• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things People Make Fun Of You For...

Malfor

X and Y will be good
I don't get picked on anymore.
Along with me being a black belt, I'm popular enough to always have an army of football players behind me.
I have been before, but usually for being in advanced classes
icon_wat.png

~Demon Maxwell~

The Clever Girl
I'm mocked for my low voice; I don't sound like a guy but I don't sound terribly feminine either. It does me, personally, just fine, but whenever somebody talks to me, I always feel strained because of the abuse I've gotten for it in the past.

I also get teased for not being interested in drinking and drugs and smoking and all the rest of it. It's something so dumb to get teased for that it doesn't bother me at all, but it irritates me that so many people are within the mindset that that kind of stuff is the correct way to do things.

Gah, also my love of anime. I get people pulling crap out at me for that all the time; because I identify better with fiction than I do reality. And let's not even get started on the fact that I'm female and play games, oh my God, the unthinkable!

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I've been made fun of for liking frogs and not being homophobic.

I've also been called "gay" or "atheist" although I wasn't either.

All of that is behind me, but that school needs to make a better bullying policy.

RogueLapras

Water Gym Leader
I was picked on a lot in school. Elementary and Middle School was the worst, but I was still picked on in high school too. I got picked on for SO many things. Kids can be very hateful. I got picked on for the clothes I wear, the way I talk, for liking different things (Pokémon, video games, etc.). And there was a group of people who kept telling lies about me. And the kicker was the group was lead by my own cousin. The main rumor my cousin told was that I was gay (even though I'm not). The bad thing was most people believed it because my cousin was telling it.

But I posted in this thread to tell the people that are getting picked on that life is SO much better after high school. You get to be who you are without being judged (as badly lol). All of those judgmental people will go their own way and so will you. Colleges are so diverse that you will find people who like the same things you do. I just feel so very bad for those people who give in to peer pressure and hurt themselves. Please don't do that. If you are being picked on then tell someone (parent, teacher, principal) and try to stay away from that person/people. And don't give in to peer pressure. If you don't want to drink, do drugs, or anything else, then don't do it! Don't give up. Hang in there.

Last edited:

Malfor

X and Y will be good

Requiem's Eclipse

Hopelessly Hopeful
I'm mocked for my low voice; I don't sound like a guy but I don't sound terribly feminine either. It does me, personally, just fine, but whenever somebody talks to me, I always feel strained because of the abuse I've gotten for it in the past.

I also get teased for not being interested in drinking and drugs and smoking and all the rest of it. It's something so dumb to get teased for that it doesn't bother me at all, but it irritates me that so many people are within the mindset that that kind of stuff is the correct way to do things.

Gah, also my love of anime. I get people pulling crap out at me for that all the time; because I identify better with fiction than I do reality. And let's not even get started on the fact that I'm female and play games, oh my God, the unthinkable!

A deep female voice is VERY rare. In musical circles, if you do sing, you will be coveted for that low voice. Contraltos are very rare, try singing and make millions off of it. Or just take pride in that your deep voice is a rarity. Drinking and Drugs are overrated, I don't get what's the big deal about them, take it from me I started drinking at 19 and smoked weed for the first time last year, not missing much. It's the culture that we live in today. I could get all astrological and say thanks to the Pluto in Scorpio generation and then followed by the independent fiery Sagittarius generation is the reason for this, but I'm not.

Malfor

X and Y will be good
thanks to the Pluto in Scorpio generation and then followed by the independent fiery Sagittarius generation is the reason for this, but I'm not.

You went full science, never go full science

MedMana

Wired, Yet Tired
Oh, dear. This topic.

Honestly, I was really lucky I went to the elementary school I did. The worst I got was 'Oh, he's one the few ASP students who doesn't take Tae-Kwon-Do". Then I moved to the other side of town.

Middle School absolutely terrible. Mainly because I got thrown in with almost every delinquent in the county- more than 75% of the school's population. At first they picked on me for stereotypical stuff, such as my glasses and full face of hair. Then they noticed just how sensitive I am and started simply trying to get me to blow up (I do have a higher chance of breaking my wrist than someone's nose when I attempt to throw a punch). I literally had kids who hung around me so the idiots wouldn't get themselves, innocents, or cabinets hurt. After smacking a teacher with a PVC jacket and getting drug home by a police officer within two months of each other, I decided I had had enough and wrote a letter to the principal... to no effect. I guess that's where my daily tai-chi exercises and lone wolf tendencies come from.

Thankfully, I moved to a nicer school system, so I don't have to worry about that any more. The closest I get is my close friends joking around about such wonderful things as:
-I can't see even with my glasses or contacts (the former of which had to be imported from Japan)
-My tendency to injure myself on wooden structures and walk off like it was nothing
-My height (I haven't found a fridge taller than me for years)
-My above-average body temperature
-My water-proof hair
-Etc.
Yeah, things certainly are better now...

bailey.ga

Growing up it was because I was poor, that doesn't happen any more though, now everyone's poor XD

Tepig2000

Number #1 Tepig Fan
People don't make fun of me, at least not when I'm seeing. But I am sure they think I'm weird for liking Pokémon and not liking soccer. Because "Pokémon is for kids" and pretty much every other boy in my school likes soccer.

