokémon as Earth. If we were to do that, we would kind of be limited by what we could do. By thinking about how physical objects work on Earth and how various elements work on Earth, we would kind of be limited to that if we though of it as Earth. We think of it as a place that is really similar to Earth, but is a different planet of its own with people in it who may be similar to people on Earth, but they have different values so they care about different things.

It’s the type of place, the Pokémon world, where problems we face on Earth just wouldn’t happen. There wouldn’t be global warming, water shortages, or anything like that. It’s a world where the people in it really want to work together with each other. Their value system is such where they would prefer to work together and eliminate these problems rather than feud.

AHA! I always suspected that the Pokemon world was meant to be a utopian society! :D

where did humans come from

were humans pokemon

if so what what were they

did humans even exist in the past

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
where did humans come from

were humans pokemon

if so what what were they

did humans even exist in the past

They either came into being separately over time or they, like most Pokemon, are descended from Mew.

We know very well that they existed in the past.

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~

pfffffffft I like this a lot. Once again the pokemon world makes me jealous...I knew I wrote that line my fanfic for a reason, looks like my hunch was correct. xD

Ribemba

Garchomp Trainer
how can doduo learn fly?????????

Victinifan100

V-create Everything!
Why do pokemon only faint from using suicidal moves such as explosion?

How does diglett use scratch?

Why isn't magikarp able to learn a single tm or hm?

how do hm's and tm's work?

If abra's evolution line can learn teleport, why do they let them selfs be captured? couldn't they teleport out of the pokeball?

Ulicies

Mild Monk
How do Pokeballs work? Do they put the Pokemon to sleep while they're digitized/converted into that red energy, or are they cognizant of what's going on around them?

For some reason I imagine it being similar to the Minority Report prison, where they put the inmates under for a period of time.... o_O

Blood Red Absol

AquaMilotic's Waifu
How do Pokeballs work? Do they put the Pokemon to sleep while they're digitized/converted into that red energy, or are they cognizant of what's going on around them?

For some reason I imagine it being similar to the Minority Report prison, where they put the inmates under for a period of time.... o_O

Can people stop using this one ever 10 posts please.

My theory is it is like teleportation, that is all.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Woopers Ice Punch, Jolteons Iron Tail etc.
That does not make much sense

[img139]http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/126/0/6/DODUO_USED_FLY_by_eternalsaturn.jpg[/img139]

or

[img139]http://booru.151chan.org/_images/d8f8a33ac0af784bc30ad99c1833cbcf/1931%20-%20doduo%20electric_type%20flying_type%20mew%20normal_type%20pikachu%20psychic_type%20red.jpg[/img139]

Zachmac

Okay, I know this might blow some peoples minds...but diglett is always underground because it's a mole. And moles, as a matter of fact, have claws.

I'm sick of people asking this. Yes, you can only see it's head, but that doesn't mean it's only a head.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Why do pokemon only faint from using suicidal moves such as explosion?

Because they're not suicidal moves. The Pokemon in question just pools a ton of energy within itself and then releases it with such force that it faints itself.

With its feet, probably.

how do hm's and tm's work?

The same way "How To" videos work.

If abra's evolution line can learn teleport, why do they let them selfs be captured? couldn't they teleport out of the pokeball?

Because once they're inside of the Pokeball, they're converted into energy and are not capable of performing physical actions such as using moves.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
I actually have a theory on how TM's work

You have to take into acount the shape of the TM case, revealed in FRLG

[IMG139]http://i508.photobucket.com/albums/s323/metalflygon08/tm.png[/IMG139]

1 Push button to open Disc selection
2 Select TM disc you wish to use
3 Slot will open after TM selection is made
4 Insert Poke Ball into the open slot
5 When the Ball is all the way in it will trip a sensor that will close the slot (which doubles as a screen)
6 To start the move process click the TM back into the Case
7 The screen will now activate either a. Playing the TM teaching sequence from FRLG, or b. Bringing up a touch screen that shows the 4 current moves known by the Pokemon and which one should be forgotten.
8 After it's all done, the Poke Ball is popped out.

Toxic Nightshade

GET TO DEL TACO

Doduos are (in my eyes) based off of ostritches, and they are really fast runners. the doduo could always run, and jump, and keep jumping until they get to their destination. <-- not a good explanation, but that's how i think it works. :T

Spudnugget1

who wants to sing
I always thought the double-standard of NPC Pokemon dying and yours being immortal didn't make much sense from a worldly perspective, but from a game-play perspective I suppose it makes perfect sense.

I also thought the fact that Drowzee can't learn dream eater without a TM doesn't make any sense, but this has probably been stated a million times already.

Ver-mont

I always thought the double-standard of NPC Pokemon dying and yours being immortal didn't make much sense from a worldly perspective, but from a game-play perspective I suppose it makes perfect sense.

You have just started your journey in every game. I think it's way too early to expect any Pokémon to die.

Victinifan100

V-create Everything!

GildedScizor

The drinking bird
If you are surfing on a pokemon that you then send into battle, how on earth are you meant to stand up?