• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things in the Pokémon world which just don't make sense (by pokémon standards)

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Pokemon that are hatched or evolve whilst wearing clothes. Like Machoke.

Who says it's wearing clothes? That belt could just be its skin. How else would it get it in the wild?

Chloe Cassandra

Long time no see.
I don't understand the entries for Lucario and Lapras when it says "this Pokémon can understand human speech."

What's the difference here? What about in the anime where people talk to their Pokémon such as Ash asking Pikachu if it's okay/hurt or to use Thunderbolt and such?

It seems like every Pokémon can understand human speech, even if they just reply by their own name.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I don't understand the entries for Lucario and Lapras when it says "this Pokémon can understand human speech."

What's the difference here? What about in the anime where people talk to their Pokémon such as Ash asking Pikachu if it's okay/hurt or to use Thunderbolt and such?

It seems like every Pokémon can understand human speech, even if they just reply by their own name.

This is one of those times where the anime and the games step on each other's toes. In the end, it's really just a way for them to get across that those Pokemon are smarter than most.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

It's just flavor text, so it's not really that important imo. The anime =/= games most of the time anyway.

Akashin

You've finally got the point.

The point that you can't use the aspect of Fly that involves getting on the back of a Pokemon and go somewhere while soaring? What does that have to do with Fly's use in-battle, which is entirely unrelated?

Edit: Seriously, if I'm completely misunderstanding what this gripe is about to begin with, feel free to let me know.

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
The point that you can't use the aspect of Fly that involves getting on the back of a Pokemon and go somewhere while soaring? What does that have to do with Fly's use in-battle, which is entirely unrelated?

Edit: Seriously, if I'm completely misunderstanding what this gripe is about to begin with, feel free to let me know.

I'm done for now.

What doesn't make sense for me is that how does a Cubone hatch from an Egg wearing a skull from its dead mother?

raichu27

Why doesn't Pokemon get stung when they make physical contact at a Pokemon like Beedrill? I know people get stung when they touch bees.

Mechaheracross

Krusty krab employee
How come Jynx and Hitmonchan are the only pokemon that where clothes, and also, why do they where clothes?

Winter Breeze

formely joseph.
How come Jynx and Hitmonchan are the only pokemon that where clothes, and also, why do they where clothes?
What are you talking about? There are PLENTY of pokemon that were clothes (gardevoir, froslass, for example) and why are you asking ? They're DESIGNED that way, and not every pokemon is supposed to look like an animal.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

Who says they're wearing clothes? Seeing as wild Pokemon will have these "clothes," as well as Pokemon that have just hatched, I think it makes much more sense to just assume that they have skin that happens to look like clothes.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~

As what others had said and what I think, these Pokémon were born into it. It is similar to camouflage in the real world, but in a Pokémon sense and in this case, has absolutely nothing to do with Kecleon.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Who says they're wearing clothes? Seeing as wild Pokemon will have these "clothes," as well as Pokemon that have just hatched, I think it makes much more sense to just assume that they have skin that happens to look like clothes.

The only Pokemon I think it has officially been confirmed to wear a type of clothing would be the Sewaddle family. I mean Leavanny clearly makes clothes for itself and other Pokemon from leaves. It has been stated in the Pokedex and also shown in the ane a couple of times.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Jigglypuff using Body Slam. It looks fairly light, but a bit heavier than what you think, at 12.1 lbs (5.5kg) and is so called the 'Balloon Pokémon'.

Sutittaja

Lightning zebra
I have always wondered, why doesn't Serperior get Intimidate as abilty. I mean, it's Pokedex entries says how it intimidates other pokemons and it looks intimidating as well

Also I don't understand why Golbat, blood sucking bat, evolves with full happiness into even more vicious bat.

Winter Breeze

formely joseph.
I have always wondered, why doesn't Serperior get Intimidate as abilty. I mean, it's Pokedex entries says how it intimidates other pokemons and it looks intimidating as well

Also I don't understand why Golbat, blood sucking bat, evolves with full happiness into even more vicious bat.
Well, sereperior does get glare so...
As for golbat, they probably just did that to test the happiness system introduced in gen 2.

Ver-mont

Pokédex entries are frequently not really translated literally into the gameplay, there are numerous cases like that.
Let's just suppose it's intimidating, but not overwhelmingly or magically intimidating like some of its peers.
And it does learn Glare.

(Speaking from an out-of-universe standpoint, the ability/stat/moveset programmers are most likely not the same team who writes the Pokédex entries, thus the discrepancies. But this thread should be for in-universe things, so...)

Well, it's a vicious bat that loves you.