• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that annoy you in the XY Anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScraftyIsTheBest

No need to worry!
-Ash's horrible English voice, and horrible lines of dialogue (e.g. "Now where is my next Polka-mon hangin' out," "It's amazin' that science is so amazing," "Alright, Froakie, time to put your foot on the gas," "Whoa, he disappeared really fast, no doubt!").

- Bonnie's characterization, as well as her horrible English voice and horrible line of dialogue (e.g. "Happy, happy Bonnie," "Cutier Pie," "Happy, happy, everyone's so happy").

- Serena in general until Episode 40 or so, but even now, she is too much of a reticent heroine for my taste.

- Team Rocket's characterization, as well as their horrible English voices, and horrible lines of dialogue ranging from stupid alliterations to dumb assonance, plus pretty much everything in between with them, really.

Not gonna lie, it seems like you hate XY so much that you are willing to post rants about it at least a million times on threads like this. You seem to like repeating the same things over and over.

That said...I'd say Team Rocket is really my biggest qualm with the series so far, aside from XY029 they really serve little to no purpose and are shoehorned into the episodes they are in...outside of that, they are like out of place. It's kind of a shame because they have had interesting personalities in the past, though they've been useless for a long, long time so I guess it doesn't matter.

Honestly though I actually find Bonnie to be okay. She's what I expect from a little child like her, she has a decent dynamic with the other characters, though I don't find her "Find a Wife for Clemont" gag amusing like I did with Brock's gag. She has shown a bit of personality, and her dialogue I'd honestly say is fitting for someone who is none other than a little girl who is far from the age to be able to own a Pokemon. She's far from the best character, not really an outstanding one tbh, but I don't think she's really extremely terrible either.

As far as the dub and the dialogue, I think that's at the fault of TPCi lol...I guess they might need to step it up a little in the dubbing department lol.

Not gonna lie, it seems like you hate XY so much that you are willing to post rants about it at least a million times on threads like this. You seem to like repeating the same things over and over.

That said...I'd say Team Rocket is really my biggest qualm with the series so far, aside from XY029 they really serve little to no purpose and are shoehorned into the episodes they are in...outside of that, they are like out of place. It's kind of a shame because they have had interesting personalities in the past, though they've been useless for a long, long time so I guess it doesn't matter.

Honestly though I actually find Bonnie to be okay. She's what I expect from a little child like her, she has a decent dynamic with the other characters, though I don't find her "Find a Wife for Clemont" gag amusing like I did with Brock's gag. She has shown a bit of personality, and her dialogue I'd honestly say is fitting for someone who is none other than a little girl who is far from the age to be able to own a Pokemon. She's far from the best character, not really an outstanding one tbh, but I don't think she's really extremely terrible either.

As far as the dub and the dialogue, I think that's at the fault of TPCi lol...I guess they might need to step it up a little in the dubbing department lol.

Whatever you say, but I have a right to an opinion and I can say what I want as long as I'm not disrespecting any particular user on here's opinion if they disagree, so that's how I feel on the matter.

I agree with you on Team Rocket.

I don't expect a little girl her age (if she was younger, then it'd be okay) to be talking in the third person about herself to us and to even make up words that mean nothing like "Cutier Pie," but that's just me. I also don't think the gag is amusing because she's a little girl, and no little girl I've ever met in real life tries to find a wife for their older brother: Brock's made sense because he was a teenager, so that's why it was fine, but it WAS run into the ground more in DP. Furthermore, contrasting with her another younger sibling on the show, Max, she clearly pales in comparison to him in most departments. Her dynamic is fine, though, I have no problem with her there apart from it being a bit weak with Ash.

Most of what I dislike about XY is mainly from the TPCi dub, minus TR and Bonnie.

Last edited:

nuzamaki90

The fact that Sanpei and Miette haven't appeared since their debut

They are so perfect for Ash and Serena that I'd be extremely pissed if they were both just one-off COTD's

The fact that Sanpei and Miette haven't appeared since their debut

They are so perfect for Ash and Serena that I'd be extremely pissed if they were both just one-off COTD's
Speaking of Sanpei I think he will appear sometime after the 3rd or 4th gym or when Froakie has evolved into Frogadier, hopefully he has a Greninja the next time we see him just like his brother Ippei.

MaddieShinx

Pokémon Breeder
To be honest, when I first played the games (both X and Y) I was so looking forward to the anime. But boy...dreams crushed, because I honestly can't stand the character of Bonnie, or even really Clement or Serena. I see Bonnie as just a kid shoved in there as filler, and her attitude of trying to find a wife for Clement got annoying after like 3 episodes because it just isn't for any reasoning and purpose. As for Clement, he's a gym leader, and an inventor/scientist and yet all he does is have things blow up in his face, and barely ever gets to use Chespin or Bunnelby. Serena, yeah sure she's Ash's childhood friend and everything, but oh my god I can't stand her attitude. Just striving to be a Poke-Star. Remember back when the girl that traveled with Ash didn't just sit there? Serena does nothing except run her mouth. Get her to start earning badges, do contests like Dawn, I don't care what she does just get her to do something and make her useful.

NPT

Just a member
Team Rocket. It was a nice change of pace when they became serious in BW, but now they're back to their goofy selves again. I can't stand them!

* People b*tching about frubble.

* the creepy sexual undertones when certain people are talking about chespin.

* Pocket Monsters XY Character Speculation Thread - Stop Talking About Unova!

LOL, so true!

I agree with you there.

