• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that aren't Pokemon yet

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
I am not used to the whole "multi-quote" feature here, so I will just post this instead.

@RedJirachi--I would be interested in that mercury idea. As a science enthusiast, I feel that would be quite interesting, and I find the typing to fit it nicely. I am not sure what the temperature-related ability would be, (perhaps something weather related?), but it could work well if done correctly.

@LadyTriox--I am also a marine biology enthusiast, and I like the rainbow trout as well. I think that a Pokémon based on that would be nice, and I feel that one of your type suggestions could work well for that also.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Everyone is waiting for a dolphin. Question is, which dolphin do you want to see?
Most likely a bottlenose or something similar. Technically there is a dolphin that has been pokéfied (namely the orca, which is a type of dolphin and which kyogre is pretty clearly based on), so when people say there should be a "dolphin pokémon", they likely mean they want a pokémon made out of the first kind that comes to mind when you hear "dolphin" (which isn't an orca).

Purely item-wise, I want to see them do a Pokemon based on mercury. That would be a really neat way to introduce Steel/Poison. Maybe it could have an ability around temperature
I like that idea. Maybe it could have progressively different power levels depending on the weather (maybe sun>sand>rain>hail?) or perhaps even have its power levels change depending on what sawsbuck is around (though that would mean fixing sawsbuck's schtick, which might be hard). If it's steel/poison type, maybe it could have a lead evolved form?

Also, perhaps it could get a few allusions to the Greek god incorporated into it? Hermes is pretty cool, right?

RedJirachi

Veteran member
@ Octoboy: Orcas are dolphins? Huh, could've fooled me. As for the temperature Pokemon, I was thinking that if exposed to heat aka Fire type moves it doesn't suffer damage, but rather its speed increases

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
I'd love to see a Pokemon based off an okapi! Oarfish's oarfish idea is pretty neat too! Horseshoe crabs would be pretty cool, as well. I know that Kabuto and Wimpod are kinda in that vein of design choice, but just one solely based off a horseshoe crab is what I'd like. Could be Water/Ground or just Water and maybe a special item it secretes/is made from it due to horseshoe crab blood being an important thing in the real world (sterility tests in hospitals).

octoboy

I Crush Everything
@ Octoboy: Orcas are dolphins? Huh, could've fooled me.
Even with their big, prominent dolphin-y dorsal fins? They're in the family, Delphinidae, so it's pretty safe to say they're dolphins.

As for the temperature Pokemon, I was thinking that if exposed to heat aka Fire type moves it doesn't suffer damage, but rather its speed increases
So, a fire version of motor drive, huh? Interesting, although doesn't mercury expand from heat? Might be interesting to incorporate that. Also, probably give it lots of confusion-inducing moves, considering its infamous ability to cause madness.

I'd love to see a Pokemon based off an okapi! Oarfish's oarfish idea is pretty neat too! Horseshoe crabs would be pretty cool, as well. I know that Kabuto and Wimpod are kinda in that vein of design choice, but just one solely based off a horseshoe crab is what I'd like. Could be Water/Ground or just Water and maybe a special item it secretes/is made from it due to horseshoe crab blood being an important thing in the real world (sterility tests in hospitals).

Not sure what kabuto itself looks like apart from one (I guess kabutops doesn't resemble one, but it's still a different pokémon). The blood idea sounds cool, even if potentially a bit dark. I'd say one creature which has also been pokéfied already, but potentially sold a bit short is odonata. Yeah, we've got yanma and yanmega, but why aren't there any that have naiad forms? I'd love a damselfly pokémon which started as a kickass water/bug type naiad. Maybe with an alternate dragon-type dragonfly evolved form. Not sure what the damselfly could be (it'd suck to get the masquerain treatment and go from water to flying), but I'd say it could easily be pretty cool.

Did I say locust yet? Pokémon's long due a proper orthopteran. The kricket line doesn't look like them at all, they just kind of chirp in a cricket-y way, and that's it. A grasshopper that can actually hop sounds cool. And mole crickets, those are pretty adorable, and would make great pokémon. Also, a flea, I've been imagining flea pokémon since I was a kid. Actually, there aren't a ton of pokémon based on parasites, are there? Imagine a louse pokémon, or maybe even something crazy like a tapeworm pokémon. Or how about a worm pokémon which can give shelmet an alternate evolved form with crazy eyes like those worms give some snails? Might be cool to go with that, then give karrablast an alternate grass-type evolved form in which it steals paras's mushroom, letting paras evolve into a ninjask-esque flying type? I guess it's just a matter of how reluctant the developers are to tow the line towards squick-factor.

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
Is there a lazer themed pokemon? I don't think there is yet. Could make for an interesting electric/dark type, to me :p Like, another dark type that uses light, similar to umbreon.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Is there a lazer themed pokemon? I don't think there is yet. Could make for an interesting electric/dark type, to me :p Like, another dark type that uses light, similar to umbreon.

Electric/Dark seems an ironic type combination for a laser-themed Pokemon, given lasers are literally light. Though given dark is evil in the Japanese, it could work if they use it to blind people and other dirty tricks

LadyTriox

An opossum XD I think that would make an awful pokemon since they always end up road kill around here though LOL

Kung Fu Ferret

The Usurper
Speaking of marsupials, a Pokemon based on Diprotodon, the largest one to ever exist, would be great, as would the Thylacoleo, which was the marsupial equivalent to a lion.

johno1995

I think it'd be cool for Pokemon based on cards (king/queen/ace or king/queen/joker trio?). I could see them being our first Ghost/Normal types.

I also want Rock/Electric and Rock/Poison lines for fossil 'mons: a velociraptor and a dilophosaurus (Jurassic Park reference?) plz.

An Electric/Poison porcupine would be cool too, as long as they don't waste it on the Pikaclone of the generation. I'd prefer a two-stage or three-stage line. Its quills could be both electrically charged and poisonous.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
A sea urchin Pokémon would be interesting to see. Toxipex is the closest thing we have to an urchin but that thing is a crown-o-thorns. We also need a Pokémon based on a gargoyle.

Kirby Dragons

We really need a zombie Pokémon.

malcolm_n

Pokemon Collector
Purely item-wise, I want to see them do a Pokemon based on mercury. That would be a really neat way to introduce Steel/Poison. Maybe it could have an ability around temperature
Or a form change from a solid to a liquid. When hit by a fire or electric attack, it becomes the liquid form, gaining speed and SpA in place of Def and Attack. When hit by a cold or water attack that isn't the "hot water" attack, it becomes solid, losing speed but gaining Def and Attack. That would be awesome.

OT: A frankenstein, ghost/electric physical tank would be cool to see, as would a trio based on fairy tales, so steel, dragon, and fairy.

I really want a platypus Pokemon and a more proper-looking kangaroo and spotted hyena Pokemon. Also, a Grass/Fire chili pepper.

Electric/Dark seems an ironic type combination for a laser-themed Pokemon, given lasers are literally light. Though given dark is evil in the Japanese, it could work if they use it to blind people and other dirty tricks

I came up for a concept of an Electric/Dark two stage raccoon line, Bandolt and Raccoonduct. The former is an electric bandit raccoon while the later wears an executioner hood and was also inspired by the electric chair.

LadyTriox

A pokemon based off soup? XD

I don't think there's candle themed pokemon yet either.