• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things in the Pokémon world which just don't make sense (by pokémon standards)

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Cosmoem doesn't get Levitate.

So Lillie's probably having a damn hard time keeping that in the bag, then...

Just because it doesn't have Levitate doesn't mean it can't float, just look at Magnemite.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Phanpy needs to get Wateer Gun. It makes sense since real life elephants spray water with their trunks.
I thought it made sense as well, I just meant it's a move nobody would bother teaching a pokémon deliberately, so some might see it as pointless to give it an option nobody would take.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Just because it doesn't have Levitate doesn't mean it can't float, just look at Magnemite.

At least Magnemite can learn a floating move.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

octoboy

I Crush Everything
I'd say cosmoem not getting levitate makes as much sense as shuppet not getting it. Shuppet clearly can float in midair, but not to the point of it affecting the battle. Same as venomoth's having wings it can pretty obviously fly with not preventing earthquake from nastily harming it since generation one.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Steelix not getting Iron Defense is pretty weird. Steelix getting Rollout as an Egg move is even weirder. I want to see a Steelix use Rollout in the anime, like wtf

xerxes

ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ
Steelix getting Rollout as an Egg move is even weirder. I want to see a Steelix use Rollout in the anime, like wtf

The question is, would it roll itself into a spiral, or would it make a big circle and roll away like a wheel?

Luthor

Steelix not getting Iron Defense is pretty weird. Steelix getting Rollout as an Egg move is even weirder. I want to see a Steelix use Rollout in the anime, like wtf

it would certainly look odd especially with that giant horn in the way (otherwise it could work like a rolling pin.) But it were ever shown in the anime using that egg move i'd personally also like to see it it hatch from the egg. Trainer holding egg in hands and suddenly becomes a 8.8 m snake.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Steelix not getting Iron Defense is pretty weird.

I don't see why. Not every Steel-Type automatically gets the move, and there's no particular reason beyond just being a Steel-Type that it should get the move.

The question is, would it roll itself into a spiral, or would it make a big circle and roll away like a wheel?

I'm having an easier time imagining the second one.

Prakhar

Normal: The abnormal
Toucannon using Supersonic skystrike. Like, it just makes me love the angry bird (pun not intended) even more!

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Lillie believing she can keep Nebby in the bag when it has Teleport

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Toucannon using Supersonic skystrike. Like, it just makes me love the angry bird (pun not intended) even more!

Yeah, the super generic, yet dynamic scenes that play for Z-Moves caused a lot of logical inconsistencies. Another weird one is when you have a Pokemon that flies use Breakneck Blitz. Even though its in the air, it makes a trail and a sound as if it were running.

Lillie believing she can keep Nebby in the bag when it has Teleport

She was trying to hide it for its own good, why wouldn't she? Also, I doubt she knew it knew Teleport.

xerxes

ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ
I'm having an easier time imagining the second one.

I prefer the second one, simply because it would look so ridiculous. It would take up so much space, there's no way you could use it indoors. :p

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I don't see why. Not every Steel-Type automatically gets the move, and there's no particular reason beyond just being a Steel-Type that it should get the move.

Well, Steelix also doesn't get it by Move Tutor, and most other physically defensive steel types even get it by levelup (Lairon, Registeel, Metagross, Alolan Sandshrew, Forretress, Shieldon, Bronzong, Probopass, Ferrothorn, Magearna, etc). Even something like Kakuna actually gets Iron Defense through Move Tutor. I think Steelix is the only defensive steel type to not get it at all, even the ones that don't get it by levelup (like Skarmory, Heatran, Cobalion, and Jirachi) still get it through tutor (at least the ones that aren't Alola-only).

Last edited:

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I prefer the second one, simply because it would look so ridiculous. It would take up so much space, there's no way you could use it indoors. :p

lol to be fair you're not going to see many Steelix indoors :p but I imagine it just straightening out and rolling around... much more ground covered that way :p

Something that doesn't make sense is TWINKLE TACKLE! Agh, why would they call it that instead of Lovely Star Impact (japanese name from bulbapedia), which makes so much more sense. It is very underwhelming for a z-move to be called twinkle tackle...

xerxes

ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ
lol to be fair you're not going to see many Steelix indoors :p but I imagine it just straightening out and rolling around... much more ground covered that way :p
Oh, like a rolling pin? That would be pretty good as well hahaha. x) And I dunno, judging from the size of most arenas in the show, I think you could fit a Steelix in it if it stayed close to the ground. Not sure about a rolling one though. :p

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Oh, like a rolling pin? That would be pretty good as well hahaha. x) And I dunno, judging from the size of most arenas in the show, I think you could fit a Steelix in it if it stayed close to the ground. Not sure about a rolling one though. :p

lol basically a rolling pin :p that'd be interesting! and ah sorry I thought you just meant like inside houses and buildings, not stadiums/arenas made for pokemon battles :p that actually makes me wonder now, do they use pokemon to quickly rebuild arenas after big battles? Like pokemon going crazy using dig/earthquake and trees uprooting and what not... like it'd be easy for a bunch of pokemon to rebuild that so I wonder if thats how they go about it...

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
Here's something I found really weird.

In Sun/Moon, when you fight Lusamine in Ultra Space, she clearly calls Nihilego by name. When you start the UB quest, it's real name is also mentioned then. But when you actually fight it, it's still ??? even though you already know what its name is. What's up with that?

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Well, Steelix also doesn't get it by Move Tutor, and most other physically defensive steel types even get it by levelup (Lairon, Registeel, Metagross, Alolan Sandshrew, Forretress, Shieldon, Bronzong, Probopass, Ferrothorn, Magearna, etc). Even something like Kakuna actually gets Iron Defense through Move Tutor. I think Steelix is the only defensive steel type to not get it at all, even the ones that don't get it by levelup (like Skarmory, Heatran, Cobalion, and Jirachi) still get it through tutor (at least the ones that aren't Alola-only).

Oh, didn't realize you were referring to move tutor stuff. I had just assumed level up. You're right, that is very odd indeed.

Here's something I found really weird.

In Sun/Moon, when you fight Lusamine in Ultra Space, she clearly calls Nihilego by name. When you start the UB quest, it's real name is also mentioned then. But when you actually fight it, it's still ??? even though you already know what its name is. What's up with that?

It's probably just the generic programming for Ultra Beasts appearing in the wild.

It's probably just the generic programming for Ultra Beasts appearing in the wild.

If you encounter a UB you've already captured before when catching multiple of the same one, it will say their name in battle. Seeing as we never captured Nihilego and thus never got its Dex info, it still registers as ???. Before registering it in the Dex, we can't be sure if Nihilego is the actual name of the Pokemon or just Lusamine's nickname for it, so that might also be a reason.