• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things on ladder that make you go "wat"

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
You know, after it happens, you're all; "uhhh ok". Something the opponent does or has on a common Pokemon that's just unexpected, silly, or just plain unheard of! Especially if you're at a ranking you're not expecting it at.

Any ladder! Smogon OU, VGC, Battle Spot. Who gives a h*ck? Maybe it works, maybe it's just plain silly and nothing more. Though this thread is for the silliest of things you've seen, moreso.

Me, it's either gotta be Grass Knot Bisharp or Eviolite Slowbro. I get the former, but, cmon. The latter is uhh, you know, I...I really don't know.

Psilo

FanaticalPokecultist
I love grass knot Bisharp. Another one Of my favorites is banded heatran with eq and scarf physical politoed with crunch paired with water plate water pulse jirachi. And heal bell whimsicott.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Someone trying to continually use Dragon Claw on Clefable then getting pissed because they apparently don't know what Fairy types are.

Tiffo

Geeky Pokemon Master
Smogon OU ladder, at the moment there is a person in the 1500-1600s who uses a offensive Chansey. Offensive Chansey. The rest of their team was solid though.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
AI business, but probably the stupidest AI oversight ever. I won this battle without landing a single attack on my opponent, either status move or direct attacking move:

FFFW-WWWW-WWWP-V6PX