• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things in the Pokémon world which just don't make sense (by pokémon standards)

RedJirachi

Veteran member
There's also the fact that Japanese generally have different standards about that kind of stuff. It's everywhere in the media, but you're not supposed to mention it.

True. Have you seen Dragonball? Kid's show in Japan, kind of kid's show here, has gratuitous shots of Bulma and tongue murder

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
What's wrong with Lopunny? I don't see anything wrong.

Anyway, where exactly does the Manaphy egg come from if breeding Manaphy produces only Phione?

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
I'm not sure if this qualifies, but all those trainers around Sootopolis who still challenge you to casual battles when the sky just got set on fire/this massive torrential rainstorm just started.

I can't believe that didn't fix that. lol.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Anyway, where exactly does the Manaphy egg come from if breeding Manaphy produces only Phione?

Well, I think Arceus created the Manaphy egg and made it so it can't make another Manaphy egg; instead it makes a Phione egg.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
If genderless Pokemon cannot breed together, then what form does Ditto take during mating?

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Well, I think Arceus created the Manaphy egg and made it so it can't make another Manaphy egg; instead it makes a Phione egg.

It's stated Manaphy lays Manaphy Eggs in tropical climates, and Phikne Eggs on colder climates.

Of course now with Hoenn not being like that that bit of exposition got retconned.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
How can a Butterfree not learn fly? but Zubat can .-.

Well, in reality, birds and bats are way larger than bugs. Makes sense, right?

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Ditto doesn't mate, it reproduces through proliferation...like bacteria in real life, that is just obvious

how do genderless pokemon breed in the wild?

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Someone answered pokemon like Porygon downloads itself into many copies, while others like Beldum uses magnetic power to multiply itself.

Oh yeah, they're mostly objects given life. Which just ponders the question of why they're even capable of reproducing in any way, and why an inorganic Pokemon like Carbink can have kids but an organic creature like Latias can't

Who was the patient zero of Pokerus?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~

Schade

Metallic Wonder
The move Petal Blizzard. Sure, it is a cool base power 90 Grass-type move, but it just seams so weak! I've had several Grass-Type moves with lower base power deal more damage than it, and I have no clue as of why!

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
The move Petal Blizzard. Sure, it is a cool base power 90 Grass-type move, but it just seams so weak! I've had several Grass-Type moves with lower base power deal more damage than it, and I have no clue as of why!

Wait I wasn't aware that move even existed. When was it added? In the new Hoenn games?

Well it was introduced in the current generation, I'm surprised I wasn't aware of it as I watch Pokémon battles on YouTube a lot.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer

Because Petal Blizzard is a Physical Move for some strange reason, but the majority of the Pokemon that learn have bad Physical Attack stats.

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
Because Petal Blizzard is a Physical Move for some strange reason, but the majority of the Pokemon that learn have bad Physical Attack stats.

In my opinion Golem should have at least 85 special attack, I know it would damage the charts, but look at that thing, it looks like it could cause some serious fire damage, so it should be able to do much with moves like fire blast.

This is relevant since you were talking about bad physical attack and I wanted to talk about something that's the other way around.

Tangeh

Wait I wasn't aware that move even existed. When was it added? In the new Hoenn games?

Well it was introduced in the current generation, I'm surprised I wasn't aware of it as I watch Pokémon battles on YouTube a lot.

It's gen VI yeah, but it has really poor distribution and the only pokemon that learns it that is commonly used as a physical attacker (venusaur) prefers power whip over it. It's not a bad move otherwise, really.. I feel like it might have a niche in doubles if you could get creative.

pwnswitchclik

Alakazaminator
Something I don't get is: why would anyone call Ever Grande City, a city, when all you have is just a pokemon center?