• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things in the Pokémon world which just don't make sense (by pokémon standards)

jbthedelirious

Hm speaking of the victory road trainers...most have 2-3 pokemon, how do they expect to go through the gauntlet without a full team.

Maybe those 2-3 Pokemon are in need of some extra training? But that still doesn't explain why they only have 2-3...maybe they're looking for a challenge?

Why can't you catch a fainted Pokémon? Pokémon are easier to catch the weaker they are. Nothing should be weaker than a fainted Pokémon. Is it just good sportsmanship? Red isn't going to catch the only Mewtwo in existence if it fainted? He has that much honor?

Well, maybe it's not that a fainted Pokémon is lying on its back, immobile, with its eyes turned to spiral patterns, as the anime taught me. Of course they can still use moves like Surf and Rock Smash outside of battle. So maybe the "fainted" wild Pokémon are actually running away. It might've been better if instead of saying, "The wild RATTATA fainted," it said "The wild RATTATA gave up and ran away" or something.

Maybe those 2-3 Pokemon are in need of some extra training? But that still doesn't explain why they only have 2-3...maybe they're looking for a challenge?

Maybe most Trainers do carry around teams of six, but three or four of them have usually fainted and the Trainers don't carry Revives.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Why can't you catch a fainted Pokémon? Pokémon are easier to catch the weaker they are. Nothing should be weaker than a fainted Pokémon. Is it just good sportsmanship? Red isn't going to catch the only Mewtwo in existence if it fainted? He has that much honor?

Well, maybe it's not that a fainted Pokémon is lying on its back, immobile, with its eyes turned to spiral patterns, as the anime taught me. Of course they can still use moves like Surf and Rock Smash outside of battle. So maybe the "fainted" wild Pokémon are actually running away. It might've been better if instead of saying, "The wild RATTATA fainted," it said "The wild RATTATA gave up and ran away" or something.

There could be a sort of preventive countermeasure built into Poké Balls that prevents them from working on fainted Pokémon.

EmeraldBear

TheLimeGreenUrsine!
Im sure this has been talked about before but, how in the hell does a giant whale float off the ground during battle let alone be able to move around, attack, and dodge incoming attacks.... The first time I saw wailord in pokemon colosseum I had to just facepalm at the pure wtfery haha. Also since wailord is that huge then catching him for battle in the anime would be useless considering he would only be helpful in large bodies of water which would be like...never unless you just plan on throwing your pokeball in the air and have wailord fall on the enemy completely crushing them.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Im sure this has been talked about before but, how in the hell does a giant whale float off the ground during battle let alone be able to move around, attack, and dodge incoming attacks.... The first time I saw wailord in pokemon colosseum I had to just facepalm at the pure wtfery haha. Also since wailord is that huge then catching him for battle in the anime would be useless considering he would only be helpful in large bodies of water which would be like...never unless you just plan on throwing your pokeball in the air and have wailord fall on the enemy completely crushing them.

Well, due to Wailord's mass, it is actually sipposed to float, not swim, hence why it is called the Float Whale.

Of course, that doesn't mean it makes sense, but still.

EmeraldBear

TheLimeGreenUrsine!
Well, due to Wailord's mass, it is actually sipposed to float, not swim, hence why it is called the Float Whale.

Of course, that doesn't mean it makes sense, but still.

I just looked that up and you're right they do really call it the float whale....*super facepalm*. If I was ever in a pokemon battle inside the anime I would literally crap myself if a gigantic flying whale suddenly came out of their pokeball.

Mew The Gato

I just looked that up and you're right they do really call it the float whale....*super facepalm*. If I was ever in a pokemon battle inside the anime I would literally crap myself if a gigantic flying whale suddenly came out of their pokeball.

And Wailord's 3D model in Pokemon X and Y... 0_0

Griever789

Maybe most Trainers do carry around teams of six, but three or four of them have usually fainted and the Trainers don't carry Revives.

Wow no wonder they can't beat the elite four if they can't even remeber basic things like carry loads of revives....wow that be horrible cpu trainers using max revives in battle, full restores are annoying enough.

Ryukun

Tracey Sketchit fan
The newest one is in x and y...Why am I not allowed into the "Blacked out" areas of luminose, when 4 other npcs are walking in and out of it......!
Maybe the guards are blind and are paying more attention to you? Or maybe, the other NPC's are walking through there to help with the black out?
You got me...

I Like Pie!

Smile smile smile!
I'd go with the explanation that off season their doing training and other elite four seasons, and I guess while their waiting for challengers they do paper work or small time training, ect. !

Hm speaking of the victory road trainers...most have 2-3 pokemon, how do they expect to go through the gauntlet without a full team.

I am sure they have more in their PC boxes. The Pokémon they use against the main character are used only to level-up. That is, if they actually ever won against the main character.

Not sure if this has been discussed before, but what is up with Cubone? Everything I read about it says that the skull it wears is of its dead mother. But in the Origins Anime, it was wearing a skull even when its mother was alive. When my little sister noticed that and asked me for a reason, I had to say, "Maybe it's the father's skull."

Seriously Cubone... Whose skull is that?

Griever789

I am sure they have more in their PC boxes. The Pokémon they use against the main character are used only to level-up. That is, if they actually ever won against the main character.

Not sure if this has been discussed before, but what is up with Cubone? Everything I read about it says that the skull it wears is of its dead mother. But in the Origins Anime, it was wearing a skull even when its mother was alive. When my little sister noticed that and asked me for a reason, I had to say, "Maybe it's the father's skull."

Hm said this multiple times, but my favorite theory that marrowaks have high fatality rates when giving birth, usually leaving a skull for a cubone to where, but if the mother somehow lives it can craft a covering out of other pokemon's bones or minerals or something.

Hm my newest question is who are these people in the battle facilities that happen to own legendaries, I just faced against someone who had three of them. Why are they not more famous or something.

DolcheDollyPark

My question is why ash never won the pokemon league (from what I remember )

I don't understand how many legendaries became friends with him and him being so nice just leaves them be.

Smh >.<

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.

Because the Pokédex is alse.

... Not good enouhg?

Okay, en, what if the Marowak lats an egg, inside that Egg, the Baby Cubone lays another Eg, whcih hatches.

The bigger Cubone dies, and the Smaller Cbone lives and wears it's skull.

Fin.

Mew The Gato

... Not good enouhg?

Okay, en, what if the Marowak lats an egg, inside that Egg, the Baby Cubone lays another Eg, whcih hatches.

The bigger Cubone dies, and the Smaller Cbone lives and wears it's skull.

Fin.

Or simply, the answer is this:

We all know how trustworthy the Pokedex is.

Phantump

I'm under your bed.
What would happen if you were to send out the aforementioned Wailord into a room that's smaller than it?

... Ouch

Zech

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
What would happen if you were to send out the aforementioned Wailord into a room that's smaller than it?

... Ouch

1. The room will break.

2. If the room is strong enough to withstand Wailord, but Wailord still does not fit, a black hole is created.