• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things in the Pokémon world which just don't make sense (by pokémon standards)

IAintObeezy

Ban this Trainer
Doduo learns Fly
Wailord learns Explosion
Pidgey, Spearow and other bird pokemon can carry you around with Fly
Aggron and Rhydon learn Surf even though they're made of heavy materials

Wailord is a blimp like pokemon. Which if im correct means hes full of hot air...

Moonlight_Tails

Nocturnal Trainer

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Cryogonal will never understand true love.

In a similar boat, I think Volcorona and Larvesta can't learn Attract, despite having a gender. Now THERE'S not understanding love.

Actually, the only Gendered Pokémon that can't learn Attract are Nincada and Ninjask, due to Shedinja being Genderless.

Actually, it just fails. It would be really overpowered if it didn't.

Masquerain gets Ice Beam, Shadow Ball, and Hydro Pump. Yeah, Surskit is part Water, but still.

It was meant because of hat, most Bus get access to Ghost Moves, and Srskit is part Water, and therefor ges a Water Moveset.

Crawdaunt, Whiscash, and Lapras can all learn Dragon Dance. All hail the mighty beast Whiscash. (It is a beast in Tier Shift though)

What Crawdaunt is based upon is known as the Dragon Shrimp in Japan, and thus it learns Dragon Dance. Catfish have elgends involving Dragons (albeit ovscure ones), and Lapras is a loch ness monster which is deemed draconic.

Anyway, Zangoose not learning Cut.

Enjolras

Master of the House
Actually, the only Gendered Pokémon that can't learn Attract are Nincada and Ninjask, due to Shedinja being Genderless.

Nope, Larvesta, Volcarona, Ferroseed, and Ferrothorn also don't learn Attract.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Nope, Larvesta, Volcarona, Ferroseed, and Ferrothorn also don't learn Attract.

Wat.

Makes little sense for them not to.

Hum, all of these odd ones (Cryogonal, Larvesta, Ferroseed) regarding Attract are in Gen V...

Maybe Gen V isn't loved?

Wooper can learn Ice Punch.

Lost Lore

Diving Deep
Growlithe (and Arcanine by relation) can learn Outrage and Close Combat. I've never understood why, honestly. Especially on the latter- does it stand up on its hind paws?

Speaking of Outrage, there's an absurd amount of Pokemon that can learn it. I get that it's supposed to be... well, an outrage, but, it's Dragon-type?

There's also Axew's line not being able to learn any elemental punches, despite having functional (if rather short) arms and being bipedal. I can understand Ice Punch, but why not at least Fire Punch?

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Flareon can't learn Fl- *shot*

On a more serious note, Reshiram, Zekrom and Kyurem can't learn Earthquake, but Sharpedo, Ekans, Snubbull, and Pineco can. WTH, Game Freak?

mackbama123

Best Trainer Ever
How come you can only carry six pokemon at a time.
How come scientists have discovered a way to shrink a fifty foot tall monster to subatomic size in a tiny poke ball but not be able to cure cancer.
How come there are no alternate races in the anime.
How come ice punch, fire punch, and electric punch are special moves in gen III and shadow ball is a physical move.
How come the creators of pokemon just randomly decided to place a friggin Pokemon God out of nowhere and just replace mewtwo as the worlds strongest pokemon.

Raasikh22

I LOVE SHINIES!!!
[/QOUTE]How come the creators of pokemon just randomly decided to place a friggin Pokemon God out of nowhere and just replace mewtwo as the worlds strongest pokemon.[/QUOTE]

You know I wonder the same exact thing. There acting like mew is garbage when before he was god. I think the only answer to this is as said before that arceus hatched from an egg that appeared randomly, and left the egg shell. Then the egg shell transformed into mew, who made friends such as pokemon in the 1st and 2nd generation. Meanwhile arceus made dialga,palkia,garintina and then uxie,mesprit,azelf who made all the 4th,5th And 3rd generation pokemon. Then humans came out of nowhere, creating pokemon and mewto, which made mew stubborn.

