• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things in the Pokémon world which just don't make sense (by pokémon standards)

Griever789

That's what I figured too. Though that doesn't explain why Sap Sippers can snack on one sharp leaf/vine but not another.

Here's another odd thought. What's the limit to how many pokémon can fit in a ball? Catching exeggcute seems to involve catching six different bodies. Maybe they all are technically one pokémon, but that does raise the question of exeggutor's pokédex entry stating that a detached exeggutor head will revert to being an exeggcute, which implies each head is one exeggcute.

Even if that 'dex entry is just misleading (pokédex entries often are), there's also the case of slowbro and kangaskhan, which clearly consist of two separate pokémon that can fit into one ball. While having a dead part of a pokémon attached to a pokémon a la cubone could probably constitute as having equipment, which is confirmed to be allowed into a ball with a pokémon (alakazam, farfetch'd and machoke can bring their spoons, onions and belts into whatever ball they live in), the shellder attached to slowbro and kangaskhan's joey are clearly living beings separate from the main pokémon. Paras could be argued to be the same, as the fungi that grow on it are clearly alive and clearly separate entities from the insect. In paras's case, it's even possible that 3 separate beings can fit into one ball (though perhaps not, as the 2 mushroom caps could be part of one fungus, supported by parasect's only having one mushroom cap). And then there's vespiquen. A vespiquen's got six honeycomb cells, so likely one can carry up to 6 combee grubs at a time. And all those can fit in one ball. So there's at least one example of seven pokémon all being able to fit into a single monster ball.

So if there are cases of more than one pokémon fitting into a ball, in slowbro's case two pokémon of different species fitting into a ball, one has to question what exactly the boundaries are of how many pokémon can fit in one ball. If a slowpoke and shellder can fit in one ball, why couldn't a bouffalant with a joltik stuck to it fit in a single ball? If a kangaskhan and its joey can both fit in one ball, would shoving a psyduck into a chansey's pouch before catching the chansey let you catch both with one ball? It really does raise questions.

Hm reminds me of a funny little comic where a trainer catches a bunch of things in one pokeball and what came out was a horrible monstrosity of fused together pokemon.

Hm perhaps what pervents you from catching mulitple things is a safety device that the manufacters put into the ball, weird cases like slowbro have like exception programmed in.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Generators? Batteries?

I think this was confirmed in the 2nd anime episode which had the Centre's power to be cut shortly before the Joys got the power running again by having a bunch of pikachu operate a generator.

Hm reminds me of a funny little comic where a trainer catches a bunch of things in one pokeball and what came out was a horrible monstrosity of fused together pokemon.

Hm perhaps what pervents you from catching mulitple things is a safety device that the manufacters put into the ball, weird cases like slowbro have like exception programmed in.
Maybe, though unless using one ball for more than one pokémon would cause something bad to happen in other cases (which seems doubtful, two kangaskhan being caught in one ball doesn't appear to fuse them), that kind of sounds like artificially created demand, those greedy designers.

Last edited:

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
Maybe, though unless using one ball for more than one pokémon would cause something bad to happen in other cases (which seems doubtful, two kangaskhan being caught in one ball doesn't appear to fuse them), that kind of sounds like artificially created demand, those greedy designers.

The fact that Kangaskan has a baby in its pouch after hatching from an egg is very weird to me.

And yeah, Exeggecute fitting into a PokéBall is pretty weird as well.

That you can't drive a car in the games. Think about it. The kid's going out into the world by himself! That right there is a real life SVU case waiting to happen. Plus he's controlling these dangerous destructive monsters, and he's limited to a bike?? Does that jive with anybody here?? At the end of the game you have over $500,000. If I have that much money, I wanna buy a car! They should put a Range Rover, a Lamborghini, MayBach, and a Rolls Royce in the next game! GameFreak what's going on????

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
The fact that Kangaskan has a baby in its pouch after hatching from an egg is very weird to me.

In Japan, Kangaskhan is classified as the "Parent and Child Pokémon," which could be taken to mean that they comprise a single entity.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
That you can't drive a car in the games. Think about it. The kid's going out into the world by himself! That right there is a real life SVU case waiting to happen. Plus he's controlling these dangerous destructive monsters, and he's limited to a bike?? Does that jive with anybody here?? At the end of the game you have over $500,000. If I have that much money, I wanna buy a car! They should put a Range Rover, a Lamborghini, MayBach, and a Rolls Royce in the next game! GameFreak what's going on????

With the exception of the cars under the Skyarrow Bridge and some trucks, cars don't exist in Pokémon.

Also, why would the PC want to drive in the first place, it would unable them to functionably see Pokémon, and I would dread hopping over thin little white rails over a waterfall with a car.

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
With the exception of the cars under the Skyarrow Bridge and some trucks, cars don't exist in Pokémon.

I'm sorry but that's just plain wrong.

Cars DO exist in the Pokémon World. There aren't only a few episodes where cars are being used in the Pokémon anime, there are many of them.

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
Games=/=Animé.
I was referring to it from solely a Game-standpoint.

By that logic all towns and cities must have less than 100 people in there.

I'm sorry but the fact that limited amount of things exist within the game doesn't mean there is a limited amount of that in the Pokémon World.

A video game can't have everything that exists within the Pokémon World. And I personally think it's dumb to say few cars exist in the Pokémon World based solely on that.

ShachonianX

Spheal Lord
In Japan, Kangaskhan is classified as the "Parent and Child Pokémon," which could be taken to mean that they comprise a single entity.

The only problem with this logic is that in one of the Pikachu anime christmas specials, the baby Kangaskhan comes out of its mother's pocket. In that short the mother Kangaskhan also has motherly instincts towards its child, so the clearly are separate creatures. Game Freak, make a Kangaskhan pre-evolution ASAP to solve this madness!

WildHennaCharizard

Why drive a car when you can Fly on your Charizard or on your Skamory or any flying pokemon over 5 ft.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Celebi or Dialga don't like the current games, so they basically combine it to create a better world.

2797jake

Stunfisk... its just FLAT

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
The only problem with this logic is that in one of the Pikachu anime christmas specials, the baby Kangaskhan comes out of its mother's pocket. In that short the mother Kangaskhan also has motherly instincts towards its child, so the clearly are separate creatures. Game Freak, make a Kangaskhan pre-evolution ASAP to solve this madness!

And the only problem with that is that that is the anime.

At any rate, the parent half of the entity could just be psychologically oriented to protect the child half.

Last edited:

FieryLucario

Just a Person
OK, I just saw this post on Tumblr, and it really confuses me. Anyone who has played Mystery Dungeon remembers the purple Kecleon. Well, I always assumed he was shiny, but I came across a shiny Kecleon while online battling. The thing that doesn't make sense is where the heck did the purple Kecleon come from in PMD???

Creeper

om nom nom
It (Kecleon) can change it's body color to any color, but the stripe remains red. The stripe would be the only noticeable difference in a shiny (it's blue).

It probably just changed color.

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
OK, I just saw this post on Tumblr, and it really confuses me. Anyone who has played Mystery Dungeon remembers the purple Kecleon. Well, I always assumed he was shiny, but I came across a shiny Kecleon while online battling. The thing that doesn't make sense is where the heck did the purple Kecleon come from in PMD???

How is one species of a Pokémon of a color something that doesn't make sense? A few Pokémon like that exist in the Pokémon anime.

I don't see how that's illogical.