• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things in the Pokémon world which just don't make sense (by pokémon standards)

FlyingDewott

Sorta-Newbie.
The tree isn't your property. It's the public's. So yes, you would probably need a license or a permit to cut it down.

Me: I have a license to cut trees down! There's one! Honedge, use Fury Cutter!
Nothing happens.
Me: Then use sacred sword, boosted by Swords dance!
Nothing happens.
Me: FINE! Sunkern, cut!
Sunkern lazily goes over to the tree and uses a weak cut, which absolutely annihilates the tree.

Really though.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
You must've been playing different games than me, the only time I remember having to track down a leader until X/Y was Misty... In Gold/Silver/Crystal.

It's precisely because that the gym leaders have interests outside of Pokémon that makes it odd that they stay at the same place 24/7/365.

There are more things you can't use Cut on in the field than can, leading me to believe that it can't be used inappropriately.

Kanto:
Brock can be found in Diglett Tunnel wanting to trade his Rhyhorn for Bonsly.
Misty can be found on Cerulean Cape.
Lt. Surge can be found wanting to trade his Foreign Pikachu at the Power Plant.
Janine can be found in the Celadon Department Store arguing with Falkner, alongside being photographed in the Badge Check Gates. She can also be found in FRLG.
Sabrina is prominent in the Pokéstar Studios.
Johto:
Falkner can be found arguing with Janine.
Whitney introduces the Pokéathlon and is a competitor.
Morty is in the Burned Tower.
Janine is in the Glitter Lighthouse and competes in the Pokéathlon.
Clair has the whole Dragon Den thing.
And all of the above are disregarding the Phone Call Services, Rematches, and PWT.
Hoenn:
Wattson appears in Mauville to request help for the generator in New Mauville.
Sinnoh:
Roark appears in the Underground on the first visit.
Gardenia appears in Eterna Forest, in front of the Old Chateau.
Fantina is a contestant in Pokémon Contests, and has been stated to often visit the Lost Tower.
Maylene appears on Route 217, Snowpoint City, and the Villa, and appears in HGSS.
Crasher Wake is outside the Gym quite often in DPPt, and is also in HGSS to give Masks in the Celadon Department Store, and B2W2 on Route 18.
Byron appears on Iron Island to give an Iron Coat and some back-info.
Candice appears in the Villa and grants access to the Snowpoint Temple.
Volkner appears in the Sunyshore Lighthouse and in the Villa.
Unova:
All BW Gym Leaders except the Straiton Gym Leaders (who have a Memory Link in B2W2) appear in N's Castle.
Roxie appears multiple times in Virbank.
Marlon helps out with stuff, and so does Cheren.
Kalos:
Viola introduces the Battle Chateau.
Korrina appears in the Tower of Mastery.
Clemont appears outside the Gym, albeit briefly.
Wulfric appears in Pokémon Village.

Yet they don't.

Who is to suggest that instead of it being unable to be used inappropriately, rather than it being against the law to use it in a disappropriate manner?

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
Why are they just hanging around their gym all day?

The fact that trainers just stand around until someone battles them. Don't they have anything better to do?

Ok, here is something I need to point out.

I think making the argument that a character in a game "stands around all day" is a stupid argument to make, and here is why.

Because these characters were designed to be at that part of the game.

Also, you think characters at one spot in a game just stand there and never eat or anything like that?

They're just at one spot in the game because they are meant to be at that part of the game.

Anyone who complains about characters standing on one spot all day are thinking of them as characters who are supposed to move which doesn't work.

Mudcat

Anyone who complains about characters standing on one spot all day are thinking of them as characters who are supposed to move which doesn't work.

It worked(ish) in Gold/Silver/Crystal where you had a cell phone that particular trainers could call you on to challenge you to a rematch. That was something I felt was a good idea and had always thought that gym leaders should be able to challenge you to rematches, a wish fulfilled in X/Y.

Xenomata

MS Paint Sableye
It worked(ish) in Gold/Silver/Crystal where you had a cell phone that particular trainers could call you on to challenge you to a rematch. That was something I felt was a good idea and had always thought that gym leaders should be able to challenge you to rematches, a wish fulfilled in X/Y.

they been able to do that since Emerald...

Sunset Star

The DS Gamer
Wait WHAT?! You can rematch gym leaders in Gen 6? I did not know that.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo

Mudcat

they been able to do that since Emerald...

The point I'm trying to get at though, is that I think that the games would be more fun if that in the next generation it would focus more on your journey through [insert region here] and gave your friends, rivals, Gym Leaders, and Elite Four a more central and proactive role to the story rather than focus on whatever Team Edward/Jacob is doing (yes, I went there).

I don't think that Team [insert random word or phrase here] should be cut out entirely, but I also don't think the next game should have you character saving the region/world/universe... Again.

Only in the Battle Chateau.

And only at a certain rank.

Enjolras

Master of the House
it means physical damage like iron tail or punch moves that are directelly used in the opponent -.-

That's not true. Rock Throw is a physical move in which the Pokemon doesn't make direct contact. It physically hurts the Pokemon by hitting it with a rock. Same with Seed Bomb.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
^ That, I think we must be using two different definitions of 'physical' here. I'm thinking it means the attack uses a physical means to attack the enemy, even if it's not their body in direct contact with the other pokemon, rather than some incorporeal force.

SandeviRae

Artist/Gamer/Trainer
Arceus can learn every move but 3, while mew can learn every move but 2
why cant the god pokemon learn all the moves that HE created XD

Last edited:

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Arceus can learn every move but 3, while mew can learn every move but 2
why cant the god pokemon learn all the moves that HE created?

Because the legend is that Arceus created the universe itself, not everything in it, and because Arceus is not based on the Western monotheistic concept of an omnipotent god.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Octillery evolves from a fish
._.

Octillery evolves from a Pokémon. Remoraid may be based on a fish, but biologically, it isn't one.