• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things pokemon has helped you learn in real life.

Chrysaries

Former shiny trader
Protein, Iron, Calcium, Carbos and... Anyway that helped me in Biology and Home Economics (where you cook and learn about being healthy)

SkyGardevoir

Gone Mon. to Thurs.
Sketching Pokémon actually improved my art skill a bit.

Also, who honestly knew what a Coelacanth, one of the most interesting fish to exist, was before Relicanth was made?

Jonah the Slaking

Couch-bound Warrior
When I was young, I learned my left and right. XD

Also, just like the above poster, I learned what a coelacanth was.

Kibagos

FairyDragon Queen~
I learned English while I was playing haha.

Ludwig

Between EV training, IV breeding, and eventually RNG, I'd say it teaches patience. I've hit that 999:59 game timer more than once in these last 12 years. My math's definitely seen improvement, except I hate powers of four and its all pokemon's fault.
Its also taught me that all creatures of this earth come from eggs, even plants.

Powers are easy, you just have to do repeated multiplication and 4 is especially easy because you just have to double twice for each increase by one power.

XXD17

Draco rex
Pokemon taught me that water conducts electricity.

water, as in H2O, doesn't conduct electricity...

organization/account

chemistry
-some things in pokemon gives insight in ELEMENTARY chemistry, like water deposits in rocks, when frozen, cracks rock open, thus ice is super effective against rock.

ice isn't super effective against rock, it's neutrally effective...

Last edited:

Chrysaries

Former shiny trader
ice isn't super effective against rock, it's neutrally effective...

That is quite intresting. You can make mountains explode buy pouring water in a crack and let it freeze (making it bigger, water liquid is smaller than water solid) So it should make it be super effective. Although it has to be water when applied. Maybe thats why water is super against rock, i understand ground because if you pour water to dirt it dissolves etc. But thats not the case with Rock/Stone

gleamingxxpidgeot

Flying Type Master
To stay out of tall grass.

XXD17

Draco rex
Due to the water's autoprotolysis, it does conduct electricity, although very poorly.

exactly...the conduction due to auto-ionization is negligible...it's when you use naturally-occurring/ tap water (water with dissolved ions) that conduction occurs, but it's through the ions, not the water...

That is quite intresting. You can make mountains explode buy pouring water in a crack and let it freeze (making it bigger, water liquid is smaller than water solid) So it should make it be super effective. Although it has to be water when applied. Maybe thats why water is super against rock, i understand ground because if you pour water to dirt it dissolves etc. But thats not the case with Rock/Stone
You can erode away rock by subjecting it to a constant flow of over over a long period of time...

Last edited:

TheOriginalOne

オリジナル
In Physics you learn that the main colors are Red, Green and Blue. Those are the colors equivalent to the starters (Red=Fire; Green=Grass; Blue=Water) !