• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things in the Pokémon world which just don't make sense (by pokémon standards)

Vern

Why not both?
That pokemon can avoid attacks when they are asleep.

Hitokage2

That pokemon can avoid attacks when they are asleep.

A pokemon that's asleep is like a stationary target. Poor aim can lead to the sleeping pokemon avoiding an attack. It's like when someone is trying to shoot a target with an arrow, sometimes you hit it, sometimes you don't.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
A pokemon that's asleep is like a stationary target. Poor aim can lead to the sleeping pokemon avoiding an attack. It's like when someone is trying to shoot a target with an arrow, sometimes you hit it, sometimes you don't.
I can agree with that logic.
My only problem with Sleep is that Pokemon don't wake up when hit by an attack or stay asleep for a ridiculous number of turns if kept in its pokeball. Personally, I don't believe Sleep should be the same type of status as Paralysis and Burn but rather in the same category with Confusion. It would just make more sense to me.

Vern

Why not both?

But if someone had used minimize and fallen asleep, they could still dodge a 100% accuracy move.

Akashin

But if someone had used minimize and fallen asleep, they could still dodge a 100% accuracy move.

I'm not quite getting what's weird about that. You can fail to hit a stationary target, and Minimize makes that stationary target smaller and harder to hit. Simple as that.

With that said, Pokemon retaining evasiveness granted by Double Team while asleep doesn't make sense, seeing as it relies upon rapid movement to create copies of itself. But that's gameplay mechanics for you.

I'm still at a loss at how badge names like the Cobal badge and the Fen badge have to do with a fighting (Cobal badge) and water gym (Fen badge).

What do these two words have to do with their gym type?

Akashin

I'm still at a loss at how badge names like the Cobal badge and the Fen badge have to do with a fighting (Cobal badge) and water gym (Fen badge).

What do these two words have to do with their gym type?

I've always thought the Cobble Badge was meant to be derived from cobblestone (which the appearance of the badge sort of reflects, to me), though what in particular that has to do with a Fighting Gym I'm not sure.

The Fen Badge is more obvious. A fen is a type of wetland which, coupled with Pastoria's proximity to the Great Marsh, makes the naming make perfect sense.

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
Well, cobblestones are like bricks. Smashing bricks is a way of showing off karate...

(Now, in my opinion, the Marsh and Soul badges should swap names, since the former is used for a Psychic gym and the latter Poison for some reason...)

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
(Now, in my opinion, the Marsh and Soul badges should swap names, since the former is used for a Psychic gym and the latter Poison for some reason...)

I have always thought the same thing. Always confused me back in the RBY days exactly who gave WHICH Badge.

I've always thought the Cobble Badge was meant to be derived from cobblestone (which the appearance of the badge sort of reflects, to me), though what in particular that has to do with a Fighting Gym I'm not sure.

The Fen Badge is more obvious. A fen is a type of wetland which, coupled with Pastoria's proximity to the Great Marsh, makes the naming make perfect sense.

The Fen Badge explanation I actually learned about (sort of) in a Dragonology book I'm reading right now, coincidentally.
Thanks! :)

raichu27

How would a grass pokemon be immune to the move poisonpowder on the 6th generation if grass is weak to poison?

Luthor

One thing that's confused me is Conkeldurrs weight. Either it is surprisingly light or it's concrete isn't counted.