• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that aren't Pokemon yet

Kung Fu Ferret

The Usurper
Since the old thread is nowhere to be found, I thought I'd make a new one. (Maybe I'm in the wrong section?)

There are countless animals, plants, and objects that haven't been turned into official Pokémon. (NOTE: This is not a thread for Gen 8 speculation or whatnot).

Let me start this thread by saying that a lot of extinct species from Earth's natural history have not been represented by Game Freak in the Pokémon universe. I myself am disappointed by the lack of any mammalian fossil Pokémon.

Sure, you could go with the usual "woolly mammoth/sabertooth cat" duo. However, there are so many other lesser-known ancient mammals that need love, too. Prehistoric rhinos and giant sloths come to mind for me.

Also, even though they're quite alive and well, I'd love to see a leopard gecko Pokémon. I think it would be adorable.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
A sabertooth cat Pokemon could be pretty neat.

A prehistoric rhino could be neat as well.

How about a velociraptor?

Lykouros

Sandslash fan
Poison would work too!

Good point! I knew there was a type I was forgetting.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Sure, you could go with the usual "woolly mammoth/sabertooth cat" duo. However, there are so many other lesser-known ancient mammals that need love, too. Prehistoric rhinos and giant sloths come to mind for me.
Vigoroth seems to share more with ground sloths than it does modern ones. Though really, that seems to be pretty common with prehistoric creatures. Often, they'll be vaguely incorporated into non-prehistoric pokémon when they evolve or just in general. A glyptodon pokémon sounds pretty cool, but could it be done without being more-or-less a rock-typed chesnaught?

Then again, there's still a prehistoric sauropod pokémon, despite meganium and tropius being made before it, so I guess it isn't a complete write-off. Still though, one has to wonder if extinct species need to be depicted as extinct pokémon to be properly represented.

Hmmm, there's nothing close to a puffin yet, is there? It would be neat to see one which could evolve into a great auk-type thing. Though yeah, seabirds tend to be doomed to get stuck with the water/flying typing, which always makes them wide open to electricity, but still, it's something not done.

Also, I'm still waiting for my rat-tailed-maggot > water scorpion/giant water bug hybrid. And a line which incorporates backswimmers and water boatmen. And pretty much bugs in general, for having a type named after them, they sure are rare inspiration for pokémon (there's like, surskit, and that's it? Maybe shuckle and nincada if you want to push it?). Also, aphids. Give ledyba and ledian something to eat, dammit.

Also, an ostracod would make a good water/grass type, wouldn't it? It's also known as a seed shrimp, so it would be pretty funny to do that.

RedJirachi

Veteran member

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
I said this on the old thread, and I will say it here: I would really like an oarfish Pokémon.

Sure, we have deep-water fish Pokémon now, but none are that close to an oarfish. The ones we have currently are only a few feet at most, and they do not have a body shape like an oarfish.
I have had many ideas about hot this would work in the past, and I am sure it could work in general as a Pokémon in the future.

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
I don't think they have this yet; Some cutesy psychic type pokemon that fights with a giant hypnosis inducing lolipop :p

That would be awesome if they made a pokemon like that. It easily could be a psychic/fairy type, too.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I'm waiting on a dolphin and a crane.

Everyone is waiting for a dolphin. Question is, which dolphin do you want to see?

Purely item-wise, I want to see them do a Pokemon based on mercury. That would be a really neat way to introduce Steel/Poison. Maybe it could have an ability around temperature

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
Everyone is waiting for a dolphin. Question is, which dolphin do you want to see?

Purely item-wise, I want to see them do a Pokemon based on mercury. That would be a really neat way to introduce Steel/Poison. Maybe it could have an ability around temperature

Your idea is awesome X3

Hmn what else do i wanna see....

A fairy type unicorn :p
Perfect stereo typical girly girl pokemon lol

Evolve's into a fairy/flying alicorn unicorn/pegasus that would rock in battle? Things just got 100% cooler 8)

I do not regret this post. I don't want to. And yes i do like mlp.

OMG PLEEEASE JOIN THE HERD PEOPLE!! lolol~

....We've got chocolate cupcakes :3

raichu27

Dolphin
Housefly
Fire Ant
Mosquito
Earthworm
Turkey
Emu
Dalmatian
Dragonfish