• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that aren't Pokemon yet

Kirby Dragons

I finally want my Manatee Pokemon >_> preferably water/grass, so that we finally have a water/grass type that doesn't look ugly as sin.
1. Grass-type would make zero sense.
2. Ludicolo, attack Orphalesion with Hydro Pump!

RedJirachi

Veteran member
1. Grass-type would make zero sense.
2. Ludicolo, attack Orphalesion with Hydro Pump!

Manatee eat a lot of underwater plant material

I think that Mimikyu is already kinda like that. It's designed to look like a Pikachu.

Those absolute madmen, they actually made a Pokemon based on Pokemon!

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Manatee eat a lot of underwater plant material
Just because manatees are herbivores doesn't justify why a manatee Pokémon should be Grass-type.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Just because manatees are herbivores doesn't justify why a manatee Pokémon should be Grass-type.
Agreed. Several Pokémon are said to be herbivores but aren’t Grass Types such as Shieldon. A true manatee Pokémon would most likely be part Fairy due to them being confused for mermaids by sailors hundreds of years ago.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Agreed. Several Pokémon are said to be herbivores but aren’t Grass Types such as Shieldon. A true manatee Pokémon would most likely be part Fairy due to them being confused for mermaids by sailors hundreds of years ago.
Yeah, kinda getting Primarina vibes here. I'm still waiting for a true swordfish Pokémon.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
It's not just that. Manatee are exclusively sea grazers, and spend most of their time on the sea floor. Though I guess that would also justify them being Water/Ground

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
It's not just that. Manatee are exclusively sea grazers, and spend most of their time on the sea floor. Though I guess that would also justify them being Water/Ground
Maybe because some manatees live in marshy environments it could as well justify their Water/Ground typing.

Missingno.Fan

Ideas I have:
-A cheetah that has an ability that has an ability where its speed lowers but its attack increases with each turn.
-A possum with an ability that it can't receive direct damage when it's paralyzed.
-Steel/Poison Mercury based Pokemon with an ability to change from solid to liquid forms.

Orphalesion

But it isn't an argument to say "that typing makes no sense" We have grass goats, grass dinosaurs, grass owls, grass deer...a grass manatee would be fine.

My idea was along the lines of having a grass/water manatee being lazy and drifting (and cute) with sea grass growing on it.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
But it isn't an argument to say "that typing makes no sense" We have grass goats, grass dinosaurs, grass owls, grass deer...a grass manatee would be fine.

My idea was along the lines of having a grass/water manatee being lazy and drifting (and cute) with sea grass growing on it.
Well it is simple as this. These Pokémon are Grass-type because they all have plant or plant-like motifs, like flowers and leaves, that are incorporated into their designs. To be honest I'm alright with a manatee Pokémon being Grass-type if it has plant-like motifs like seaweed or seagrass.

Orphalesion

To be honest I'm alright with a manatee Pokémon being Grass-type if it has plant-like motifs like seaweed.
Which was the idea ;). Either have it fuzzy and cuddly with sea weed "fur" (like a shaggy breed of cattle such as the highland cow) or have grass and flowers grow on it's back that thrive from the sunlight as the manatee-pokemon drifts along the water, with it's back above the waterline, turning it into s a swimming garden. And that's just two ideas.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Which was the idea ;). Either have it fuzzy and cuddly with sea weed "fur" (like a shaggy breed of cattle such as the highland cow) or have grass and flowers grow on it's back that thrive from the sunlight as the manatee-pokemon drifts along the water, with it's back above the waterline, turning it into s a swimming garden. And that's just two ideas.
Just saying that the Lotad line is currently the only line that has the Water-Grass typing so it will be good to see some rare type combinations get more attention. Going with the idea that its back could be a 'garden', maybe these Pokémon could act as mini-islands and transport a lot of small Pokémon across the seas.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I’d really like a lily pad/flower fish hybrid that is Water/Grass. I’m picturing a three stage evolution line where the flower slowly blooms similarly to the plant on the Bulbasaur line and the fish looks similar to the traditional koi. The fish of course is brightly colored and has a new ability that restores health in both rainy and sunny weather and in rain it gets a little Speed boost while strong sunlight increases Special Attack and Special Defense.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
The most obvious choice for a Grass/Fire Pokemon, a chili pepper

Sprinter1988

I feel like a pokemon based of the Batman character Poison Ivy would be quite interesting. She could have the kissing moves Sweet Kiss, Lovely Kiss and Draining Kiss while adding a new one - Poison Kiss. Give her vines around her arms allowing her to use Wrap, Vine Whip and Power Whip, and then create some plant-based variants of Vespiquen's signature moves Attack Order, Defend Order and Heal Order, making the plants in the area attack her opponents, raise her defences or heal her as needed (or rather than make new, similar moves, change it so that the Order moves change type depending on the user, remaining bug type for Vespiquen and grass type for this new pokemon. Could even make it so that it can be water type and give it to Wishiwashi)
Other moves: Attract, Acrobatics, Ingrain, Sweet Scent.
Possible abilities: Chlorophyll, Poison Touch
Typing: Grass/Fairy or Grass/Poison

ThisIsPatrick

Another shark Pokemon would be sweet, something prehistoric and fossil based would be cool. Imagine something like a megladon roaming the waters

Kirby Dragons

The most obvious choice for a Grass/Fire Pokemon, a chili pepper
We could also get a tiki, a Moses bush, a forest fire, a tobacco leaf, a Jack-o-Lantern, a pyrophyte, biofuel, or firewood.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Really surprised that a sea snake, sea anemone, and an urchin has yet to become a Pokémon. They all have interesting designs to work with and endless color possibilities.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Really surprised that a sea snake, sea anemone, and an urchin has yet to become a Pokémon. They all have interesting designs to work with and endless color possibilities.
I think we had an urchin. Mareanie. But it would be cool if we had a sea snake and a sea anemone.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Mareanie was clearly based on the crown-of-thorns starfish, particularly evident from its Dex entries about it feeding on Corsola.