ChampionRed

That Serena has been rather useless thus far, though that will change in time. The only thing going for her so far is her crush on Ash.

Last edited:

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Again I think BW set the forums standards soo low that nearly every XY episode is considered a masterpiece, which is pretty much far from the truth. I don't mind rehashes, I mind presentation, I haven't been provided with much outside of the 2 gym battles thus far (and the capture episodes)

That Serena has been rather useless thus far, though that will change in time. The only thing going for her so far is her crush on Ash.
IDK maybe it will never change... maybe that's her entire purpose

Janovy

Banned
Ash is far too glorified. There, I said it. That annoys me so much.

I don't know if the writers are trying to redeem themselves for the **** he did in BW but it's gotta stop.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
IDK maybe it will never change... maybe that's her entire purpose
I really hope that's not the case :x

I don't know if the writers are trying to redeem themselves for the **** he did in BW but it's gotta stop.

I agree with this so much. It really pisses me off since they're neglecting Serena for totally pointless characters that can't develop anymore since they'll lose it again sometime in the future, which is both Ash and Team Rocket.

nameman

Go back to the final episode of Unova. The returns to Pallet always hint at the direction the next series will take. This should have been expected with what was shown to us.

The only thing about XY that actually annoys me is the excessive TRio appearances. It's now reached the point where they're showing up too much again without any real purpose.

Janovy

Banned
Go back to the final episode of Unova. The returns to Pallet always hint at the direction the next series will take. This should have been expected with what was shown to us.
That does not make it any less annoying. Like, he's done enough already to show he's competent. He can stop now.

nameman

That does not make it any less annoying. Like, he's done enough already to show he's competent. He can stop now.

One could argue that they're starting to slow that down with XY041 since Ash almost got himself killed while trying to save Bonnie. The rest of the way will likely have less Ash being actiony unless he has to be.

Janovy

Banned
One could argue that they're starting to slow that down with XY041 since Ash almost got himself killed while trying to save Bonnie. The rest of the way will likely have less Ash being actiony unless he has to be.
I hope that's the case. Because Ash stealing the moment from Clemont was totally unnecessary.

MattySadler

Not just XY, more of a general Pokemon Anime complaint.

I've always hated how the writers litter the anime with recurring gags and catchphrases. I don't think the anime would be harmed if it didn't have any recurring gags and catchphrases. In fact, I'd probably enjoy it more.

Jangobadass

Surprise!
- Clement. I can see where they were going with his inventions, but it got old quick. Though I think the creative staff caught one because his inventions are becoming more useful (and not doing that blackened/poofy hair thing as much).

- Not doing much with Serena. To be fair, there's not a big side feature in Gen 6 to give her a storyline with like with Contests, nor is she a former Gym Leader trying to be the best with her type. To be more fair, I imagine the creative staff doesn't want to rush things like with Iris and leave her with a very confused storyline & an unbalanced team. I like her, but I wish they'd do more with her.

Other than that, I'm cool with XY thus far. Heck, I'm liking the Trio the most I have since the First Half of AG! :p

Also, bunch XY's issues are ones the TV Show has almost ALWAYS suffered from.

Last edited:

Starsurfer

Pokemon Idol
My sole issue with XY (well... my most prominent one. The rest are minor annoyances) is the writer's current approach to Serena, which is to say them doing nothing at all with her.

Let me preface by saying that I like Serena. I am not one of the people who have been whining about her since since the first few episodes and actually don't even mind that she doesn't have a specific goal. If she were to spend most of her time with Ash trying new things and finding herself, I would be okay with that. But the writers don't seem to be doing ANYTHING of value with her. I mean there was the Rhyhorn racing (which I view more as the "get to know Serena episode" instead of an episode where she truly is the focus), the PokeVision and the pokepuff contest with Miette. That's it. What's more, she still has only Fennekin and only JUST NOW had her first true battle. (TR do not count) And of course she gets her tail handed to her.

Look, I know she can't get all or even a majority of the focus in the series and I'm okay with the fact that the writers are taking a less focused approach to her character. But it feels like 90% the time, they're doing nothing with her at all. She's just kinda there. And THAT bugs me. Have her battle, give her another contest to partake in, have her start making PokeVision videos more frequently... Just have her do SOMETHING!

And by the gods, LET HER CATCH ANOTHER POKEMON ALREADY! At this point, I'd even view her catching that hideous monstrosity that is Diggersby as an improvement...

Last edited:

Eruantiel

And by the gods, LET HER CATCH ANOTHER POKEMON ALREADY! At this point, I'd even view her catching that hideous monstrosity that is Diggersby as an improvement...

In my opinion, Diggersby looks like a Pedophile. Or like the Easter bunny who comes each year to steal your soul, happiness, hopes and dreams, then crush it right infront of you, and burn it while you are forced to watch. . . Dat smile...... ATROCIOUS! By far my most hated Pokemon!!!!

I'd rather have one of Ash and Co get killed off than want to see Diggersby having a main part in the series....

Last edited:

Navin

MALDREAD
In my opinion, Diggersby looks like a Pedophile. Or like the Easter bunny who comes each year to steal your soul, happiness, hopes and dreams, then crush it right infront of you, and burn it while you are forced to watch. . . Dat smile...... ATROCIOUS! By far my most hated Pokemon!!!!

I'd rather have one of Ash and Co get killed off than want to see Diggersby having a main part in the series....

How can you not like Lopunny's sugar daddy?

Diggersby Tho.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.