• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Things that BUG you about the show

Hyourinmaru

Moose with the Pen
the fact that the anime doesnt follow the manga? anyone?

the manga kicks as*

Why would it? It's not like all those other anime that are based on manga (FMA, Bleach, One Piece), they're completely unrelated and is supposed to stay that way. Besides, there's more than one manga out there. What are they supposed to do?

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
I hate things that are edited alot

zeno48

Zaker!
TEAM ROCKET
Does anyone else think that they are just extremely annoying.
They should have more battles and less Team Rocket.
BATTLES
I mean seriously Ash has maybe 1 battle every episode how can that be fun?
One other thing is that he is always the underdog and he always wins? What are the chanses of that? I have never seen him totally PWN someone its always a come from behind victory.

Pokemon is the most succesful anime based on a videogame ever and its also the longest running animated airtime wise it surpasses simpsons and southpark. If they only made some tweaks the show would be a whole lot better.

People like you complaining about the anime and no anime is perfect so I think pokemon is just fine the way it is.

Soulworage717

Registeel.
(WARNING: This post is labeled as "tl;dr". Proceed only if you won't fall to sleep while reading for a long period of time.)

I can think of 15,000 situations (Over-exaggeration.) that made me want to stop watching. But the majority falls into these 2 categories.

#1 in priority: The Battles

This is the biggest problem I have with this show. Watching battle after battle that will absolutely not help you become better at battling makes me want to kill things. And if the battles are bad this show is bad. I mean seriously, what is Pokemon without the battles? The game would not be the game without the battles. The same SHOULD apply for the show.

SERIOUSLY. Textbook moves, (How many Pokemon have Focus Punch?) NEVER A ONE SIDED BATTLE, (WHY?!??) the game doesn't matter at all to the writers, (A terrible mistake.) and nobody non-important EVER BATTLES ASH. (Maybe once in a while, but in 500 episodes, it's only happen around 20 times. That's 5%.) Watching a battle is like reading a Playboy magazine. Nobody cares about the articles (Battles.), most people are only here for the eyecandy. (The terrible, terrible truth I have come to realize.)

And this is the opposite of what I like and what many people would believe Pokemon would do well. Face it guys, the battles suck hard. They might as well have no battles but rather just have their Pokemon dance and skip about in style. It'd be the same thing most likely.

#2: Team Rocket

...ONCE IN A WHILE.....PLEASE PLEASE PLEEEEEEEEASE!!!!!!

I'm enjoying the show, and then Team Rocket shows up and I go back to my computer ignoring what happens next.

The biggest problem I have with them is the fact they contribute to the problem above. However if you like Cacnea/Carnivine/Dustox/etc. , you're in luck. They'll appear over 9,000 times before they stop appearing.

Another thing is that they are repetitive in what they do. Try to steal stuff using mechas (Because they loves using giant robots. It makes them feel good.) and fail. Forget about their failure tomorrow and try again. Their target is always a stupid yellow mouse. But honestly at this point they don't care. ...Actually it's kinda split between "do care" and "don't care." Again, they need to go away once in awhile. You'd think 500 thunderbolts among other things would put them in retirement...or at the very least give them a dang good vacation.

Name me an episode in the previous 3 seasons Team Rocket has not appeared, and I'll give you as many cookies as I have. If what I'm hearing is true, then the statement below is true.

"If you like Team Rocket, you'll like the show.

However if you can't get used to Team Rocket, you'll never enjoy this show."

...People there has GOT to be a problem there.

Ash is well...Ash pretty much. If problem #1 was fixed we'd see Ash actually battle pretty well. And what kind of role model Ash is if all he uses is a yellow mouse? Srsly, how many kids have you seen with a team that has a yellow mouse in it? BAD ROLE MODEL ALERT.

It'd make me happy to see Team Rocket NOT appear, but right now I am praying that the battles will not suck. Forget TR, the battles in this show is the biggest problem in my eyes. Outclassing Team Rocket by a huge difference. I can tolerate Team Rocket, but I can't tolerate the viciously lame battles.

