• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things in the Pokémon world which just don't make sense (by pokémon standards)

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
don't you have to be 10 to get a Pokemon, and to officially be a trainer?

That rule only applies within the anime continuity. Such a thing was never stated in the games.

Griever789

In Black and White (I believe Black and White 2 as well) how do preschoolers have Pokemon? They're clearly between the age of 2 and 5, and don't you have to be 10 to get a Pokemon, and to officially be a trainer?

It might be your allowed to own pokemon before your ten but you have to be that age to be allowed to travel alone and enter competitions.

What about Diglett making a hole spontaneously that is large enough for you to escape a cave, as well as its magical knowledge of where the exit of the cave is?

telivisionhead

Snorlax can learn surf. How can it swim when it is asleep all the time and weighs a ton!
Snorlac would just fall asleep and sink!

supa-hero

Then the mythology based around most legends have no real basis in truth. Maybe Jirachi can't grant wishes, maybe Dialga and Palka can't control time and space, respectively, maybe Groudon and Kyogre have no control over the Earth's balance- but nobody doubts those mythologies.

In R/S/E, why didn't the major criminal teams doubt the lore provided in the Pokedex? Why didn't they look at it like it was false and not take a second glance? I think it's because the game intends for certain Pokémon to represent real world ideas, embodying them. Even if these Pokémon don't do the things they are said to do in mythology, the reason they exist is to reference real world mythology anyway. They represent these ideas, embody them, even if they are incapable of enacting them.

All this, and we still don't have a clue where these dex entries are even coming from. If they are considered canon by most players, what basis is there to automatically accept them?

The pokedex records it automatically. Pretty sure Prof. Oak tells you that in the games.

Shadow Caster

Plasma Executive
Alakazam can learn Iron Tail.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Snorlax can learn surf. How can it swim when it is asleep all the time and weighs a ton!
Snorlac would just fall asleep and sink!

Because fat people can swim.

Alakazam can only know four moves

Machamp cannot learn Mach Punch.

You can usually find some weird stuff in every Psychic's movepool, too. Ralts gets Will-o-wisp, the aforementioned Alakazam Iron Tail, etc.

Well, Will-O-Wisp are actually Ghosts, and Psychic Types often have powers over Ghosts, therefor it learning that.

Alakazam is because any Pokémon with a ail in their Evo Line pretty much learns Iron/Aqua/Dragon Tail somehow.

The Vuplix line not learning Shadow Ball or Psychic.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
What about Diglett making a hole spontaneously that is large enough for you to escape a cave, as well as its magical knowledge of where the exit of the cave is?

Someone's looking way too hard into things. If Diglett is under your control, as you are its trainer, you would think that Diglett would dig a hole however big and to wherever the trainer says to go.

Edit: I'm legitimately happy my 500th post was defending Diglett. I love correcting everyone's nonsense talk about Diglett almost as much as Endolise likes to correct those that think Arceus is God.

telivisionhead

Black Kyurem not learning Stomp. And before people say it is to heavy to jump up and stomp on another pokemon, it can fly up the drop down and stomp onto the other pokemon. Simple.
Black Kyurem needs to at least learn Ice Punch. It has a hand MADE OF ICE. So why cant it use ice punch. I can even put ice on my hand and somehow stick it there and before it melts punch someone in the face! Black Kyurem can learn dragon claw but no ice punch, this is an outrage! Black kyurem something slow can still use double team to evade attacks easier, what the.... Black kyurem can learn dragon claw,shadow claw but not ICE PUNCH. How does Black Kyurem even use flash cannon?
EDIT: Um, before I went to do something I had 500 posts, come back to see I have 491 after posting this. This has happened a few times and I lost about 20 posts recorded.... wtf.

Last edited:

Mew The Gato

You mean that spindley-wheel thing? Dunno, I didn't know there were plates on his back, unless you mean the wheel. Crazy the stuff right in front of you that you miss, eh?

Making eggs, too. He did not create Dialga, Palkia or Giratina directly in the Sinjoh Ruins Event. He created their Egg. Thus, he cannot create Pokemon; he creates Eggs instead.

The "plates" on its wheels. That refers to the extensions. Maybe it is possible to take all the plates and neatly arrange them to fit on the wheel?

Endolise likes to correct those that think Arceus is God.

Not just Endolise. Me, too.

Ayutashi

Black Kyurem not learning Stomp. And before people say it is to heavy to jump up and stomp on another pokemon, it can fly up the drop down and stomp onto the other pokemon. Simple.

Uhm. Landing on someone, even with a foot, is not exactly a Stomp. None of the Kyurem look terribly agile enough to utilize an effective Stomp. Though, I guess it has size and weight on its side...

The Light Ruler

Light of Ruin.......
Reshiram learns Fire Fang, and Zekrom learns Thunder Fang. But Kyurem can't learn Ice Fang.

Black Kyurem needs to at least learn Ice Punch. It has a hand MADE OF ICE. So why cant it use ice punch. I can even put ice on my hand and somehow stick it there and before it melts punch someone in the face! Black Kyurem can learn dragon claw but no ice punch, this is an outrage! Black kyurem something slow can still use double team to evade attacks easier, what the.... Black kyurem can learn dragon claw,shadow claw but not ICE PUNCH. How does Black Kyurem even use flash cannon?
I think that's because it wouldn't make much sense for White Kyurem to learn Ice Punch, especially since Reshiram can't learn Fire Punch (yet Reshiram can learn Dragon Claw and Shadow Claw). I think Icicle Crash would have been a better physical Ice move for Kyurem, as at least it would make sense for White Kyurem to use Icicle Crash.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Why is Lucario a Steel type? Little spikes do not make something part Steel.

My guess is that it either has a steel skeletal structure (similar to Wolverine and his adamantium skeleton), or has skin/hide that is as tough as steel.

The Hiker king

Non Sequitur
How Manaphy can breed and egg but none of the other Legendary's/Rare Pokemon can't

I think it has something to do with Manaphy being born from an egg. It was born from an egg one of the Pokemon movies.

What I don't understand is why Black Kyurem is a physical-move oriented ice type, but it doesn't learn icicle crash... and has freeze shock as it's only physical ice type move.

I think it has something to do with Manaphy being born from an egg. It was born from an egg one of the Pokemon movies.

What I don't understand is why Black Kyurem is a physical-move oriented ice type, but it doesn't learn icicle crash... and has freeze shock as it's only physical ice type move.

So was Arceus. It can't breed.

Black Kyurem has Kyurem's movepool, so go complain to regular Kyurem about it or something.

Vibrava and Levitate. It is clearly on the ground. The opposite goes for Volcorona, Venomoth, Beedril, and Dustox.

My guess is that it either has a steel skeletal structure (similar to Wolverine and his adamantium skeleton), or has skin/hide that is as tough as steel.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to remember that Lucario's name is a play on words for Orichalcum, a mythical Japanese metal. He's a steel type because he is based on this type of metal.

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
Catching Azelf in Diamond.

I know she's the being of willpower and all, but DAMN! WILL YOU GET IN THE BALL! I mean I have that thing paralyzed, in red health, and it broke out of my 70 pokéballs and 60 ultra balls while its wrecking my team with a nasty plot boosted confusion, uproar, and FUTURE SIGHT that SOMEHOW kills Dark Types

Isn't Future Sight a Psychic move!? How does it does damage to weavile! A Dark type!?