• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that annoy you in the XY Anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
I don't know if the writers are trying to redeem themselves for the **** he did in BW but it's gotta stop.

Ash's track record in this gen and Serena being the polar opposite of Iris makes me feel like that's exactly what they're doing. lol.

They need to get their balance back.

k6666

Pikachu Fan
Again I think BW set the forums standards soo low that nearly every XY episode is considered a masterpiece, which is pretty much far from the truth.

Agree, people should just let BW hate go cause it sometime annoy me that people just say that XY saga who only 40+ episode better then entire bw saga which isn't imo

Ash is far too glorified. There, I said it. That annoys me so much.

I don't know if the writers are trying to redeem themselves for the **** he did in BW but it's gotta stop.

agree like Dawn+Serena fan said , it kinda annoy me that the writer develop character who gonna forget his CD development this saga in the next saga and left the new character who need development more cause how much time they have before being replace :( sigh

Jangobadass

Surprise!
Another thing I don' like:

The lack of supporting/recurring characters. It was in the 30s with either with Diantha or Korrina (depending on how you look at it), that we started getting more supporting/(hopefully) recurring characters besides Sycamore and Alexa. By that time in AG, DP, and BW several had been introduced. I can only hope the trend is reversed from here on out and the cast steadily grows. Because the COTD population is the highest its been since the OS and I'm not happy about it.

Last edited:

Janovy

Banned
I think we could see more of Ash using older pokemon and swapping.
Not yet. I do REALLY want to see old Pokemon in the League.

There is no reason for Ash not to use them. Everyone else will, so can he.

Thriller

Its almost time
I think we could see more of Ash using older pokemon and swapping.

I strongly approve of Charizard and Sceptile returning for them to Mega Evolve. Even though I hate the concept, I guess the franchise can still keep it. If it means more screen time for older Ash Pokemon.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
It has been mypet peeve but i miss volt tackle...Wich leads ti my next pet peeve the abuse of TOTALLY COOL SPHERE ATTACKS.

The TRio is fine, just a bit forced some times. Also chespin wasted potential and horrible future as oshawott 2.0.

Bonerush hitting hawlucha felt so wrong...but oh well anime vs game logic.

Janovy

Banned
Bone Rush made sense though. It's not like the move is like an earthquake that a Flying type can evade.

LizardonX

Banned
It has been mypet peeve but i miss volt tackle...Wich leads ti my next pet peeve the abuse of TOTALLY COOL SPHERE ATTACKS.

The TRio is fine, just a bit forced some times. Also chespin wasted potential and horrible future as oshawott 2.0.

Next thing you know you'll be able to aim your attacks manually and hitting the horn of a ground type with thunderbolt forces the attack through.

WaterTypeWarrior

I'm kinda implied to agree with you about how Chespin's gonna go, but it doesn't bother me so much because I'm one of the few who actually liked Oshawott (and Dawn's Piplup for that matter). But i do think it's possible for it to evolve into at least Quilladin while still being able to pull off it's current personality. I have absolutely no hope of it fully evolving into Chesnaught, though.

In fact, Froakie is the only starter in the group that I can legitimately see fully evolving this series, purely because it's the only starter this series whose personality suits its final form. There's no way that Chesnaught could pull off Chespin's cutesy personality and I don't see a Delphox being the type of Pokemon to care about it's appearance. I could see Quilladin and Braixen happening, but definitely nothing beyond that.

It's possible that the writers could surprise me, as they've done many times before (definitely never saw Dawn with a Mamoswine or Ash with an Aipom or Hawlucha), but unless they change the starters' personalities as they evolve, I don't think it'll happen. Especially considering the only starter to ever undergo a personality change in the main cast was Ash's Charizard, and that was a long time ago (May's Torchic might count too, but I think that one's debatable).

phanpycross

God-king
The lack of focus on froakie.

For being the main starter of the region, froakie hasnt even starred in a gym yet, and the writers really seem to be putting an extreme amount of focus on pikachu, which he quite frankly doesnt need after being on the cast for 5 regions.

zhixun

Serena started the battle actively in XY047. She should stop flaming Yancham and let Fokko do something else instead of battles.

The most annoying thing for me is the abysmal English dubbing, closely followed by Team Rocket being more useless, pointless, and annoying than ever.

Also, dumb catchphrases:

"Science is so amazin'!" - Ash
"It's amazin' that Science is so amazin'!" - Ash
"The future is now thanks to Science!" - Clemont

Finally, stupid running gags that aren't original, funny, or creative, like Bonnie trying to get a wife for Clemont, or Clemont's inventions failing.

Last edited:

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Serena hardly doing anything but being shipping bait in the 1st year of XY. Ever since the summer camp arc though, her development has been a complete 180 from her 1st year of inactivity.

Nodame

Misty <3
The group dynamic. There is no chemistry, lacks entertainment value and the characters are very generic, specially Serena, I don't even know what to say anymore.

Last edited:

GalaxianEX

Lack of a proper rival.

BW had very lackluster rivals, and the writers someone managed to make it even worse for XY... Are Shauna and the other suppose to be it? Because I can't take them seriously as rivals.

I really miss Paul...

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I really wish Serena gets an antagonistic rival, she really needs one imo, and XY really needs some conflict, it's really lacking in that so far, and Team Rocket isn't very good at being the conflict imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.