• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that aren't Pokemon yet

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
A pokemon based off soup? XD

I don't think there's candle themed pokemon yet either.

There is - Litwick. Maybe you didn't play the fifth generation.

There's quite a lot of animals and other things in the real world who haven't been made into Pokémon yet. In another thread I suggested a region based on Canada, so if that were to come true, they'd probably populate it with moose, loon, polar bear and red deer Pokémon. (I know there's Cubchoo and Beartic, but Unova is American, not Canadian.)

It would be pretty cool if there was a ghost ship Pokémon, and it could be Ghost/Water, like Frillish and Jellicent. And Dhelmise would be a good partner for it because he's a possessed anchor who was born from a shipwreck.

Last edited:

Shadow_Lugia_XD001

Guess who's back
A grass/dragon type based on a Dragonfruit! They're this lovely vibrant pink colour with green tipped 'scales'. It'd make a great Pokémon design.

TrottingMinccino

Can also jump!
This has probably been mentioned before but...Dolphins, anyone?! It's a surprise after several generations they haven't yet made a cool, swift Water Type inspired from those critters.

TheGiftedFlareon

Tactician's Gambit
You know what would be very cool? Honestly, what about a Pokemon that is based off a germ or bacteria? Yeah yeah there's Solosis, but I'm talking about a legit strain of something. A Pokemon based off of Dengue fever or something, a ball of germ that's Poison/Whatever

RedJirachi

Veteran member
A grass/dragon type based on a Dragonfruit! They're this lovely vibrant pink colour with green tipped 'scales'. It'd make a great Pokémon design.

There's a lot of fruit that could be given Pokemon versions. A very obvious choice for Grass/Fire would be chilis, peppers and the like

Leonhart

Imagineer
I'm surprised that we haven't gotten a swordfish-based Pokemon yet. With each passing Generation of Pokemon, it seems like Game Freak would rather give us rehashed Water-type Pokemon designs than go with something new and original. I'd love some kind of sawfish-based Pokemon as well, one that's Water/Steel perhaps.

Spyro39

A narwhal Pokemon with its tusk being a spear. Make it a Water/Ice type since they live in Arctic regions.

I would also like to see another canine Pokemon based off on a coyote.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
I'm surprised that we haven't gotten a swordfish-based Pokemon yet. With each passing Generation of Pokemon, it seems like Game Freak would rather give us rehashed Water-type Pokemon designs than go with something new and original. I'd love some kind of sawfish-based Pokemon as well, one that's Water/Steel perhaps.

I think Tapu Fini is sort of based on a swordfish, at least when she has her shell closed. But I would like to see an actual swordfish Pokémon, maybe in Gen 8.

necris14

Protect that smile
I've always wanted a rhino or a peacock. Yeah, we have Rhyhorn, but he evolution lines takes him somewhere...else. I'm interested in a Hippowdon-esque take on the animal.

As far as peacocks go, I think a Fairy/Electric type could be neat. Something that kinda has arcing between its tail feathers, and generates light/electricity in similar fashion to Mareep.

Also, falcons. I know we technically have Talonflame, but he seems more hawk-ish to me. I want a full-on supersonic peregrine falcon Pokemon. Something like Braviary. Give him an ability that adds priority and recoil to every physical move or something, lol.

Kirby Dragons

Leprechauns are a common mythical creature not yet a Pokemon. On that note, we also don't have a clover mon.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I've always wanted a rhino or a peacock. Yeah, we have Rhyhorn, but he evolution lines takes him somewhere...else. I'm interested in a Hippowdon-esque take on the animal.

As far as peacocks go, I think a Fairy/Electric type could be neat. Something that kinda has arcing between its tail feathers, and generates light/electricity in similar fashion to Mareep.

Also, falcons. I know we technically have Talonflame, but he seems more hawk-ish to me. I want a full-on supersonic peregrine falcon Pokemon. Something like Braviary. Give him an ability that adds priority and recoil to every physical move or something, lol.

I thought Staraptor was based on a falcon.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
I thought Staraptor was based on a falcon.
Staraptor's a bit huskier, more harpy eagle-esque than falconlike, though if you ask me, talonflame's falcon enough. It seems to be one of those things it's a bit hard to determine what counts and what doesn't. I mean, if lucario can constitute as a wolf pokémon, then presumably, blaziken could be called a falcon pokémon due to the apparent Horus/Ra allusion in its design.

I think the coyote is in a bit of a similar boat. I mean, sure, there isn't any pokémon that's outright a coyote or dingo, but is there any way to make a distinctly coyote or dingo pokémon? What would really cement it as specifically based on one of those any more than something like manectric? Just about every feral/wild canine is similar enough that it's hard to pin down a particular one as inspiring a pokémon's design. I guess the one exception would be culture-related allusions. It seems to be that kind of thing which makes some of the more ambiguous canid pokémon resemble more specific kinds. Zoroark and alakazam would lean towards being fox pokémon, as they reference foxes/kitsunes in folklore or cultural perceptions in general, while lucario's Anubis-esque-ness makes it pretty safe to call it the jackal pokémon (or I guess actually wolf pokémon, because it turns out golden jackals are actually wolves, strangely enough). I guess with that in mind, there's definitely room for a coyote pokémon that specifically nods to the coyote's role in several elements of North American folklore. Perhaps if a Western North American region was created, one could appear in it?

RedJirachi

Veteran member
The dragonfruit is a pretty awesome-looking fruit. I feel it would be a good choice for a Grass/Dragon Pokemon that isn't a form of a previous Pokemon. Speaking of which, Alolan Noctowl really should be a snowy owl

necris14

Protect that smile
Staraptor's a bit huskier, more harpy eagle-esque than falconlike, though if you ask me, talonflame's falcon enough.

You know, visually, I never really considered Staraptor a falcon, but yeah, I suppose if you think about it it kinda seems like one.

Speaking of which, Alolan Noctowl really should be a snowy owl

I would be so down for this.