• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things People Make Fun Of You For...

I'm Pretty sure we have all been made fun of before.
And I'm not one to fight back, I kina just asorb it and let it sink in and bother me.
Things I have been made fun of for:
  • My Poofy hair
  • My big sense of drama
  • My slight case of acne (its gone now)
  • My dream to move to Japan (and the fact that I'm learning Japanese slowly)
  • I got the SILVER iPhone 5s, not the GOLD xc
  • And that I am obsessed with Pokemon
So, I might not have it as bad as some people, but still.
This thread can also be used to vent your feelings about this kinda stuff.

Last edited:

Shinehollow

Turning that frown all the way down
Many,many ways.Mostly for liking Pokemon,liking video games in general(what?Girls can't like to game?),my sensitive feelings,and basically just the way I look.I don't really care,it's just hurtful and annoying.

Carcara

People have never really picked on me, but they've jokes about me usually about the fact that i'm smart enough to get good grades, but i'm terrible when it's time to interact with people. And also that i don't go outside very often.

xEryChan

Demon Child
What didn't I get made fun of for? Kids can be really mean and vicious. I'm dyslexic and I was picked on because of that. Kids always used to call me dumb and stuff.

When I was in the sixth grade, I was moved to a special education class and the name calling never stopped, they were relentless.

I also got picked on because I love Pokemon. All throughout high school, I was referred to as 'the Pokemon Nerd'

Harmonie

♫ Ad vivere
Oh gosh, everything. Like, I mean it... I thought it would get better in post-high school life. It kind of did at college, but at work it's like it regressed. Coworkers 'comment' on everything from my eating habits to my choice of using the private single-stalled bathroom instead of the others. =/

To be honest, people really don't make fun of me that much anymore. Then again, a lot of people nowadays say that their first impression of me is that I'm intimidating an unapproachable. Which is unfortunate really, because I'm pretty much the friendliest person ever. I had a friend tell me once that I have a perpetual look on my face that gives the impression I just witnessed mass genocide. Naturally, I can see why most people don't bother. The few that are gutsy enough to do it never do it maliciously, and they usually poke fun at the fact that I'm a total scatter brain. I admit, I'm a disorganized hot mess that would probably lose my brain if it wasn't inside my skull.

In the past? All the time. Highschool wasn't so terrible because people knew I had a temper, and I wouldn't think twice about being suspended and knocking some kids lights out for trying to make my life miserable. So, instead of making fun of me to my face they just did it silently behind my back. In the middle school it was usually stuff like "You're a faggot because you cross your legs" or "You dye your hair a lot, what a faggot." Or really, just "you're a faggot because <insert remotely feminine trait>" I was even told once that I must be faggot because my eyelashes are too long. Go figure. Anyways, in highschool I pretty much just tried to blend into the background as much as possible and tried not to be noticed. If I did hear anything it usually took the form of "Oh, yeah that loner kid? Yeah he's probably going to go full emo. I give'em a year."

Requiem's Eclipse

Hopelessly Hopeful
I'm very lucky that I go to a college that's small and doesn't make fun of you for playing pokemon. Perks of Small Conservatories!

However I do get made fun of a lot:

1. Some of my sayings that have caught on, but others use it to make fun of me, but I don't care.

2. My obsession with Astrology.

3. My Nervous ticks

4. My naivety.

5. My excitability.

I don't take any of it personal though, why? I make fun of other people. I expect karma to hit me!

Null&VoidXIII

Shiny Hunter
I was always talked about when I attended school. Even now people still find it hard to approach me because of my lack of emotion, which somehow intimidates them. I'm actually a really laid back guy who's nothing more than a big teddy bear if you got to know me. I was looked at more like a curse rather than a pathetic person to take their spite out on. Still I'm not going to sit here and say it didn't bother me, but I honestly liked being a loner, so I enjoyed the space it gave me every so often. If there was anything people made fun of me for it would've been my red hair. Funny thing is though it's now more or less a copper color unless shaved then it turns blonde from being in sunlight. I gained so called friends through them not wanting to mess with me actually. Basically they hung around me so they wouldn't have to deal with me which struck me as odd seeing as how they shouldn't have cared either way.

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
My hypochondria and my fear of bugs. Other than that, they're all pretty understanding of my general weirdness. Or at least they have the decency of pretending they are in front of me ;)

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Back in school up until sometime in high school, in some cases it was because of my height since I was almost always the shortest person in the grade. However, that kind of bullying was actually rare, and they all stopped after telling them off. High school had borderline sexual harassment added to it (since day one of my freshman year, actually), but once I told the jerk off, I was left alone. There were a couple of jeers about liking Pokémon, but it wasn't a big deal.

My school/social experiences weren't that bad, now that I think back to them.

frogofdoom555

(>:O) FFFFFFUUUUUU
Is there anything people wont make fun of others for these days? As time goes on kids are turning into the brattiest and most idiotic generation to date.

I used to get picked on a lot in the middle school days. In fact, someone slapped my *** in the boys bathroom. I told the teacher anything, but, surprise surprise! He didn't get in trouble.

I also got picked on for playing Pokemon. It seems that most people get made fun of for this reason in high school. Luckily I have a tight group of chums that like it as well.

frogofdoom555

(>:O) FFFFFFUUUUUU
Is there anything people wont make fun of others for these days? As time goes on kids are turning into the brattiest and most idiotic generation to date.

I used to get picked on a lot in the middle school days. In fact, someone slapped my *** in the boys bathroom. I told the teacher anything, but, surprise surprise! He didn't get in trouble.

I also got picked on for playing Pokemon. It seems that most people get made fun of for this reason in high school. Luckily I have a tight group of chums that like it as well.

piemaster924000

Finals make me cry

Hi how dare you say im idiotic? ;-; any ways I dont get made fun of but i am clumsy

Mister_SGG

Actually, I've never been seriously picked on or made-fun of - my buds and I are always calling each sh*t jokingly, and I lost track of how many times I've been called a f*g online, but neither of those count.

And I'm not one to fight back, I kina just asorb it and let it sink in and bother me.

Honestly, that's no way to live your life bro. You gotta let people know you aren't going to take any bullsh*t and it'll stop.

Last edited: