• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that aren't Pokemon yet

RedJirachi

Veteran member
A snow leopard would be a cool second Dark and Ice combination. An alligator snapping turtle would be a good choice for the Strong Jaw ability

TheEmeraldKnight

Lookin' for Shinies
I'd like to see something like a Vinegaroon. I think it could be like a Dark/Bug type or a Dark/Poison type with a Bug type version of Steelworker.

vinegaroon_susan_2-300x199.jpg

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
There are zillions of potential insects that Pokemon hasn't touched yet and could make Pokemon. As the largest class in the animal kingdom(and athropods being the largest phylum), the inspirations are functionally infinite

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I'd like to see something like a Vinegaroon. I think it could be like a Dark/Bug type or a Dark/Poison type with a Bug type version of Steelworker.

vinegaroon_susan_2-300x199.jpg
That would be cool! I've seen something similar to that in Ever Oasis.

What about a Pokemon based off of a Flamingo?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
What about a Pokemon based off of a Flamingo?
Yeah it would be nice to see one. Perhaps it might have the Fairy-Flying combination because Togekiss is the only Fairy-Flying Pokémon.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Yeah it would be nice to see one. Perhaps it might have the Fairy-Flying combination because Togekiss is the only Fairy-Flying Pokémon.
Ooh that would be sweet. Have the regular one be pink and the shiny variant be white with some pink accents.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Ooh that would be sweet. Have the regular one be pink and the shiny variant be white with some pink accents.
Maybe they could go with that but I think these colours are quite similar. I think to make these colours more different, the shiny could just be pure white or possibly even purple.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I still am waiting for a sea urchin, dolphin, flamingo, peacock with gender differences, platypus, sea snake, clown fish and sea anemone duo, something based on the jiangshi, a haunted magic book, something based on a macaw parrot, a garden gnome, and a proper saber tooth tiger fossil.

Dolphins and orcas

Most extinct animals, more sharks, more whales, a true mantis Pokemon, Asian Giant Hornet, snakes that aren’t poison types. There are sooooo many possibilities, is basically endless.

Kung Fu Ferret

The Usurper
We need a leopard gecko. Ground/Fairy, Dark/Fairy. Ground/Poison, Electric/Ground, are all possible type combos.

I'd say Ground/Fairy, personally.

Great idea.

Tokay gecko could be another one. Dark/fighting type due to their aggression and boldness, it’s ability could be strong jaw(very strong bites for their size). Even thought of some stats for that new Pokémon.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I've always thought that a Tasmanian Devil would make for an interesting Dark type.
I can see that being a possibility considering that it has a dark coat, fangs and being nocturnal could make it a Dark-type. Considering that there are unique native wildlife in Australia, it will be interesting to see more Pokémon being based off Australian animals.

AuroraBeam

Since wishiwashi's introduction, I've always thought a bug type equilvalant that swarms would be neat. Maybe a bug/dark locust with the dark type representing how locust swarms can literally block out the sun according to legend if they get big enough as well as referring to them causing food shortages & hard times for people.

Orphalesion

Since wishiwashi's introduction, I've always thought a bug type equilvalant that swarms would be neat. Maybe a bug/dark locust with the dark type representing how locust swarms can literally block out the sun according to legend if they get big enough as well as referring to them causing food shortages & hard times for people.

I was really disappointed that the school form wasn't an evolution that had lots of little fishes fuse into one giant fish. I hope we can get something like that at one point. Or something like a Rat King.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I would be interested in a whale shark

Shadow_Trainer

Event Marquis
Maybe have a Pokemon based off El Cucuy! El Cucuy differs from region to region in Latin America; a ghost with a pumpkin head, a hairy beast, a small humanoid with red eyes, a Dragon, a dark cloaked figure, or disguised as a bird.

Some legends say El Cucuy can hide in people's shadows and/or shapeshift. But all the legends agree that it eats/takes away bad children.

A Pokemon like that will obviously be a Ghost type, but the second typing can be Dark, Flying, or Dragon.

It can have the ability Illusion, Shadow Tag, Disguise, or Infiltrator.

Some obvious moves would be Theif, Pursuit, Lick, and all biting moves.