@zeno48: Of course no anime is perfect. But there are good animes, and there are bad anime nobody wants to watch. Pokemon doesn't have to be perfect, but it needs to stop sucking badly.

the people who think evolution=better.

No. Squirtle, Bulbasaur, Corphish, etc. All better for not having evolved. Obviously some evo's are necessary, but please, they're not always beneficial. Glalie-Snorunt being the perfect example.

Princess Reina

lalala....
the people who think evolution=better.

No. Squirtle, Bulbasaur, Corphish, etc. All better for not having evolved. Obviously some evo\'s are necessary, but please, they\'re not always beneficial. Glalie-Snorunt being the perfect example.

Honestly, I hate it. Ash and his friends rarely evolve their pokemon and they win the battles against much stronger trainers. I wont forget that episode when Phnapy (probably level 5) beat Arbok and Weezing. It was stupid and in the game would be impossible. Arbok and Weezing have been much longer on the world than Phnapy and their level was much higher - so I really dont know why they lost to the small pokemon. The anime isnt really related with the games, both have almost nothing common. Levels, evolutions, movepools.... I have a feeling that everything what is important in the games doesnt exist in the show.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
I do dislike how some pokémon only ever seem to get very, very minor parts or are stuck to a single episode. C'mon guys, you've got well over 400 characters at your disposal. We don't need to see Scizor and Steelix every week.

But other than that, nothing about the show really bugs me as much as it does other people. Sometimes I can get a little picky when it comes to animation is, be slightly put off by the occasional silly move in battles, or grow disappointed when a character I like is phased out, but that's about as far as I'll go. At the end of the day, it's just a lighthearted TV show that's extremely easy to get into, and I'm just fine with that.

In the grand scheme of things, it's the fans that bug me the most. But then again; it's all sarcasm fodder ;)

TysonKO

Okay so we all agree Team Rocket is good for the show. Back on topic!

What bugs me about the show is that Ash is constantly the underdog and never really kicks any *** and his overuse of the typical "Friendship conquers all, we can do it together" crap.

Thats exactly what im saying!!!

Noo way could a pikachu base stat 50.00 by the way ever beat any realyy good pokemon no matter how stronger he is than normal pikachu.
he should carry around charizard instead ov pikachu and he should evolve more pokemon

I would actually prefer to follow gary around on his jorney he is way better in every was especially pokemon wise

Mello

Serial Fangirl
Pikachu. I hate the way that Pikachu ALWAYS has to be the one to send Team Rocket blasting off, has to be used in every major battle, seems to have uber stregnth... They should power some of Ash's other Pokemon and give Pikachu a little break.

Soulworage717

Registeel.
Pikachu. I hate the way that Pikachu ALWAYS has to be the one to send Team Rocket blasting off, has to be used in every major battle, seems to have uber stregnth... They should power some of Ash's other Pokemon and give Pikachu a little break.

Hence why I have christened this Pokemon "HAXachu."

B-MAN

Team rocket! Please just give up and leave the show, ash leave the show, brock leave show anything stupid leave the show! Please, this showed made little kids believe pikachu is the best pokemon in the world. I was showing this little kid my diamond game and showed him all my legendaries and all he had to ask was do you have pikachu. Pikachu? I have legendaries that is 100 times better that mouse and you want to see pikachu? The anime has curoppted the franchise unless it gets back to it's roots.

Princess Reina

lalala....
I do dislike how some pokémon only ever seem to get very, very minor parts or are stuck to a single episode. C\'mon guys, you\'ve got well over 400 characters at your disposal. We don\'t need to see Scizor and Steelix every week.

