• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things in the Pokémon world which just don't make sense (by pokémon standards)

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Or is that merely part of their bodies in some way we don't fully understand?

That's what I've always assumed (even when I was a kid, strangely enough).

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
But then does this logic not also apply to Jynx? She is a Pokémon, not a human, yet she looks human (has characteristics of a human), and she is female only because she looks like a woman. So if it applies to Jynx, why should it not apply to Pokémon like Machamp or Alakazam, since they should all by judged on the same standard.

I feel that that was a decision based more on not "upsetting" the homophobic parents (because, you know, Drag Queens will destroy the world *roll eyes*) rather than simply "it looks like a girl". I mean, Snubbul can be male, Snubbul looks like it should be a girl but it's not.

I'm glad they stopped that crap though, male Lopunny & male Gardevoir > their female version.

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
I'm wondering why some pokemon like Jynx appear to be wearing clothes. Or is that merely part of their bodies in some way we don't fully understand?

Jynx is not wearing clothes, it's part of its body.

It only looks that way.

Nixoth

Ace Trainer
MFW Heliolisk, a pokemon based off of solar power generators, can have the ability solar power, but cannot learn solarbeam :O i was disappointed when i made one for my drought team, but no solarbeam! Also zangoose still cant learn cut and aerodactyl still cant learn head smash!

Last edited:

5andman

Alakazam can also be female even though it has a beard, it isn't usual for any animal on our planet to have a beard if it's male. But the explanation for that is Alakazam is a Pokémon, so it's not meant to follow the same standards.

You just need to meet some older Italian women... I kid I kid... kinda...

Why can flying pokemon only seem to remember pokemon centers and no where else? You think at the bare minimum they could auto fly to where they were raised/caught as that has to has to cause of more distinctive memory than visiting pokemon center #9038742.

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
Why can flying pokemon only seem to remember pokemon centers and no where else? You think at the bare minimum they could auto fly to where they were raised/caught as that has to has to cause of more distinctive memory than visiting pokemon center #9038742.

It's not that they don't remember, it's the fact that the game was programmed to only fly you to Pokémon centers.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
It's not that they don't remember, it's the fact that the game was programmed to only fly you to Pokémon centers.

GF could have programmed it so that they can fly anywhere, they only needs to program a designated spot for you to land.

Now the question is, why did they not do that.

Sohryu

Be a Man!
GF could have programmed it so that they can fly anywhere, they only needs to program a designated spot for you to land.

Now the question is, why did they not do that.

I think because... GameFreak is lazy. They could have had this feature instead of that riding stuff in X/Y. It'd way cool, to be honest.

Tyrantrum

I think because... GameFreak is lazy. They could have had this feature instead of that riding stuff in X/Y. It'd way cool, to be honest.

I haven't played Y version in a while though, but I think even then you could only ride the pokemon in certain areas?

Sunset Star

The DS Gamer

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
One thing that puzzles me is the lifespan of a pokemon. Do they live as long as humans? Or do they live as long as regular animals? Sure there are some pokemon like Wartortle and Ninetales that live for a long period of time but still...

TheASC

Master of Mastering
One thing that puzzles me is the lifespan of a pokemon. Do they live as long as humans? Or do they live as long as regular animals? Sure there are some pokemon like Wartortle and Ninetales that live for a long period of time but still...
I usually assume they live around as long as humans with some notable exceptions. *coughcough*Torkoal*coughcough*

Tyrantrum

I usually assume they live around as long as humans with some notable exceptions. *coughcough*Torkoal*coughcough*

Well, there have been exceptions. Like whatever was going on with that Flabebe evolution at the end of Pokemon X/Y where it survived after 3,000 years.

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
Well, there have been exceptions. Like whatever was going on with that Flabebe evolution at the end of Pokemon X/Y where it survived after 3,000 years.

But Flotte was brought back to life from the ultimate weapon from Xerneas/Yvetal's energy giving her and AZ their longevity

Tyrantrum

How Officer Jenny's Sister in Law can look just like her, even though they are not blood related.

Tyrantrum

Wait, when was this stated? Aren't they all sisters?

I was watching one of the early episodes (I think the water flowers of Cerulean) or something. And had the captions on. I could swear I saw her say 'Sister in law' about the other Jenny.

PinkiePieFox

Team Flare Grunt
Pokemon that have clothes, but is actually their flesh... just... wut? Like gardevoir, Machoke and Jynx... just, what? I know Machoke's belt isn't its flesh but it has pants/underpants...

Nyarlathotep

Eldritch Abomination
Pokemon that have clothes, but is actually their flesh... just... wut? Like gardevoir, Machoke and Jynx... just, what? I know Machoke's belt isn't its flesh but it has pants/underpants...
I don't see the problem. Gardevoir's dress, for example, isn't really a dress, but just part of its body that happen to look like a dress. Think of it as nails [weird stuff that isn't skin, but is present on animal (including human) bodies]. I mean, we have Pokémon made of gas, steel and a lot of weird and unusual stuff, so being bothered by the fact some Pokémon's bodies have clothe-like features doesn't make much sense to me.