• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things Parents Told You When You Were A Kid That You Found Out Were Not True

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
-My grandparents threatened to mail me to North Korea when I was 3-5
-I am a handsome young man and that girls like me...(only the creepy/weird ones)
-You can be anything you want to be. Yeah, I'm not Superman! Thanks for letting me crack my face on the table when I jumped off the couch!

My dad used to tell me I was born on a full moon. That was BS I looked it up.

*Siiiiiiighhhhh*

Quimagma

The quilava Master!
Santa clause and I could be anything... To this day I'm still trying to turn into a quilava

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
That Santa existed... Then they have me a book explaining why he couldn't when I was 6 or 7... OBVIOUSLY the book was lying to me >.>

AnakBaé

"Getting A's at school will make you rich & respected someday."
Then I found out that my wealthy uncle, who's currently leading huge resort companies around the globe, was actually a "C" student, or "D" rather.
Good attempt but it doesn't work that way, mom.

that having a college degree would bring me jobs, money and girls.
^This too.

ThisIsPatrick

Where do I start...

- That watching Tv to much makes your eyes go square
- If you pull a funny face and the wind changes it stays like that forever
- Easter Bunny (Rabbits don't lay eggs)
- If I had a day off school my Nan said if there is a helicopter that means they are looking for me :p

Galux

When I was four I was looking at the book the Lorax and I asked my mum if this could ever really happen and she said yes if you cut down all the trees. i got so scared that I hid the book. I don't know why she told me that she really never lied much.

DarthVader

1) That Santa Claus was real.
2) That the tooth fairy was real.
3) That water was a dangerous conductor of electricity (we were also taught this in primary school).
4) That eating food with a dirty place mat would give you food poisoning.

Pokemon~Master

That an obese man lives at the Northern Polar region of Earth, has enslaved countless creatures of Germanic myth, and has flying reindeer and a sleigh that can somehow travel the globe in a single night and every year delivers presents to millions/billions of kin worldwide.

Also, that when my tooth falls out, I can place it under my pillow and another being of European myth will appear, take it, and leave me some moolah.

Man, I was a gullible youngin'.

Vernikova

Champion
They told me that I wasn't special but joke's on them now.

supersmew

Let me heal your ⓗ♈ʒ
That those pieces of fabric that hold the curtains back would chop my fingers off and kill me :)

KickAsh

halted development
That I was unique and talented

jonnyc

My babysitter once told me when I was 7-ish that your mind melts the longer you use electronics. I believed it for a while and got scared using the TV.

They used to tell me that you could get a baby if you prayed hard enough.... I told my mother to do it. Wasnt so easy then.
They used to convince me that anyone who died went 'away' for a really long journey
I think at one point, to keep my Christian faith strong, they told me there was only one religion.

My parents told me the usual stuff like tooth fairy, Easter bunny, etc. and that if I look at a screen for long enough my eyes will go square. Also that if you wanted a baby you just needed to ask and babies just teleport out of the womb......

disposable_heroes

<- Best PKMN Ever
So you know how they say "you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar?" Wrong.

Set out a bowl of balsamic and a bowl of honey. The vinegar gets more.

I was also watching a pot yesterday, and guess what it did? It boiled.

i really have to stop reading xkcd obsessively