• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that aren't Pokemon yet

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
If they ever base a Pokémon region on Canada (as I suggested in another thread), they could make moose and loon Pokémon. We already have a beaver in Bibarel and a polar bear in Cubchoo and Beartic, so they could be non-native Pokémon who appear in said hypothetical region. Oshawott is a sea otter, who is found on the western coast of British Columbia, but he's a starter, so they'd probably have to create another otter Pokémon.

We need a crane. I’m still surprised after two decades we still don’t have a crane Pokémon which is really strange considering the bird’s importance to Japanese culture. They made one off of those Lucky Cat store statues but not for their national bird? Also surprised we don’t have a Pokémon based on toxic metals.

azrael07

Yeah, I'd love to see a Moose pokemon. Though I do consider Buizel/Floatzel otters, I'd be down for more otter pokemon. I never liked Samurott, it's weird to see a line like the Oshawatt line or the Litten line that goes from say Biped-Biped-Quadruped or Quadruped-Quadruped-Biped with the middle stages not really forming a smooth transition between the first and final stages.

I'd like some better Bear pokemon, and even a calf pokemon. Every pokemon like Tauros, Miltank and Boufallant don't have pre-evos and it's just weird to me.

I'd like a spooky teddy bear pokemon. Ghost/Fairy maybe.

Crane pokemon would be neat.

It'd be really neat to see like a Flamingo pokemon, Flying/Fairy.

azrael07

After many ninjas, we finally need at least one pirate Pokémon.

All I said was that I had said it before, I don't really see how that's rude. But IMO a shark is too much a part of Garchomp's design, if not the most significant part, for Sharpedo to be considered the only shark Pokémon.

That's fair. It came off as rude. Tone is hard to discern in a forum setting sometimes. Benefit of the doubt then.

RedJirachi

Veteran member

Kirby Dragons

A Matryoshka doll (the Russian doll that has smaller dolls inside it) would be cool.

azrael07

I'd like to see something like an old west themed ghost pokemon. I like the ghost dual types, so I'd like to see more of those.

Captain Jigglypuff

A sea urchin and a clownfish/sea anemone duo would have been nice to see in Alola.

Stantlers

Will o the whisp pokemon being ghost and fire

A ghost raven

An ice lynx part psychic or electric

A proper woody grass tiki pokemon

Bug dark or ghost black widow spider

A ghost book

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I think Psyduck is already sort of based on a platypus, due to his big beak.

Psyduck lacks the beaver-like tail that platypi have, so it isn't a pure example. Its beak is more like that of a platypus, yes, but overall it has more in common with a duck.

And to make things even more interesting, have the males be part Poison.

From what I understand, it's the males who have the poison spur. So you could have it that male platypi Pokemon are Water/Poison, female platypi are Water/Electric due to their ability to sense electric signals with that beak

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
From what I understand, it's the males who have the poison spur. So you could have it that male platypi Pokemon are Water/Poison, female platypi are Water/Electric due to their ability to sense electric signals with that beak

Would that make it the first Pokémon to have different forms with different type combos for each form?

Captain Jigglypuff

Would that make it the first Pokémon to have different forms with different type combos for each form?

I think Wormadam would be the first to do that. The platypus idea would be the first for genders of a single species though.

Stantlers

A pokemon based off soup? XD

I don't think there's candle themed pokemon yet either.

They could create another candle line pokemon, or give a split evolution to litwick that's still a candle. I love litwick but its pretty useless and its evolutions look too different

I'd like to see something like an old west themed ghost pokemon. I like the ghost dual types, so I'd like to see more of those.
Always wanted s creepy proper straw scarecrow wild west themed. A raven/crow line can be created to rival it mirroring Seviper and Zangoose rivalry

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I'm surprised they haven't gone the easy route and made a dog/cat rivalry.