• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that annoy you - in general

MetaMantis

Offline until Ash vs Leon
Yes I know there's already a thread about "Things that upset you" but this is not for the serious stuff like bullying, fighting, abuse, etc...

This is for the little annoyances. Just the small things that get on your nerves a bit, even the things that other people would consider quite normal.

urrutiap

what annoys me most of the time is videogame web sites and their stupid messageboard moderators etc.

Especially Neoseeker and Gamefaqs where if you sign up for the first time they automatically think youre using your account for suspicious activity.

Dunno what their problem is. This how they treat new members all the time when someone is trying to sign up to even try to post in their stupid messageboards?

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
The spam bots here and that the higher staff of this forum don't seem to care about maintaining it except when it got hacked a few weeks ago. (Another example: username change requests that haven't been approved from the most recent forum upgrade in early 2021 when the admins are apparently the only ones who can approve them).

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
The spam bots here and that the higher staff of this forum don't seem to care about maintaining it except when it got hacked a few weeks ago. (Another example: username change requests that haven't been approved from the most recent forum upgrade in early 2021 when the admins are apparently the only ones who can approve them).
Actually the staff cares about this site. The spambots are just sending their ads when most of the downtime is going on or when most of the moderators are sleeping. We can't go without sleep.
The moderators actually do a good job of deleting the posts when they are doing their daily job.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Actually the staff cares about this site. The spambots are just sending their ads when most of the downtime is going on or when most of the moderators are sleeping. We can't go without sleep.
The moderators actually do a good job of deleting the posts when they are doing their daily job.

Exactly. We're only human. We do our best to try to stay on top of it. The bots are just very persistent.

Pokefan_1987

Exactly. We're only human. We do our best to try to stay on top of it. The bots are just very persistent.
Too frequent and persistent. But i have an idea.

You could implement a form of "flood control" but for posting kinda like those used by forums that prevent people from making too much advanced searching within a short time span.

This could prevent suspicious new accounts from making too many threads/posts within a 5/10 timespan.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member

You could implement a form of "flood control" but for posting kinda like those used by forums that prevent people from making too much advanced searching within a short time span.

This could prevent suspicious new accounts from making too many threads/posts within a 5/10 timespan.

That's a pretty good idea. Thing is, they find a workaround pretty quickly.

I remember when I first saw these kind of bots. Over on Sony's forums. They had up to around 30 pages of spam at one point due to them.

Went and looked them up and people were unable to stop them due to the fast adaption. Someone mentioned having them in a separate quarantine area, but it didn't last for long.

Pokefan_1987

That's a pretty good idea. Thing is, they find a workaround pretty quickly.

I remember when I first saw these kind of bots. Over on Sony's forums. They had up to around 30 pages of spam at one point due to them.

Went and looked them up and people were unable to stop them due to the fast adaption. Someone mentioned having them in a separate quarantine area, but it didn't last for long.
Sheesh 30 pages ? And they keep getting a workaround ? Those things just keep getting more advanced and probably have a smart employee controlling them after they assign names with a name generator.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Sheesh 30 pages ? And they keep getting a workaround ? Those things just keep getting more advanced and probably have a smart employee controlling them after they assign names with a name generator.

Yep. I didn't envy their staff. And I was caught in a ban wave once due to them matching my ip. A friend of mine had to contact staff so they could reverse the ban. I keep that in mind whenever there are bots around. I double check ips to be on the safe side. Yea they do, kind of like hackers do. Exactly.

SoraFan23

Generation 4 was how I got into Pokémon
Oh dear where do I even start here is all the things that just gets on my nerves in life:

1. People who cut you off when driving
2. People who don't remember the things you told them despite telling them many times.
3. Computer always being slow
4. Whenever there is Thunderstorm I always I have to unplug everything so that my stuff doesn't get destroyed by a lighting strike.
5. Whenever I go into a public bathroom there is always disgusting stuff all over the place it makes me want to vomit.
6. When Doctors keep giving you lectures about how to loose weight despite hearing this so many times.
7. People who think that they can solve others problems without having experiencing what problems said person goes through.
8. Whenever you hear "I'll always be there for you" it never seems to be the case as the years go by and they forget about you.
9. Whenever the Power goes out during the middle of a game or TV show.
10. This is a me problem, but I despise loud noises because it hurts my ears and it gives me a headache.

