• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things Sword/Shield Nailed

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Interesting. Why do you not like Leon?
Because I don’t think his character deep
Ok so he is strong and likes to battle. And? He is so one dimensional
Diantha had side professions like a model and an actress for example
And his ace is boring and way too repetitive at this point.

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
Honestly, next to nothing besides the music (which, yeah, was some of the best in the series).

The one place that Sword and Shield truly shine for me - especially after the DLC - is getting a team built quickly and easily. It might not be the team you really want, since there are still Pokémon missing from Sword and Shield years after release - which is honestly inexcusable - but if you’re lucky enough to have them all there and in the Wild Area or available through Dynamax Adventures, you can have a full team caught and fully trained within a few hours of staring a new file. That’s pretty impressive. Add a few more hours and you can get some of them hyper trained and EV trained, too. Quality of life features for training were done well.

As a part of that, I’d also say that raising the shiny odds of Dynamax Adventure legendaries to 1/300 (or 1/100 with the shiny charm) is pretty neat. It’s the single easiest way in the series to get my favorite shiny, Latios, in the Pokéball I want. That’s the best thing I can say about the game and it’s a genuine good thing that I appreciate.

Sham

The Guardian of War
  • Leon is a pretty good Champion imo and is overall pretty exposed to the main characters story, even to the point of giving you your starter. He's one of the few Champions who is heavily involved in the villain arc
  • The music. Wyndon City, Slumbering Weald and Storming Rose Tower are great. Incorporating the fans shouting into the music and even the trainer theme hit.
  • Inteleon, that's it.
  • Gave us multiple rivals who more or less had balanced screen time and their own stories
  • Gave a heavy conclusion to each rival. Hop became a professor assistant while Marnie and Bede became Gym Leaders
  • Giving new evolutions and pre evolutions to regional forms.
  • Creative but annoying new ways to evolve new Pokemon
  • For what it is, the wild area is a pretty good direction for Pokemon

SoraFan23

Generation 4 was how I got into Pokémon
The only thing I liked in Sword/Shield was the Wild Area. It felt really big and it was refreshing seeing all those different Pokemon running all over the place, especially when they chase you. I can remember being scared of that the first time lol

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
Dynamax Adventures, The Crown Tundra and Isle of Armor, although I liked the Calyrex story a lot more. The castle was majestic and mysterious!

vondecayle

Long gone are the days

Boss1991

Pokémon Master
I think SwSh is one of the best Pokemon games, but a big part of this are the DLCs, so keep in mind that I'm rating the game with the DLCs included.

- Fantastic new Pokemon: for me personally, Gen 8 introduced the best new Pokemon since Gen 4. Generations 5, 6 and 7 were kinda disappointing for me, so Gen 8 was a very pleasant surprise. Drednaw, Polteageist, Centiskorch, Dragapult and Wooloo are some of my favorites. Also Gmax forms were really awesome too, like Gmax Charizard, etc

- Some of the best Human Characters: The Galar cast is really memorable imo. Sonia, Nessa, Peony, Hop, Bede, etc, are some of my favorites.

- A beautiful region: Galar is really memorable for me as a whole, the region is big and each area feels unique, rather than a copy paste. Gleamwood Tangle, Ballonlea and Isle of Armor are my favorites.

- Amazing music: I mean in fairness, I love the music in almost every Pokemon game. But Galar's is one of the best.

- League Cards: they were very fun to customize

- best Clothing Customization in the series (I still can't believe SV restricted us to a bunch of school uniforms only, it made me value the Trainer Customization in Smash a lot more).

- 3 fantastic Wild Areas, which are quite big, but not annoyingly too big.

- Isle of Armor: this island has become one of my favorite places in Pokemon. I love the vibe it gives, the size of it, the design, the atmosphere, the plot around it, etc.

- Crown Tundra: another great area, with a lot of cool stuff to discover.

Last edited: