• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that annoy you in the XY Anime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bonnie has been the most genuine character this season. She's also been the funniest. The XY cast would be dead without her.

Opinions, man: opinions- we all have them.

You're free to like Bonnie or anyone, but not all of us do, of course- I don't find her funny at all and I think, if she was either handled better more often like in "Flabebe and the Fairy Flower," or not even in the XY cast, it would be better.

Last edited:

Soniman

Break the Limit
after 48 episode still no dynamic [/I]in XY group and TR appear in korrina gym battle kinda make me afraid they gonna pop up in every gym battle just forsake appearing

There's actually a couple of them? Though I guess everyone has a different viewpoint on what the term "dynamic" actually means.

LizardonX

Banned
Bonnie having her soul eaten by a shedinja would make the show sooooo much better.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Ash and TR still being in the show. Yeah, I know these two are never leaving, but it honestly still annoys me that in a series promoting Pokemon XY the main character is still Ash. It annoys me that every XY character is secondary to Ash, a character who should have had his story end years ago. It annoys me that they keep introducing the female leads and they are always secondary to Ash and are limited by him and cannot ever get above a certain level because Ash isn't there. And the more I watch XY the more I wish XY did a clean slate with Calem or someone else in the XY hero role. And TR, yeah I don't believe they serve any real purpose anymore.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
One thing that surprises me is every character Ash has on his group now is a blonde. In no previous saga did every character have the same hair color.

Ash traveling with 3 blonde's, even though Serena is slightly darker.

Mega Typhlosion

1 - Team Rocket
2 - Jesse
3 - Team Rocket
4 - Meowth
5 - Team Rocket
6 - Ash's dumbness
7 - Team Rocket

Seriously I always skip the TR parts. They're so useless on the show!
I had some hope for them at the beginning of BW but they returned to their normal selves soon and it's getting so but so ANNOYING!

Benny™

Best Wishes Do Come True Under The Sun & Moon
1 - Team Rocket
2 - Jesse
3 - Team Rocket
4 - Meowth
5 - Team Rocket
6 - Ash's dumbness
7 - Team Rocket

Seriously I always skip the TR parts. They're so useless on the show!
I had some hope for them at the beginning of BW but they returned to their normal selves soon and it's getting so but so ANNOYING!

I couldn't agree more, they eat up screen time that other people can use while still contributing nothing.

Last edited:
Ash and TR still being in the show. Yeah, I know these two are never leaving, but it honestly still annoys me that in a series promoting Pokemon XY the main character is still Ash. It annoys me that every XY character is secondary to Ash, a character who should have had his story end years ago. It annoys me that they keep introducing the female leads and they are always secondary to Ash and are limited by him and cannot ever get above a certain level because Ash isn't there. And the more I watch XY the more I wish XY did a clean slate with Calem or someone else in the XY hero role. And TR, yeah I don't believe they serve any real purpose anymore.

Same, but sadly they're not going anywhere...I feel your pain, though, as I don't like it either.

Their current English dub voices really bother me, too: I can't stand them at all- they do not fit them at all in my eyes.
The lines of dialogue/script writing for all 4 of them is WAY worse than it was in the past as well, to add on to that.

I couldn't agree more, they eat up screen time that other people can use while still contributing nothing

Yup: this is Team Rocket in XY- useless, pointless, and annoying.

Last edited:
I just can't believe the DA arc and a radio show weren't enough "funny" Team Rocket...

Nope, because watching Meowth pee on Jessie and having James giggle at it wasn't juvenille and immature enough: I can't believe how far Team Rocket have fallen- it's hard to believe these are the same characters I used to love in the OS...they're not even recognizable as who they once were, in my opinion.

chalkus

One thing that surprises me is every character Ash has on his group now is a blonde. In no previous saga did every character have the same hair color.

Ash traveling with 3 blonde's, even though Serena is slightly darker.

I wonder if this is coincidental or calculated. Typically shows like to have people of differing hair colors to differentiate them.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I wonder if this is coincidental or calculated. Typically shows like to have people of differing hair colors to differentiate them.

The fact that none of the 5 female leads who traveled with Ash ever had a "repeated hair color" says enough in itself.

If we ever have another red-head all people would do, would say she looks like Misty or is a Misty clone. Let's hope it never comes to that.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
this may be an old thing that annoys me but I hated the coordinator judge panel on DP anime. their comments nearly gave me headaches from their stupidity. mr contesta was just annoying, plain yogurt/sukizo was so bland and useless(worst of the trio), nurse joy was the least annoying.

as for XY: Ash with Science is amazing, C0lemont's inventions and naming are horrible. I don't hate Bonnie yet but she's still a tad bit annoying. I did like TR when they were actually successful or atleast rarely blasted off in DP or unova.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
no thanks to rewatching DP it took me some time to see every single ep. at the time I made the post I wasn't sure if it was DP or Unova where they were actually useful to their organization. I actually liked the Unova TR, it was good to see them win or break even. the blast off version is funny but it does get old fast unless they get blast off from something not related to the ash group.

no thanks to rewatching DP it took me some time to see every single ep. at the time I made the post I wasn't sure if it was DP or Unova where they were actually useful to their organization. I actually liked the Unova TR, it was good to see them win or break even. the blast off version is funny but it does get old fast unless they get blast off from something not related to the ash group.
Yeah, it was Unova where they were actually useful, not DP.

pokemon fan 132

Seeing how things which annoy me are simply manifestation of subjective perception on things and certain decisions, character behavior and way story plots, protagonists and overall tone of adventure is executed there is no guarantee how others would necessarily have same line of thinking like i do.

But before i start complicating and overanalyzing my thoughts, here are things which dont satisfy me about current series:

-for start i wish there is present more dimension and variety in dynamic bewtween characters in current XY cast. I mean yes its nice to have peaceful, reserved and positive relationship between group of friends whith ranbow and sunshine everywhere. But its abit extreme for my taste and there should exist some health balance with Ash, Clemont, Bonnie and Serena both being understanding, full of support and motivation for eaxh other. While also having their disagreements, differences in opinion and at least sometime conflict, suspense going on. Sarcastic remarks, jokes and rival like moments in trying to outplay themselves when pursuing same prize or thing they want to achieve.

Because wider diapason of interactions is in main cast, chemistry will be richer. There will be more interchangeable and natural flow of expressions, emotions and virtues or flaws circulating between main characters adding to their complexity and depth.

Unlike its case now with everyone perhaps getting along too well, friendly, unconditionally supportive and nice. From very start and onwards taking away from credibility and realism. Because for deveopment of strong, genuine and close, more meaningful friendship it takes time not happening over night.

-lack of rivals or villains. I always thought presence of conflict, motivation and difficulties on someone journey added for more substsantial storyline. Characters like Gary or Paul really did managed to bring some of Ash best characteristics increasing his range of emotions and personality traits. Making him feel anxious, selfquestion his own strategy and have reason to catch up to someone and better himself. Honorable mentions go to travel companions with more ardour and passion like Misty who thanks to witty remarks, challenging Ash ego and critcicizing him for flaws awakened some of that bratty, impulsive and humble aspect of said character to extent.

Absence of some major danger, struggles and maturity in whole Kalos is problem as well imo. There is way too much positivity, sugar and sweetness like Ash and his friends are in Utopia world. No major villains(Lysandre and Team Flare still havent even debut in main show), no sense of negativity and urgency showing how not everything will always be ok. How injuries, loses and failures can and will happen needing to be prepared and learn how to fight back .

There is way too much peace, cuteness and corny elements going between main cast, any character pr possible rival(see Tierno, Trevor, Shauna, Sanpei) they encounter. Or whole XY storyline so far in general dumbing down on emotions, personalities and realism of world and journey through it. Giving one sided picture of how life, people and things work.

At least for now. Ill leave room to change my mind if something comes later down the road proving me different.

-Serena character until lately was someone which didn't annoyed me persay, but she did disapppointed me. Due to almost never battling, not having much desire to catch new pokemon, train or actively pursue various competitions in which other members of cast like Clemont or Ash participated or take initiative when opportunity arises to help save the day herself.

Seeming like her whole purpose behind going on journey initially and travel was because of Ash delivering bad message of coming of as dependant character which dont have much agency, identity and uniquenes to herself.

Which i would have no problems with if whole idea of Serena going as character through idea of soul searching trying to find her own calling was elaborated upon and received actual focus giving insight in character

Feeling how if writers intention was to unfold Serena selfquestioning and indecision of what she should do in slow, drawn out way it should have been treated more consistent, congruous and better defined. Not waiting with it until Summer camp just lingering kinda there in meantime reminding viewers of this heating problem but never getting proper build up and emphasis.

However much of disappointment i had with Serena character is slowly starting to decrease with each new episode more and more. Starting to receive more emphasis . If slight increase in activity and Summer camp arc, capture of mischief Pancham(that pokemon is one of better ones in XY group imo) and whole pokemon performer with character soon enough entrance is something to go by. With Serena excitement and interest in becoming more productive positively surprising me, starting to ponder what is she exactly doing and is there goal and occupation for her in this world to follow and be of more help to her friends which accepted her in their group.

So on that aspect alone im giving this character benefit of the doubt in coming of as more likable and memorable to watch. Still i dont like how much accentuation writers delivered with whole girly girl stereotype this character has going for it, even more so with that terrible new ending. Lacking more dimension to her personality and profoundness bringing some decisive, flaring and energetic ambition to character . Because to me personally characterization seems kinda monotone, quiet and borderline submissive at times.

List is albeit short, but than again other plots and elements in Kalos adventure didnt really began, so currently i dont have more to add. Or not add in case i got pleased with direction in which things are played out.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Outside of shipping Serena has been rather underwhelming in terms of her lack of screentime or development. It feels like the writers designed her to be the nice, sweet girl who has a crush on Ash...but that's really all she is. Most episodes she fades away into the background and hardly does anything.

The upcoming titles suggest she does a bit more, but her goal lacking any type of battling just kills it. Hard to believe we're over a year into XY and Serena has only had one or two trainer battles (not counting TR), and only two Pokemon.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
I don't really get where Team Rocket fits into all this. They'e not funny, nor are they threatening. So, what are they doing here?

Another thing is that even though I like Serena, she should've battled a bit. I'm okay with Performing having no battling at all, but a few of them wouldn't go amiss.

Otherwise I think XY is the best season to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.