Mirai

what annoys me most of the time is videogame web sites and their stupid messageboard moderators etc.

Especially Neoseeker and Gamefaqs where if you sign up for the first time they automatically think youre using your account for suspicious activity.

Dunno what their problem is. This how they treat new members all the time when someone is trying to sign up to even try to post in their stupid messageboards?

I remember Neoseeker banned my account once but never gave me an answer about why. I had only made a couple posts using that account and none of them were problematic so idk what happened. Also I hate Gamefaqs. They're too under-moderated and there's a lot of spam that goes unpunished.

Then the site needs to hire more moderators because it seems like there aren't any online during the night hours at all. A few times I've visited the forum at night only to find like 5-7 pages of pure spambot topics in the What's New tab.

Good luck getting Joe to implement a successful fix like that. If he hasn't already done this after 10+ years of spambot hell, idk why he'd suddenly do something about it now.

Bownzinho

- Reviews and Articles showing up on my feeds saying “<Insert title> gets low/high score on Metacritic/Rotten Tomatoes”. I cannot thing of anything less relevant to my thoughts on a film or game than what other people think of it.

- not just my wife making me listen to Facebook short, tiktok and YouTube short videos but the default female voice, people who post montages of pranks but repeat the prank name before each clip and that “oh no, oh no, oh no no no no no” song that is played a lot annoy the hell out of me.

Last edited:

Bownzinho

Oh dear where do I even start here is all the things that just gets on my nerves in life:

1. People who cut you off when driving
2. People who don't remember the things you told them despite telling them many times.
3. Computer always being slow
4. Whenever there is Thunderstorm I always I have to unplug everything so that my stuff doesn't get destroyed by a lighting strike.
5. Whenever I go into a public bathroom there is always disgusting stuff all over the place it makes me want to vomit.
6. When Doctors keep giving you lectures about how to loose weight despite hearing this so many times.
7. People who think that they can solve others problems without having experiencing what problems said person goes through.
8. Whenever you hear "I'll always be there for you" it never seems to be the case as the years go by and they forget about you.
9. Whenever the Power goes out during the middle of a game or TV show.
10. This is a me problem, but I despise loud noises because it hurts my ears and it gives me a headache.
I certainly qualify as that person from number 2 who can’t remember stuff despite being told many times but can remember the most inane things from 25 years ago.

SoraFan23

Generation 4 was how I got into Pokémon
Another thing that bothers me is that when people ask for help and you try giving them tips and advice, but then you can get the "I know already" type of attitude from them calling your names as if you insulted them. I swear I will never understand these type of people.

WildHennaCharizard

The many Spam bots ,not only on this site but other sites I have accounts on as well
Just recently DA has made changes to allow A.I art bs, and after years on being on there I finally have to call a quits. Have to gather what I can of my art there and than delete my account.
All the Scarlet and Violet leaks. Some of us what to be surprised! TAG YOUR Spoilers!

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
The many Spam bots ,not only on this site but other sites I have accounts on as well
Just recently DA has made changes to allow A.I art bs, and after years on being on there I finally have to call a quits. Have to gather what I can of my art there and than delete my account.
All the Scarlet and Violet leaks. Some of us what to be surprised! TAG YOUR Spoilers!

Definitely. Spam bots are a pain. Saw around 20 or so pages of them over on Playstations old forums once.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

God damn winter weather,there's little to no good that comes out of it,if you're a kid you might get snow days depending on how many inches of snow.But getting up early just to shovel the driveway and getting the snow off your vehicle so you have enough time to get to work.Worrying about your car not starting up or black ice on the roads which can potentially cause you to slide and get in an accident depending on your speed,it's a pain in the ass man.Luckily I haven't reached the point where I feel like moving to another state that has hot weather all year long.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
When people stand too close behind me in line, people who talk too loud on their phone, and people that take up the sidewalk.

Agreed about the standing too close, especially with Covid and other viruses around. Add in people who figure that the pandemic is over and they don't have to wear a mask. It puts people at risk who are immunocompromised, etc.. Just downright thoughtless and selfish behavior.