• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things People Make Fun Of You For...

Stardustz6

Part of the Echelon
Secondary school was just hell for me, I just got picked on so much for so many stupid things;
My name is Welsh but my parents spelt it the English way - cue confusion for everyone - so naturally I got called all sorts of racial slurs (and two years on, still getting some of that)
I'm just under 5 foot, so I'm frequently referred to as 'the hobbit' or midget etc
For a while when I was 13/14 my hair got greasy stupidly easily (no matter how often I washed it) and got me branded as 'grease-ball' for 3 years and has made me very self-conscious, despite the fact I've gone through the majority of puberty which was the reason it got so bad in the first place.

Oh and the usual being a 'freak' or 'weirdo' for liking pokemon even though I'm a girl (yeah dead original guys...) Jokes on them though because I'm now in a group of guys who freaking love Pokemon and they're the most amazing people to be around. Those friends make all the insults and 'jokes' worth living through.

TheDragonKing

King of dragons
I don't really get made fun of a lot, only maybe occasional teasing and that's all just for laughs. But actual straight up bullying doesn't occur maybe because 1: That stuff doesn't happen a lot at my school and 2: I'm the kind of person that doesn't give a poop about what other people think about me. High school starts in a week so that may/may not change.

But if someone out there is being made fun of, just remember that you are you. Anything others say or think about you doesn't change who you are. Those bullies are missing out on meeting some pretty great people on here. :)

Tangeh

I don't think I've ever been made fun of for anything by people who aren't my friends... maybe my major (accounting) but only by rival programs and in good spirits. xD

My friends poke fun at me because I'm basically addicted to lip chap. I panic if I don't have any with me and I usually apply it every few hours. They also make fun of me for my height - I'm 5'4" which is average for a girl, but my friends are all tall >_> - and my age (I'm the oldest in my friend group by a matter of weeks because my birthday's in January, and am therefore an old geezer lol).

I do have to wonder if they make fun of me for liking video games behind my back, considering I'm not teased about it which is a bit odd, but whatever.

Theodamas

Collector
When I was younger some other kids used to mock me for being tall. I'm now 1,84 meters, so not very much above male average , but I just got my height early. I'm not a person that is easily hurt by words so I just laughed in my mind when some jerk only a few centimeters shorter than came next to me bending his knees (!) and saying:

"How's the weather up there?"

In these days I only get somewhat kind teasing stuff from my friends.
In Finland there is a kind of youth subculture that consists of kids aged 12-16 (12-18 if they go to vocational school). It involves smoking, spitting, talking with every second word as "f*ck", and most notably drinking energy drinks from a cheap brand called Euro Shopper. A person like this is called a jonne or ES-jonne.

So, once I bought a Euro Shopper lemon cake because I was hungry. I cost about 1.70 euros (it's something like two dollars) and when I ate it, my friend said:

"I find it weird that most of the time you are a hippie, but every now and then you are a hell of a jonne."
I just laughed and said this is just a lemon cake, not energy drink (which I have never even tasted)

Last edited:

Mizz Nikki

Operations Director
I always used to get picked on in elementary school. I didn't even know what it was that everyone picked on me over, they usually always found something though. Kids can be really mean, that's all there is to it.

They stopped when I get into middle school but then when I was a freshman, I got bullied so bad. I got to the point where I almost thought about taking my own life. I'm glad I didn't though, it wasn't going to let what the bullies said to me hurt me anymore. So I told my mom about what was happening and she took care of it. Not once after that did they mess with me. Going to an adult and telling them is probably the best thing you can do if you're getting bullied and I'm glad I did.

That's all I can say.

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
I'm in secondary school (not sure what it's American equivalent is, but for reference I'm going to be 15 this year) and I haven't really been bullied much. There're a couple of things that could be considered bullying, and I'm curious to see if it's the same everywhere else - is the word 'gay' being thrown about in an offensive manner? My problem is if I don't like something other people (the vast majority of idiots pretty much) like, such as a particular song or a sport, then I'll be called gay. Just because I don't like a certain song doesn't mean I'm suddenly a homosexual, but people who might actually be homosexual (I'm not, nor do I know anyone my age who's say they are) are then offended for no reason. It sucks. Luckily there are comebacks to it that you need to have to survive onslaughts such as this, and I've been told I am an expert in the use of such things lol.