Agree. Gardevoir and Shuckle need more attention.
Team rocket! Please just give up and leave the show, ash leave the show, brock leave show anything stupid leave the show! Please, this showed made little kids believe pikachu is the best pokemon in the world. I was showing this little kid my diamond game and showed him all my legendaries and all he had to ask was do you have pikachu. Pikachu? I have legendaries that is 100 times better that mouse and you want to see pikachu? The anime has curoppted the franchise unless it gets back to it\'s roots.
Kids are kids. They use Pikachu because they have seen it in the anime. BTW, I agree with Rockets. They arent funny only boring and pathetic. I used to like them in the Indigo League because they did something more and were more useful. Now they arent funny only very boring and some my friends dont watch the show anymore because they hate Rockets. I would like to see new bad guys, someone like Saturn and Mars from Team Galactic should be on the first place.

MassivePanda

Goofy time?
There are a LOT of things that bug me in the show, but everyone here has listed them all.

The biggest thing that irks me is that they NEVER include the actual rivals (except Gary) in the show. NEVER. Poor Brendan has had 2 cameos, and we'll never see him again. The main rival in DP has yet to be shown, and I highly doubt he will; he's a great character and really needs to be in at least 1 small arc.. It's too late for that though.

Team Rocket to me is love/hate relationship. At times I really enjoy having them around. They add lots of laughs and stuff like that. However they don't really have any real relevance to the plot. Their goal is to capture Pikachu, and they keep FAILING. I understand that they won't ever leave the show because they've been in 500+ episodes.

Metal Force

o^_^o PWNZOME
Well I do agree that Team Rocket is annoying, I also hate the fact that Ash, which is the hero, isn't much of a powerful trainer.

MassivePanda

Goofy time?
Well I do agree that Team Rocket is annoying, I also hate the fact that Ash, which is the hero, isn't much of a powerful trainer.

Well, I think he is strong, but he just puts all of his new region Pokemon back into Prof. Oak's lab and always goes for fresh, new Pokemon. If he had his old Pokemon (like Sceptile or Charizard ) he would be stronger.

Sableye King

The Ghost Guru
That Brenden had 2 cameos and the show doesn't stick with games when it comes to types. Sometimes electricity affects griund types, and sometimes it doesn't. (Pikachu vs. Brock's Onix, and Pikachu vs. Camerupt) Same with normal attacks not affecting Ghosts (May's Squirtle vs. Harley's Banette). Also, How did May's eevee learn both Shadow ball and dig with no TMs?

Also, why is it in D/P, Paul is 100 times better than Ash? Isn't Ash the good guy here? why is it that Paul gets the better, stronger pokemon, while Ash get weak little ones? Unless he get two legendaries or Paul gets rid of his strong pokemon, Ash can't win. And isn't that going against why the anime is around? For Ash to become a pokemon Master, not be beat in every leauge competition so far.

Soulworage717

Registeel.

Well Ash looking like he sucks is pretty much the fault of Problem #1. (Crappy battles) If that was fixed, he'd look a BIT less like a wimp. I'm pretty sure we all have envisioned using our metagame teams to destroy the pathetic excuse of a team Ash Ketchum has. Also for the love of god, he needs to stop using HAXachu all the bloody time. Again, BAD ROLE MODEL.

Although Problem #3 has arisen.

#3: Secondary characters.

60% of the characters you see, you'll never see again. (Maybe another time, but most of the time never.)
70% of the above-mentioned will always showcase a non-textbook Pokemon.
80% of the characters will not battle Ash. However 40% will do some sort of fighting against Team Rocket.
90% of secondary characters will be plot devices.

Enough of false facts that I can't prove, basically this show needs far FAR less secondary characters and more characters that will serve a far better purpose than just being a plot device for the only episode they're in. If you're saying character development and plot advance is important here's something that can improve that concept. FOCUS ON SOMEBODY BESIDES ASH KETCHUM FROM PALLET TOWN'S PARTY.

Unfortunately as the cosmos say, this will not be possible. For this is something the manga does, and the anime is not the manga. As King Brandon says, "Whatever the manga does, the anime doesn't."