Here is my question. How do fainted pokemon do him moves? I have a dead braviary on the floor and I kick it till it gets up and flies me like 100 miles over the unova region, dead????

Mr. L 500

YOOM-TAH!
Probably been mentioned, but why do you black out after losing a battle? Does the other guy beat you up or somethin'?

Mr. L 500

YOOM-TAH!
Diglett and Aerial Ace. It's just weird to picture...

PolkaMan

This has happened to me recently, and it's ridiculous-why do you lose your money if you somehow get defeated by a wild Pokemon? It's not like your money's loose and bound to fall from your pockets, as your character can run or ride a bike and no money falls out. This only makes sense if you lose to a trainer, but really? Wild Pokemon?

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
How come you can only carry six pokemon at a time.

Training more than six at a time is presumably too difficult to manage.

How come scientists have discovered a way to shrink a fifty foot tall monster to subatomic size in a tiny poke ball but not be able to cure cancer.

Who says they can't cure cancer?

Also, quantum physics =/= medical science. Just because they are proficient in one field of science does not mean that they are just as proficient in all others.

How come there are no alternate races in the anime.

Define "alternate races."

How come ice punch, fire punch, and electric punch are special moves in gen III and shadow ball is a physical move.

Because the attacking properties of moves used to be determined by their type, and Fire, Water, and Electric-type moves were all classified as special moves while Ghost-type moves were classified as physical moves.

How come the creators of pokemon just randomly decided to place a friggin Pokemon God out of nowhere and just replace mewtwo as the worlds strongest pokemon.

1. Arceus isn't a "Pokémon God." It is claimed to be the creator of the Sinnoh region/Pokémon world/Pokémon universe (accounts vary), but that is not necessarily fact. At any rate, it was never once said to have a role equivalent to that of God.

2. They wanted Gen IV to have a mythological theme, and must have felt that eastern creation myths were a suitable basis for ideas.

You know I wonder the same exact thing. There acting like mew is garbage when before he was god.

1. They don't act like Mew is garbage.

2. Mew didn't used to be "God." You have your facts horrendously skewed. Mew was believed to be the genetic ancestor of all Pokémon. Not God, just the original specimen from which all other Pokémon biologically descended.

I think the only answer to this is as said before that arceus hatched from an egg that appeared randomly, and left the egg shell. Then the egg shell transformed into mew, who made friends such as pokemon in the 1st and 2nd generation. Meanwhile arceus made dialga,palkia,garintina and then uxie,mesprit,azelf who made all the 4th,5th And 3rd generation pokemon. Then humans came out of nowhere, creating pokemon and mewto, which made mew stubborn.

Or they just believed that it was the genetic ancestor of all of the Pokémon that they had discovered by that point because those were the only ones that they had access to the genes of, and really, how are some scientists in Kanto going to access the DNA of a Legendary Pokémon that lives in a parallel dimension that can only be entered from the peak of the tallest mountain in a fairly faraway region?

Or both sides are wrong and neither Arceus nor Mew are what they are believed to be.

Here is my question. How do fainted pokemon do him moves? I have a dead braviary on the floor and I kick it till it gets up and flies me like 100 miles over the unova region, dead????

Fainted Pokémon aren't dead. They simply have no more will to battle.

Last edited:

red2000

Liger Zero!!!
Slowbro/King learning Flamethrower,
Emboar Learning Scald,
Blastoise and Meganium learning Dragon Tail,
Donphan learning Seed Bomb and Ice Shard,
Infernape learning Gunk Shot

and Rayquaza learning Waterfall

BugCatcher6

I think Rattata/Ratticate learning Flame Wheel is odd. Although hearing flame wheel and seeing it in the animal, it is always like a flaming circle. The description however says the user cloaks itself in fire, so you light your Rattata on fire?

Poor lab rat.