• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things in the Pokémon world which just don't make sense (by pokémon standards)

JustCallMeKing

>Looking for logic in a game where magic creatures exist.
lolreally? There are lists and lists filled with lists of things that don't make sense in Pokemon.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
lolreally? There are lists and lists filled with lists of things that don't make sense in Pokemon.

...Why not? What's exactly wrong with trying to look for logic in a game series like this? o:

JustCallMeKing

...Why not? What's exactly wrong with trying to look for logic in a game series like this? o:

My point is when you try to look for logic in something that has very little, you're going to have a very long list.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
My point is when you try to look for logic in something that has very little, you're going to have a very long list.

The actual list of "things in the Pokémon world that don't make sense" is very long, but fortunately, the vast majority of the things in it have been addressed already. :)

JustCallMeKing

The actual list of "things in the Pokémon world that don't make sense" is very long, but fortunately, the vast majority of the things in it have been addressed already. :)

It's funny, because there are over 200 pages on people ranting on all the unrealistic things in Pokemon. Point proven that trying to look for logic in this is pointless. I guess it's a good way to kill time at least.

Ver-mont

That's why we have "by Pokémon standards" in the very title of this thread, even though people love to ignore this part.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
That's why we have "by Pokémon standards" in the very title of this thread, even though people love to ignore this part.

Eh, discussion evolves (no pun intended).

And besides, if everybody adhered to that part of the thread title, there wouldn't be a list, because to people in the Pokémon universe, everything on the list would make sense to them. Whether or not they would understand those things, though, would be another question entirely.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Wait, how would you get on the island in the first place if you couldn't Surf?

I'm not talking about "voluntarily" getting stuck, as in the player having no Revives and only having a level 1 Magikarp and a level 100 fainted Finneon with Surf. I'm talking about literally getting stuck with no way of getting out no matter how strong the Pokémon that are with the player are.

You surf using the Finneon then trade the Finneon away for the Meister's Magikarp

This has been known for a long time, actually. IIRC they fixed this in Platinum, though I forgot what fix they did.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
You surf using the Finneon then trade the Finneon away for the Meister's Magikarp

This has been known for a long time, actually. IIRC they fixed this in Platinum, though I forgot what fix they did.

That's... actually a grave error. Wow. I wasn't aware of that. o:

They should've made it so that Meister had a Pokémon NPC you could talk to that would warp you to the Fight Area or something.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
On the topic of Magikarp a while back, doesn't the dragon's gate myth also have a part, where the dragon (once carp) gets turned into a sea serpent because it was to destructive as a dragon?

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.

They did? I got stuck there on my Platinum once... Must be certain versions that were fixed.

That's... actually a grave error. Wow. I wasn't aware of that. o:

They should've made it so that Meister had a Pokémon NPC you could talk to that would warp you to the Fight Area or something.

Yeah... Like the defunct Abra drom HgSS (that used to work in GSC).

Ayway. Here's one. Toxic bekng learned by all Pokémon (except Tynamo and stuff like that).

And there is a vomit theorycon it, but that is false too, as Pokémon without a mouth would not be able to do that, and Pokémon like Magnemite would most oikely not be able to produce poison anyway.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
They did? I got stuck there on my Platinum once... Must be certain versions that were fixed.

I'm actually not sure, hence "IIRC" (if I recall correctly) there :p

After checking again, turns out it wasn't fixed in Platinum. I think that's why I couldn't remember what the fix was - it's because there is no fix :p

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
I'm actually not sure, hence "IIRC" (if I recall correctly) there :p

After checking again, turns out it wasn't fixed in Platinum. I think that's why I couldn't remember what the fix was - it's because there is no fix :p

I just think that's a bad overlook on Game Freak's part. Surely, four generations into the Pokémon games, they would've caught that. :p

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
I just think that's a bad overlook on Game Freak's part. Surely, four generations into the Pokémon games, they would've caught that. :p

It really is... GAMEFREAK should have really just had download stations to resolve it :p imagine getting stuck there if you managed to get those Events... Shudder...

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
It really is... GAMEFREAK should have really just had download stations to resolve it :p imagine getting stuck there if you managed to get those Events... Shudder...

I'm still with the "GSC Pokémon League Abra in Meister's house" solution. :)

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Ralts is from the third generation.

But I'll agree that Ralts actually seems better than Abra, if only for its cuteness. :)

I know, but it is much more common in Sinnoh than it is in Hoenn, so it stands to believe Ralts is native to Sinnoh, no?