• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that aren't Pokemon yet

BlisseyEX

The happiness Pokémon
A leaf insect imitation Pokémon in parallel to Sudowoodo could be interesting.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I’d love to see a lionfish Pokémon. Something that looks pretty to look at but dangerous to tough. Also would love to see something based on the sea snake.

Kung Fu Ferret

The Usurper
A fossil based on the Entelodont would be very interesting. A predatory ancestor of modern pigs, it's just squealing to be made into a Pokémon!

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Sabre-toothed tiger, perhaps?

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Pokémon based on periodic elements.
There are a lot of periodic elements to pick, like sulfur and mercury. But a lot that no-one would care for, like yttrium. FYI, sulfur and mercury are instant choices for Poison type. Poison/Steel for a mercury-based Pokemon, Poison/Rock for a sulfur-based Pokemon

Acerola

::A Smitten Kitten With One Mitten::
Not sure if this was said, but a grass Pokemon based on the plant Holly?
It could be part ice type maybe...since Holly is associated with Christmas time :)

I don't know haha~
Just thought it would be interesting <3

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Somebody in another thread suggested a platypus. I expanded on this and suggested a water/fighting platypus with poison point. Could be fun.
I want a Water/Ice platypus that has the males being able to learn Poison attacks through level up and TMs while female learn more Psychic moves annd Soft Boiled to correlate with their real life counterparts. The name I came up with is Platyce. (Pronounced as Plat-Ice)

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
While we've had Pokemon based on bats before, we've never had a Pokemon truly based on a bat pup. I'd like that as the Fire starter in the G8 games, it would lack the secondary Flying-type to start, but by the time it fully evolves (the adult bat stage), it has it.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Fomantis and Lurantis?

Technically they aren't based on leaf or stick insects, but I see what you mean. I believe there's a species of snake that pretends to be a more poisonous snake, that'd be a good Dark type

Kirby Dragons

There are a lot of periodic elements to pick, like sulfur and mercury. But a lot that no-one would care for, like yttrium. FYI, sulfur and mercury are instant choices for Poison type. Poison/Steel for a mercury-based Pokemon, Poison/Rock for a sulfur-based Pokemon
More common elements should of course be the priority. But after those, there could be Pokémon based on less common ones. The Pokémon would be cryptic and hard to figure out, but that's what could make them cool.

As for some possible well-known elements:
  • Lead (Steel/Poison)
  • Uranium (Poison)
  • Carbon (Steel/Rock)
  • Oxygen (Flying)
  • Hydrogen (Water/Flying)