• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things in the Pokémon world which just don't make sense (by pokémon standards)

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
like ponyta's, a pokemon's flame doesn't hurt others that it trusts. Or so it is safe to assume

Well you also have Muk which is perfectly safe to hug in the anime even though its Dex entries have mentioned how toxic it is to touch that even plants die immediately if a Muk passes by. The dangers that some Pokémon pose are probably able to be controlled to an extent. What doesn't make much sense is why Rufflet and Braviary have to be male only. Vullaby and Mandibuzz being 100% female I sort of get because they have feminine features but Rufflet and Braviary look gender neutral.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
What doesn't make much sense is why Rufflet and Braviary have to be male only. Vullaby and Mandibuzz being 100% female I sort of get because they have feminine features but Rufflet and Braviary look gender neutral.
Rufflet and braviary appear to draw inspiration from Plains Native American warriors, which I think was a male-exclusive position. The four of them appear to be one sexually dimorphic species like tauros and miltank. Why miltank and mandibuzz weren't made capable of mothering tauros and rufflet similar to illumise with volbeat is one thing I find odd though.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
How are you able to hug a Slugma, a Pokémon solely existing out of boiling lava? Flannery did it once and she is fine. That **** should have killed her! :eek:

Think just hugging it's a problem? Magcargo is hotter than the surface of the sun, yet doesn't burn everyone alive for several feet around it. Convection, how does it work?

WorldsBestGoomy

Master of Goomies
Why is it that Doduo and Dodrio learn Fly, but not Yanmega or Scyther?

ItsMeBrandon

*at the Day Care in Hoenn's Battle Resort*

"Hey kids, can you take care of Arceus and Giratina for me? You will? Great! Thanks, kids!"

Captain Jigglypuff

How about the ridiculousness of the step limit in the Great Marsh? That made no sense at all because you mostly get stuck in the swamp and it takes time to get out. The limit in RBY and FRLG made sense because it made getting Surf and the Gold Teeth more challenging to get and also an incentive to pay to go in.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
How about the ridiculousness of the step limit in the Great Marsh? That made no sense at all because you mostly get stuck in the swamp and it takes time to get out. The limit in RBY and FRLG made sense because it made getting Surf and the Gold Teeth more challenging to get and also an incentive to pay to go in.

It's a scam to make you waste your money by paying for both time and Safari Balls

Captain Jigglypuff

I never understood why the Zubat line gets both Confuse Ray AND Supersonic. And both before level 20 too and you can literally run into wild Zubat with both of them at the same time. Why? Both do the same exact thing and it is redundant.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
I never understood why the Zubat line gets both Confuse Ray AND Supersonic. And both before level 20 too and you can literally run into wild Zubat with both of them at the same time. Why? Both do the same exact thing and it is redundant.
Well, at least since gen 3, it gives zubat a backup plan in case it runs into something soundproof? And I guess also multiplies the number of times it can potentially use a confusing attack?

*shrugs*

Luthor

I'd say Graveler's evolution into golem is something that just doesn't make sense. Golem looks so different from Geodude and Graveler that has never really made sense to me. I've always liked the design but it's never made sense to me given the drastic nature of the chage.

RedJirachi

Veteran member

To drive you insane

@ Luthor: Think of it like growing armor from more rocks

RedJirachi

Veteran member
How can Rhydon know Surf?

Luthor

@ Luthor: Think of it like growing armor from more rocks

If it was just the armor that would be one thing but it's more than that. Golem's head now protrudes from it's body . It suddenly gains sharp claws on it's hands and feet. it's eyes suddenly turn red. It loses the arms it loses two arms and the parts of it's body that are not in the armor are a different color as well. Golem is very different from it's previous state.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
How can Rhydon know Surf?

Rhydon is based on kaiju which come from the ocean if im not mistaken

If it was just the armor that would be one thing but it's more than that. Golem's head now protrudes from it's body . It suddenly gains sharp claws on it's hands and feet. it's eyes suddenly turn red. It loses the arms it loses two arms and the parts of it's body that are not in the armor are a different color as well. Golem is very different from it's previous state.

think of it as, graveler grows into a huge size and then it's body contracts as much as possible, causing his body to become extremely dense. Therefore his head slightly sticks out now from his body, his hot centre from dense compaction makes his eyes burn red with intensity, and it's hot centre changes the composition of his rocky armour that is now contracted as much as possible into his body (making those markings like a net was thrown over him and tightened his body into those buldges). That is my theory. Since he also lives in volcanoes sometimes I think that would harden his skin and change the colouring.

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Rhydon is based on kaiju which come from the ocean if im not mistaken

think of it as, graveler grows into a huge size and then it's body contracts as much as possible, causing his body to become extremely dense. Therefore his head slightly sticks out now from his body, his hot centre from dense compaction makes his eyes burn red with intensity, and it's hot centre changes the composition of his rocky armour that is now contracted as much as possible into his body (making those markings like a net was thrown over him and tightened his body into those buldges). That is my theory. Since he also lives in volcanoes sometimes I think that would harden his skin and change the colouring.

I thought it was based on a rhino