Other than that, mild joking comments about my height (I'm over 6ft, which for my age is pretty tall) which I don't mind and what video-games I play (that's a weird one, but it doesn't bother me because I don't play video-games with anyone apart from people who like the same games as me). No-one knows that I like Pokemon to avoid being made fun of unfortunately, but that will change in the future (once all the idiots are gone and the people who probably still do like it reveal themselves once more).

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
Um, I don't get picked on a whole lot really, but some of my brother's friends got on me for being a nerd for a while, one or two people picked on me because I was adopted, and of course there is my religion, but I honestly don't mind that one.

Null&VoidXIII

Shiny Hunter
It's rather sad that society in general dictates what the norm is of human life. We were made to be different yet are naturally preyed upon because of it, many times for benign reasons such as our voice is somewhat low or our bodies are slightly larger than average. Whats more is the fact that people (more so older generations) tend to see kids as negligent or off because we lean toward forms of culture such as animation. People honestly just need to be more open to another's value system as I'm sure they too hold their own in high regard as much as we do ourselves.

Personally I laugh at society (in a broad sense) as I'm rather happy being who I am, knowing that I don't need to throw on another's skin just to blend in with the crowd. Actually, when I think about it, it's nice that people can spot me out of the hundreds on a street as that just confirms with me that people are aware of who I am by simply being myself.

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
The only things that come to mind are my.... unusual taste in clothes and my incredibly poor sense of direction. Oh and in elementary school some kids would say I snored all the time... because of the funny noises my nose used to make because of my horrible allergy problems... so yeah in theory they were right but I was sensitive about it .____.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
People have made fun of me for all kinds of stuff.

They've made fun of my height, the fact that I'm black, my bisexuality, my feminine tendencies, my compassion (oddly enough), my dislike of sports, my love of Pokémon games, and many other stuff.

As I got older, I learned that how people perceive me does not matter nearly as much as how people behave towards me. I don't care how you see me nor how you think of me, as long as you treat me with kindness and respect. If you can do that, we're cool.

Last edited:

Phsy-Spark

your wish is my strong recommendation
Mostly Because I like Pokemon, but other things, like my emotional sensitivity, crop up here and there.

Wasn't bad last year though (On the Pokemon side of things.)

Meillquei

Keeper of Slurpuffs
When I was younger, I used to be overweight. Most people left me alone, but occasionally, I would get picked on for it.
In high school, I wore boys clothes (I am a girl), and sometimes people made fun of me for it.
I am a very quiet and shy person, and sometimes people were mean to me because they thought I was very arrogant for not talking to them.

ChewieJ

Pokémon Writer
I get made fun of sometimes for looking like a middle-schooler. I'm an adult, thank you very much.

I get a lot of hate for playing Pokemon, but it doesnt bother me. I also get hate because I'm deemed as one of the smarter kids at school but i guess that is a jealousy thing.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Not lately thankfully, but when I was in school, people made fun of me for how I looked and that kind of thing. It sucked tbh. Glad it doesn't really happen anymore. But I don't envy anyone who has to go through it.

Last edited:

TurtleTerranova

Growing up in central Ohio was kinda rough. Been made fun of for all sorts of things from getting good grades-to the shape of my head. Not even kidding. I had brothers to take care of it for the most part but then I was being bullied for not sticking up for myself. I'm a very down to earth person though and I don't think violence is the answer.

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
Growing up as a kid was tough, especially when you're twin. My bro and I were treated like **** during my elementary school years and of course the so-called school staffs didn't bother stopping it since my bullies are nothing but smarts kids. I get pushed, name calling, always the first target in dodge ball, a freak (i have a scar on my arm), a retarded student (i do a learning disability before) and hell even coughed on for no apparent reason because they believe I'm not a person willing to fight back. By the time I hit high school, those ****s started having me respect since rumors was spread around saying my brother joined a street gang (of course its BS) and he have an tendency fight back. Though everything is all in the past now I still have little respect for those who picked on me over the years.

Koharu_Hinata

Doki Doki Sunshine!
I've gotten made fun of for being socially inept before. In real life, I have difficulties striking up a conversation with people. It's hard for me to understand what I'm supposed to do when I talk to others. Don't know why.

Zora

perpetually tired
i one time said at work "gonna get ice tea," and coworker misheard it as "gonna get nasty."

Since then, I've known as nasty. :U