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
Mainly in elementary and middle school, I was bullied a lot for being physically inept (I pretty much floundered in gym class), wearing glasses, and having bad artistic skills. I also never fought back in fear of getting in trouble, so I ended up being an easy to abuse punching bag at school.

I'm happy to say I've dramatically improved in all those areas. As for glasses, I wear contacts now while hoping LASIK becomes cheaper and/or covered by insurance.

Goggled Petilil

likes maids
I'm picked on mainly for liking Pokemon and being pretty much the only person in my class that doesn't play Call of Duty, Battlefield, and/or GTA.
I'm also usually really quiet, and having a low tone voice doesn't help either... I also get made fun of for the way I pronounce some words, which is also another reason that I'm quiet.
Lack of friends is also one I get picked on for. The only "friends" I have are some random people who just label themselves as my friend. There are also some people that pretend to be friendly to me, but then just pick on me behind my back...
I'm actually kinda glad I lack friends, I mean, if I have to hang around jerks and call them my friend, then no thanks...
Even my last name isn't safe from being picked on...Almost on a daily basis do people pick on my last name, and even my father's first name.

All that in a nice package of me never fighting back. I don't fight back or try to defend myself because I don't want to get in trouble.
The closest thing I do to fighting back is to just write letters and e-mails to teachers...though, that has accomplished very little so far.

Last edited:

Schade

Metallic Wonder
I was picked on for some pretty basic things. Mostly my morbid sense of humor, my looks and the way I talked.
There's also the whole gay thing, but let's not go there.

All of this ended though when I started standing up for myself

UltimatePokemonExpert

Experienced Trainer
My weight, my looks, my actions, my religion.... That's the main gist of it.

TheEliteEmpoleon

Not much, honestly. There was a chubby joke here and there, but then puberty and football came at me, and all that crap ended. I don't really give anyone anything to make fun of me for, come to think of it. I'm fine with that, too.

ShinyUmbreon189

RealTalkRealFlow
People seem to make fun and not take me seriously when I say I'm a rapper, idk if it's cause I'm white or what. But I end up shutting them up fast when I bust some bars and they go like "damn you can rap".

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
People don't make fun of me, because I don't surround myself with idiots :)
In other words, you're not Scar. XD

You went full science, never go full science
Since when is astrology science?

Back in school up until sometime in high school, in some cases it was because of my height since I was almost always the shortest person in the grade.
I've had a similar situation, except with weight instead of height; I was almost always the lightest and/or thinnest person in my grade. (I'm also a little on the short side, but I tease myself about my height more than other people do.) I've had lots of people saying they could easily pick me up or snap me in half, putting their hands around my wrists (they're really small), or asking if I eat (which I do). I'm not really offended by it though, as even I like to poke fun at it sometimes.

I used to get teased mainly for my appearance and/or questionable fashion sense. I clearly remember this one time when I wore all yellow at the daycare, and a couple of boys said that I looked like something out of a toilet (the fact that my hair is dark brown and my skin is kind of brown-ish didn't help). Needless to say, I never wore yellow again (at least not in significant amounts) after that day. I also wore my hair in pigtails when I was in middle school and got teased a bit for that, though the fact that I also wore glasses probably didn't help (I occasionally have my hair in pigtails nowadays and never get made fun of for it, but then again I don't wear glasses anymore).

My parents also make fun of me for not asking for things directly - I've always beat around the bush when I wanted something, or else just hinted that I wanted it rather than actually saying so.

Oddly enough, I've never been made fun of for liking Pokemon or other video games, at least not directly anyway. The closest I came to that was when I started a Pokemon club in high school, and it was the club itself that got made fun of, not me in particular. That was also the same high school where I got my first boyfriend after he saw me playing Pokemon. And in elementary school, I once got teased for not knowing all 150 Pokemon (this was before Gold/Silver came out). For other video games, I did get made fun of a couple of times for not owning any non-Nintendo game consoles, but after I got a PS3, that obviously didn't happen anymore. I've actually had more guys admire me for being a gamer girl than make fun of me for it - actually, they just treated me as if my gender didn't matter, as in "cool, you're a gamer, so am I". Then again, this was at a college that had both a game design program and a feminist studies program (and was in a highly liberal town), so take that with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

thunder2910

Loves pizza
During my first year of high-school I would usually go and pick up my siblings from their school and once I was approached by a group of kids (I think 2 years older than them) and they made fun of my scarf that I wore, of course I ignored them but then I stopped going, I found it weird going back to my primary school everyday.

Oh and last year this person kept on annoying me and tried to embarrass in front of the class, a good punch and kick set things right again

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
its only one thing for me, my ditziness/clumsiness - i don't know why i was born to become a person like that nor i even don't have a slightest idea on how i become something so careless