1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Things that aren't Pokemon yet

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Kung Fu Ferret, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Kung Fu Ferret

Kung Fu Ferret The Next God

Since the old thread is nowhere to be found, I thought I'd make a new one. (Maybe I'm in the wrong section?)

There are countless animals, plants, and objects that haven't been turned into official Pokémon. (NOTE: This is not a thread for Gen 8 speculation or whatnot).

Let me start this thread by saying that a lot of extinct species from Earth's natural history have not been represented by Game Freak in the Pokémon universe. I myself am disappointed by the lack of any mammalian fossil Pokémon.

Sure, you could go with the usual "woolly mammoth/sabertooth cat" duo. However, there are so many other lesser-known ancient mammals that need love, too. Prehistoric rhinos and giant sloths come to mind for me.

Also, even though they're quite alive and well, I'd love to see a leopard gecko Pokémon. I think it would be adorable.

2. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Werewolf of London

A sabertooth cat Pokemon could be pretty neat.

A prehistoric rhino could be neat as well.

How about a velociraptor?

Argentarus likes this.
  3. LadyTriox

LadyTriox ~Korrina in her little white dress :) <3~

Theres no pokemon themed on chocolate yet xD

4. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff

What about Shiny Slurpup?

5. Lykouros

Lykouros Wheel of Time fan

Argentarus likes this.
  6. Captain Jigglypuff

Poison would work too!

7. Lykouros

Lykouros Wheel of Time fan

Good point! I knew there was a type I was forgetting.

8. octoboy

octoboy I Crush Everything

Vigoroth seems to share more with ground sloths than it does modern ones. Though really, that seems to be pretty common with prehistoric creatures. Often, they'll be vaguely incorporated into non-prehistoric pokémon when they evolve or just in general. A glyptodon pokémon sounds pretty cool, but could it be done without being more-or-less a rock-typed chesnaught?

Then again, there's still a prehistoric sauropod pokémon, despite meganium and tropius being made before it, so I guess it isn't a complete write-off. Still though, one has to wonder if extinct species need to be depicted as extinct pokémon to be properly represented.

Hmmm, there's nothing close to a puffin yet, is there? It would be neat to see one which could evolve into a great auk-type thing. Though yeah, seabirds tend to be doomed to get stuck with the water/flying typing, which always makes them wide open to electricity, but still, it's something not done.

Also, I'm still waiting for my rat-tailed-maggot > water scorpion/giant water bug hybrid. And a line which incorporates backswimmers and water boatmen. And pretty much bugs in general, for having a type named after them, they sure are rare inspiration for pokémon (there's like, surskit, and that's it? Maybe shuckle and nincada if you want to push it?). Also, aphids. Give ledyba and ledian something to eat, dammit.

Also, an ostracod would make a good water/grass type, wouldn't it? It's also known as a seed shrimp, so it would be pretty funny to do that.

9. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

Was Shiny Slurpuff's shiny intentionally designed?

10. LadyTriox

Oh wow you're right xD Just looked it up.

Than hmn.

Theres no pokemon based on cake yet :p Or strawberries either.

11. Captain Jigglypuff

Slurpuff is sort of a cake. It's based on a meringue which can be used on cakes.

12. oarfish

oarfish #1 Lanturn Owner

I said this on the old thread, and I will say it here: I would really like an oarfish Pokémon.

Sure, we have deep-water fish Pokémon now, but none are that close to an oarfish. The ones we have currently are only a few feet at most, and they do not have a body shape like an oarfish.
    I have had many ideas about hot this would work in the past, and I am sure it could work in general as a Pokémon in the future.

13. LadyTriox

I don't think they have this yet; Some cutesy psychic type pokemon that fights with a giant hypnosis inducing lolipop :p

That would be awesome if they made a pokemon like that. It easily could be a psychic/fairy type, too.

14. Kung Fu Ferret

Kung Fu Ferret The Next God

I came up with an idea for a split Evo line. A satyr that evolves into either a Minotaur or a centaur.

15. Requiem Aeternam

Requiem Aeternam Dance like an eggplant!

This would be amazing. I've always wanted a Centaur like Pokemon although I always pictured such a Pokemon as a legendary.

Also still waiting for my peacock Pokemon.

16. Captain Jigglypuff

I'm waiting on a dolphin and a crane.

17. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

Everyone is waiting for a dolphin. Question is, which dolphin do you want to see?

Purely item-wise, I want to see them do a Pokemon based on mercury. That would be a really neat way to introduce Steel/Poison. Maybe it could have an ability around temperature

18. LadyTriox

Your idea is awesome X3

Hmn what else do i wanna see....

A fairy type unicorn :p
    Perfect stereo typical girly girl pokemon lol

Evolve's into a fairy/flying alicorn unicorn/pegasus that would rock in battle? Things just got 100% cooler 8)

I do not regret this post. I don't want to. And yes i do like mlp.

OMG PLEEEASE JOIN THE HERD PEOPLE!! lolol~

....We've got chocolate cupcakes :3

19. raichu27

raichu27 Well-Known Member

Dolphin
    Housefly
    Fire Ant
    Mosquito
    Earthworm
    Turkey
    Emu
    Dalmatian