• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things in the Pokémon world which just don't make sense (by pokémon standards)

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Legendaries caught with Poke Balls.

They're still Pokemon; just because they happen to be stronger then others doesn't mean that the usual rules don't apply.

Gyarados being a water and FLYING type.

He's based off of an Eastern-style dragon, and those are generally capable of flying despite their lack of wings. Just like Rayquaza, who nobody seems to question for some reason.

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
I'm sure this has been brought up before, but why on Earth are there still no Dark-type gyms after four generations? I understand that there aren't a whole lot of Dark-types to begin with (and especially not in Johto when they were introduced), but that doesn't stop types like Ghost and Steel from getting their own gyms every other generation... :/

DucksGoMooful

Evergreen tail?
He's based off of an Eastern-style dragon, and those are generally capable of flying despite their lack of wings. Just like Rayquaza, who nobody seems to question for some reason.

Because he's legendary and he can do whatever he wants.

Zachmac

Gyarados being a water and FLYING type.
Back when Gyarados was made, it seems that they only intended for the Dragon type to be for Dragonite, since it was such a powerful type. Since Dragons were known for the ability to fly, the other pokemon like Charizard probably just got stuck with this.

Later, in generation two, they explain this by saying that what truly makes dragon types different is not simply that they're dragons, but that they are powered by life energy. I just like to assume Gyarados and Charizard don't have enough life magic to be considered full fledged dragon types.

Kyro13

Banned
I'm sure this has been brought up before, but why on Earth are there still no Dark-type gyms after four generations? I understand that there aren't a whole lot of Dark-types to begin with (and especially not in Johto when they were introduced), but that doesn't stop types like Ghost and Steel from getting their own gyms every other generation... :/

I think they need Dark type gyms, but maybe they don't want easily accessible dark types, and the Pokes a gym leader uses are generally accessible.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
I think they need Dark type gyms, but maybe they don't want easily accessible dark types, and the Pokes a gym leader uses are generally accessible.

That's not a good reason.

Dragons are not easily accessible, yet we have not just one, but two Dragon gyms anyway.

Blood Red Absol

AquaMilotic's Waifu

Purloin and Poochena are both drak types found on the 1st Route e.0

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Purloin and Poochena are both drak types found on the 1st Route e.0

Yeah, there are more than enough Dark-types now to justify a Gym, even though their prevalence compared to other types is relatively low. I just don't see a clear reason why at least one Dark Gym hasn't been introduced.

Yeah, there are more than enough Dark-types now to justify a Gym, even though their prevalence compared to other types is relatively low. I just don't see a clear reason why at least one Dark Gym hasn't been introduced.

Because Gamefreak hasn't felt like making a Dark-typed gym. There have been three Dark-type Elite Four members, however.
DIdn't they do that for Brawly's gym and Fantina's gym in Platinum?

Yes, as incentive to battle all the trainers.

gamer_legend

Yeah I'm a little confused about Mewtwo's story in the games. I mean in the Manga and Anime it's made extensively clear why it feels so much anger inside but in the games it's a little bit vague. In the games the Cinnabar Island Journels say that Mew, shortly after being a newly discovered Pokemon quickly gave birth to Mewtwo whereas it's Pokedex entries say it was genetically engineered using horrific experiments (Which seemed to have something to do with Mr Fuji) it never was a clear plot.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Yeah I'm a little confused about Mewtwo's story in the games. I mean in the Manga and Anime it's made extensively clear why it feels so much anger inside but in the games it's a little bit vague. In the games the Cinnabar Island Journels say that Mew, shortly after being a newly discovered Pokemon quickly gave birth to Mewtwo whereas it's Pokedex entries say it was genetically engineered using horrific experiments (Which seemed to have something to do with Mr Fuji) it never was a clear plot.

You're right, it never was made clear in the games. The Ruby/Sapphire PokeDex entries state that the scientists who created Mewtwo "failed to endow it with a compassionate heart," and the FireRed entry later states that Mewtwo's vicious nature is a result of experiencing years of genetic splicing and recombining.

Kyro13

Banned

Yeah, in my opinion, they should have some direct story for Mewtwo (rather than Pokedex entries and random journal entries)

I would love Team Rocket trying to use Mewtwo or something.

OMG. NEW IDEA: Mewtwo being the mascot for when Gamefreak needs another first gen remake.. Or maybe DLC (if Gamefreak ever decides to do that)