• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things in the Pokémon world which just don't make sense (by pokémon standards)

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
The fact that poison types are no longer super effective against bug types. Really whwn you think about it, we do use poisons to kill bugs.

While I agree with you in that I think Poison should be SE against Bug, a case can be made in support of the change by citing the fact that several kinds of insects are immune to their own venom.

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
The fact that poison types are no longer super effective against bug types. Really whwn you think about it, we do use poisons to kill bugs.

Bugs also become resistant to pesticides over time. =P

For the person who said about not knowing which Pokemon is in which Poke Ball, in the Adventures manga, they are transparent so you can see the Pokemon in them. Maybe it's like that?

Zachmac

Poison can also be used to kill, well, pretty much anything. Not just bugs.

By this logic, poison should be super effective against anything not immune to it.

Poison can also be used to kill, well, pretty much anything. Not just bugs.

By this logic, poison should be super effective against anything not immune to it.

Hence why the status effect "Poisoned" works on all types except Poison and Steel. :3

I think there are many topics Pokemon could expand upon. Atleast a game-canon map of all known regions would be nice...
I'd like to say something against a common answer to this question. People often say that "why don't the people just use guns". If this world evolved around having Pokemon as peoples companions that both protect and attack for the human, then there would be almost no need for fire arms. But human self-defence items such as swords or pepper spray (or in their case, Cheri Spray or something) for those without Pokemon or just for extra protection, would still exist.

I dunno, just a thought.

Pikafleg

Twenty-Six!
Bugs also become resistant to pesticides over time. =P

For the person who said about not knowing which Pokemon is in which Poke Ball, in the Adventures manga, they are transparent so you can see the Pokemon in them. Maybe it's like that?

Well in the anime it clearly isn't! Yet somehow they all know....except in the episode "snack attack" where ash twice sent out the wrong pokemon...but other than that it is flawless!

Also it is crazy how you can carry items like a bike and 3 fishing poles and up to 900 of all the smaller items in your bag.....but for the big items at least, a theory did come up on the internet that they all could be in pokeballs....but then back to the knowing what is what problem lololol :p (I choose you.....MY BIKE?! :p)

Flying Weasel

1) Why is it we can travel across the ocean nonstop on a tiny squirtle.
2) Why is every trainer only capable of seeing people that are right in front of them
3) Why are there random trainers standing around in a line waiting for people in walk in front of them.
4) Gyarados can learn fly
5) Why do parents send their 10 year olds out into a dangerous world filled with cute but deadly animals by themselves.
6) MewTwo is one of the strongest pokemon ever but it can't leave a cave because one guy is blocking the entrance.

but don't worry this link will answer the ultimate question http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs22/f/2007/325/0/8/Pokemon__Confusion_by_Erk_kun.jpg

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
5) Why do parents send their 10 year olds out into a dangerous world filled with cute but deadly animals by themselves.

Because, as has been stated in the games several times, the kids have Pokémon to protect them. Have you not noticed that every game has had the player's parents/the local professor preach to them about the dangers of entering tall grass without Pokémon of their own? Besides, it's not like their parents force them into it; the parents recognize the player's desire to see the world and acknowledge both their responsibility to handle such a task and, upon receiving a Pokémon, their safety in doing so.

6) MewTwo is one of the strongest pokemon ever but it can't leave a cave because one guy is blocking the entrance

Nobody said that Mewtwo couldn't leave. It just chooses not to. That guy is only there to prevent weak Trainers from entering.

Flying Weasel

Nobody said that Mewtwo couldn't leave. It just chooses not to. That guy is only there to prevent weak Trainers from entering.
Why? It would be so boring in there, I mean what does he do in that cave all day? Maybe there is some sort of amazing treasure in that cave that he's just trying to hide from us. But all joking aside, why does he choose to stay in that cave for the rest of his life? Also it makes you question the parents. Instead of sending their kids to school they let them go on an adventure around the world. Then again maybe they just don't like us. That would be the easiest way to avoid a college fund.

"Wait what you want to be a doctor. NOPE your going on an adventure around the world."

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Why? It would be so boring in there, I mean what does he do in that cave all day? Maybe there is some sort of amazing treasure in that cave that he's just trying to hide from us. But all joking aside, why does he choose to stay in that cave for the rest of his life?

I'm not going to begin to question the thought process of a completely non-human entity, let alone one that was genetically-engineered to be a heartless super soldier, but if I had to guess, I would say that it's because Mewtwo was created to fight, and Cerulean Cave is where you can find the strongest Pokémon in Kanto. It's similar to how, in Kyurem vs. The Swords Of Justice, Keldeo's recognition as a Sword is dependent upon his ability to combat Kyurem, who is said to be the strongest Pokémon in Unova (and, incidentally, also secludes itself within a cave).

Also it makes you question the parents. Instead of sending their kids to school they let them go on an adventure around the world. Then again maybe they just don't like us. That would be the easiest way to avoid a college fund.

"Wait what you want to be a doctor. NOPE your going on an adventure around the world."

Completely different universe, completely different morals. And like I said, it's usually the kids who want to go off on the adventure. The parents do not force them into it. As for school, it can be assumed that the player does still attend school to some capacity, or is at least home-schooled. Otherwise, there wouldn't be Trainer schools featured in-game.

Ninjask120

Loving the Bug
Alakazam uses his facial hair.
Primeape...I have no idea

Lost Lore

Diving Deep
Hmm. How you can possibly have a battle over water while Surfing, regardless of whether or not your first Pokemon would do well battling in the water or not. I can assume they could just stand on a rock or an island or something (assuming they aren't capable of aquatic battling, eg. something with bodily flames or a Rock-type) but that has to make battling awfully difficult...

And then there's the matter of if you're battling with what you're Surfing on...

Celestial Moth

Guardian of the Tree of Time
For me its the HM fly...

Ever since the first game i couldnt really get over flying on the back of a pokemon that was apparently the size of my shoe..

Jacobthepokemonfreak

Fly it all away!
Many things in Pokemon don't make sense and probably most of these have already been mentioned.

:: People relying on CUT to cut those tiny little bushes so they can pass through. I can understand if it's some prickly vine or something similar.
:: Being able to stuff your Bicycle inside your bag, and a lot of other stuff. The bag is obviously a hammerspace.
:: Flying Pokemon doesn't know how to FLY, while aquatic Pokemon not knowing how to SURF right from the start.
:: You are the train signal. Trains always wait for you.

The Bicycle/rod is fold up.

ToeyJoey

The Count