• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things in the Pokémon world which just don't make sense (by pokémon standards)

MrJechgo

Here's the answer to one thing: Have you guys ever seen memes about why don't humans just ask their Water Pokémon for a drink when they were thirsty? Well, I don't think you would asked someone to... spit in your mouth XD (sorry for the disgusting image).

Yeah, I believe that any water exuded from a Water Pokémon might not be drinkable. It can be used to extinguish a fire, but not to drink. Dude, cooling a burn (like how Ash first got after trying to pet a Ponyta) with a Water Pokémon doesn't sound like a good idea, since rincing a wound requires clean water :p

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Here's the answer to one thing: Have you guys ever seen memes about why don't humans just ask their Water Pokémon for a drink when they were thirsty? Well, I don't think you would asked someone to... spit in your mouth XD (sorry for the disgusting image).
My head canon is the water Water-types expel is something akin to normal water, but it isn't at some points.

I also think that water can be altered to be damaging in a way, seeing as the only logical thing it could do is push foes away. Maybe the water used for attack moves makes the target into a sponge that, once hit too much, suffers from a drowning-like effect but on land.

That being said, they can still drool normal saliva.

Sakuyamon

Where are the restrooms?

Always wondered that and I remember being amazed when I played Sun and Moon for the 1st time and saw a restroom in the big house in Iki Town. :eek:

Am I the only one who's glad that it got a type change in the final versions of Gold and Silver? Being Dark typed suits Umbreon soooooo much better than its beta Poison typing.

The Johto games needed as many Dark type Pokemons as they could get so it was definitely for the best. But the idea of a Poison type Umbreon is still cool to think about.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Am I the only one who's glad that it got a type change in the final versions of Gold and Silver? Being Dark typed suits Umbreon soooooo much better than its beta Poison typing.
Me too. Poison types were kind of lame back then and they needed to introduce this new counter to Dark types.

The dex makes a big deal about Yanmega being able to fly yet despite being huge and part Flying type it can't learn Fly. No Bug/Flying type can learn Fly and I never got why they couldn't, but Doduo(you know, based off flightless dodos and kiwis) can fly.

Another bit of ridiculous is how not only are Solrock and Lunatone not catchable in Sun and Moon, but neither is Bellossom. You know, the Pokemon based on luaus. From Hawaii, which Alola is based off

Luthor

Sand Veil, Sand Rush, Sand Force, and Snow Cloak grant immunity to sand/hail damage if the Pokemon's type doesn't grant that however Slush Rush does not grant protection from Hail to non-Ice types. When moves like role play exist that seems like such an oddity.