• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that annoy you - in general

SunGodNika1997

You can call me Tanner.
Another work rant. I work in an accounting department, so gotta love when the CFO forces us to completely change our process of doing things. Without going into detail for the sake of brevity, it's made things so much more tedious and time-consuming on our end, doesn't really affect the books in the long run, but it's all so things look "neater" on the CFO's end. Smh.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Misleading trailers, they always cut the good stuff
You can add misleading video game trailers, misleading demos and misleading game footage too.

- The first Watch_Dogs was heavily downgraded on PC compared to the old previews, so it wouldn't outshine the console versions.
- Dead Island 1 looked like it could have a drama story in it. Turned out to be nothing.
- Aliens Colonial Marines: Misleading demo with amazing graphics and the final result looked NOTHING like it and the AI was god awful too.

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
Elon Musk. Do I even need to explain why?

Hopefully, Elon will realize just how stupid his decision was and quickly reverse course. Freedom of speech always prevails, in certain parts of the USA at least.

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Eh, Twitter has been a dumpster fire for years. I don't see the appeal of it.

To a point. It's sometimes useful. For contests, keeping in touch with friends. But now, it's gotten to be a complete mess.

Lustre

To the person above who said "posting nonsense to be allowed to post links", you have my full appreciation. That quoting is also limited by the same rule (apparently) is also mildly infuriating xd

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
So you're a paying student taking an Intro Biology II class in the summer. You disappear for the month. You come back the day after the final and act entitled to getting an A. You do not have a sensible or documented excuse. You hand me, your professor, a self-diagnosis. I cannot legally accept. You proceed to file a complaint to the school for ableism. You lose.

That was too much paperwork for an idiotic student.

Morax

King of heroes
So you're a paying student taking an Intro Biology II class in the summer. You disappear for the month. You come back the day after the final and act entitled to getting an A. You do not have a sensible or documented excuse. You hand me, your professor, a self-diagnosis. I cannot legally accept. You proceed to file a complaint to the school for ableism. You lose.

That was too much paperwork for an idiotic student.
I wish you were my biology professor. I would have passed with flying colours.

Seriously tho, my biology teacher was so terrible at teaching they killed my interest in the subject. Part of the reason why I chose physics over it.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I wish you were my biology professor. I would have passed with flying colours.

Seriously tho, my biology teacher was so terrible at teaching they killed my interest in the subject. Part of the reason why I chose physics over it.
I never had any real interest in biology and only took it in high school because I had no other choice as it was required for graduation. This caused a lot of problems for me. First I didn’t want to dissect animals because I thought it was cruel and inhumane and against my beliefs and because I heard how they used to kill those poor frogs which horrified me. My family didn’t understand that I did not want to do it out of my own morals and forced me to do it which made me start to believe that having your own beliefs was wrong and that you should only do whatever everyone else is doing because whatever you believe in yourself will always be wrong. My family thought it was because I didn’t “understand death” and was afraid of it. I wasn’t afraid of death and I understood it. I went to a couple of wakes by that point and saw a body made up by a mortician and I didn’t scream and get emotionally upset whenever I saw roadkill which is very common in my area. I’ve seen a lot of deer that had been hit by cars that it’s nothing to me now whenever I see one.

Biology also traumatized me and made me develop a full blown phobia and panic attack because of the seniors’ stupid prank that year. The teacher had these taxidermy models in the classroom which always made me uncomfortable whenever I had to look at them but they were mostly out of sight so I was okay. Then the prank happen which involved the animals being moved around and placed where they didn’t belong and I felt uneasy but managed to mostly ignore them until I looked up and saw the turtle attached to the ceiling directly above my seat and that’s when the screaming started. I just kept freaking out and hyperventilating that I had to be removed from the classroom and I refused to go back in for days because I was terrified that the turtle was still there. It was really awful and the worst part was how its neck was stretched out looking up when it was on the shelf which meant those horrible eyes were looking directly at me which made it even worse. Sometimes when I close my eyes, I still see that thing staring at me. Ever since then I panic at the sight of taxidermy or even the mention of it. Even a short part of a Simpsons episode involving taxidermy made me freak out.

ebevan91

I just got a degree in business because I had no clear path in life.

Oh hey join the club. I wanted to get into management but every time I've applied or interviewed for a job I've been rejected. Even at the place I've been working at for nearly 10 years, yet they'll hire recent high school grads for those positions.

SunGodNika1997

You can call me Tanner.
Oh hey join the club. I wanted to get into management but every time I've applied or interviewed for a job I've been rejected. Even at the place I've been working at for nearly 10 years, yet they'll hire recent high school grads for those positions.
I feel that. Even though I've got some experience under my belt now, it's been hard trying to find a better job lately. The market sucks big time.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I never had any real interest in biology and only took it in high school because I had no other choice as it was required for graduation. This caused a lot of problems for me. First I didn’t want to dissect animals because I thought it was cruel and inhumane and against my beliefs and because I heard how they used to kill those poor frogs which horrified me.
I'm a slight expert at this, but the problem with commercial frog use is that's it's not ecologically regulated.
Anything from frog legs, to frog dissections, to pet trade have caused ecological disruption.

As for biology, I've majored in the area, and most of the dissections I had to do were in high school.
I had one taxidermy project in University to my knowledge.

SunGodNika1997

You can call me Tanner.
I miss when YouTube recommendations were based on the video you were currently watching and not just algorithmically tailored to you. Just because I occasionally watch video essays on anime doesn't mean I want to watch one right after the music video for Pulp's "Common People."

Yes, I know there is an option to see more "related" videos, but I hate that it's not the default, and I have to go out of my way to view it.