• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that aren't Pokemon yet

RedJirachi

Veteran member
What about Pokemon parodying some of Nintendo's other franchises?

Phillies

Imagine a Pokemon parody of Kiby. That would be something.

I'm in favor of Yoshi. They could have each color Yoshi be a different pokemon type.

I also want more fossil pokemon based off dinosaurs and other extinct animals. I am hoping when they do the remakes for Alola that they add another island that is the Pokémon world's version of Jurassic Park.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I’d like to see a Pokémon based on the jiangshi. It has to be Ghost and perhaps part Dark.

azrael07

A sea urchin Pokémon would be interesting to see. Toxipex is the closest thing we have to an urchin but that thing is a crown-o-thorns. We also need a Pokémon based on a gargoyle.

Druddigon is based on a gargoyle, BUT I would love to see one that's more traditionally done and not Dragon-typed, so like Rock/Flying

azrael07

From my other, similar thread.

I'd love a Fossil Pokémon based on Cavemen/Neanderthals. I picture them as a cross between the Hitmon line or the Mankey line and Cubone. It would be Rock/Fighting type.

More Shark Pokémon. There are too many species of Sharks out there for us to only have ONE shark Pokémon.

A dolphin Pokémon. Maybe as a starter.

A plague rat Pokémon. It would be similar to Alolan Rattata, with it's first stage being Dark/Poison and it's second stage maybe being Ghost/Poison.

A mosquito Pokémon. Not like Buzzswole, but more in line with common Bug Pokémon that you can catch early in the game.

A literal interpretation of a Cherry Bomb Pokémon. Would be Grass/Fire.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
From my other, similar thread.

I'd love a Fossil Pokémon based on Cavemen/Neanderthals. I picture them as a cross between the Hitmon line or the Mankey line and Cubone. It would be Rock/Fighting type.

More Shark Pokémon. There are too many species of Sharks out there for us to only have ONE shark Pokémon.

A dolphin Pokémon. Maybe as a starter.

A plague rat Pokémon. It would be similar to Alolan Rattata, with it's first stage being Dark/Poison and it's second stage maybe being Ghost/Poison.

A mosquito Pokémon. Not like Buzzswole, but more in line with common Bug Pokémon that you can catch early in the game.

A literal interpretation of a Cherry Bomb Pokémon. Would be Grass/Fire.

The cherry bomb could easily be an alternative evolution for Cherubi or an evolution for Cherrim. I say the former as it would make having Cherubi desirable and more spotlight.

katl14

A dolphin pokemon, a dolphin pokemon, a dolphin pokemon, did I say a dolphin pokemon? Okay great, but seriously why don't we have a dolphin pokemon yet!!!!

Kirby Dragons

It may not be a Fossil Pokémon, but Tangrowth is based on a caveman/Neanderthal. Maybe Tangrowth gets an evo similar to your idea?
As I've said, Garchomp is a shark Pokémon.
Druddigon is based on a gargoyle, BUT I would love to see one that's more traditionally done and not Dragon-typed, so like Rock/Flying
Aerodactyl, and especially Mega Aerodactyl, are already extremely gargoyle-y. And they're Rock/Flying.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
A Pokemon based off a micro-organism, like an amoeba or virus

azrael07

It may not be a Fossil Pokémon, but Tangrowth is based on a caveman/Neanderthal. Maybe Tangrowth gets an evo similar to your idea?

As I've said, Garchomp is a shark Pokémon.

Aerodactyl, and especially Mega Aerodactyl, are already extremely gargoyle-y. And they're Rock/Flying.

I don't see Tangrowth as a caveman or Neanderthal.

Garchomp is such a busy design. I understand you've made that point before and? No need to be rude about it.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
We do have a pure shark Pokemon in Sharpedo, just pointing out. Now the variety of sharks, that's a different story.

azrael07

I'm aware of Sharpedo. Like. Sharpedo is okay, I guess I just want something... More shark like. What's always bothered me about Sharpedo is it looks like half a Pokémon.

I'd also like a better scorpion Pokémon. Like I'm not a big fan of Drapion's overall design.

I'd also like a better hyena Pokémon. Real hyenas are spotted, so I'd want something closer in line with that.

Kirby Dragons

After many ninjas, we finally need at least one pirate Pokémon.
Garchomp is such a busy design. I understand you've made that point before and? No need to be rude about it.
All I said was that I had said it before, I don't really see how that's rude. But IMO a shark is too much a part of Garchomp's design, if not the most significant part, for Sharpedo to be considered the only shark Pokémon.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
If they ever base a Pokémon region on Canada (as I suggested in another thread), they could make moose and loon Pokémon. We already have a beaver in Bibarel and a polar bear in Cubchoo and Beartic, so they could be non-native Pokémon who appear in said hypothetical region. Oshawott is a sea otter, who is found on the western coast of British Columbia, but he's a starter, so they'd probably have to create another otter Pokémon.